Report NEP-MAC-2013-06-16This is the archive for NEP-MAC, a report on new working papers in the area of Macroeconomics. Soumitra K Mallick issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- John Nevile & Peter Kriesler, 2012. "A Bright Future Can Be Ours! Macroeconomic Policy for Non-Euro-Zone Western Countries," Discussion Papers 2012-28, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- William T. Gavin & Benjamin D. Keen & Finn E. Kydland, 2013. "Monetary policy, the tax code, and the real effects of energy shocks," Working Papers 1304, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Carl Chiarella & Corrado Di Guilmi, 2013. "Monetary Policy and Debt Deflation: Some Computational Experiments," Working Paper Series 10, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & TengTeng Xu, 2013. "Business Cycle Effects of Credit Shocks in a DSGE Model with Firm Defaults," Staff Working Papers 13-19, Bank of Canada.
- Andrea Vaona, 2013. "Inflation gifts and endogenous growth through learning-by-doing," Working Papers 09/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Chance Mwabutwa, Manoel Bittencourt and Nicola Viegi, 2013. "Monetary Policy Response to Foreign Aid in an Estimated DSGE Model of Malawi," Working Papers 350, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Meier, Simone, 2013. "Financial Globalization and Monetary Transmission," Dynare Working Papers 26, CEPREMAP.
- Wolfgang Pollan, 2013. "US Inflation and Crude Oil Prices. An International Perspective," WIFO Working Papers 451, WIFO.
- Loukas Karabarbounis & Brent Neiman, 2013. "The Global Decline of the Labor Share," NBER Working Papers 19136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan Toporowski, 2012. "Corporate Liquidity and Financial Fragility: The Role of Investment, Debt and Interest," Working Papers 169, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Burgess, Stephen & Fernandez-Corugedo, Emilio & Groth, Charlotta & Harrison, Richard & Monti, Francesca & Theodoridis, Konstantinos & Waldron, Matt, 2013. "The Bank of England's forecasting platform: COMPASS, MAPS, EASE and the suite of models," Bank of England working papers 471, Bank of England.
- José Eduardo Gómez & Jair Ojeda Joya & Fernando Tenjo Galarza & Héctor Manuel Zárate Solano, 2013. "The Interdependence between Credit and Real Business Cycles in Latin American Economies," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 010833, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Łukasz Goczek & Dagmara Mycielska, 2013. "Ready for euro? Empirical study of the actual monetary policy independence in Poland," Working Papers 2013-13, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Mushtaq, Siffat & Rashid, Abdul & Qayyum, Abdul, 2013. "On the Welfare Cost of Inflation: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 47549, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Russell Cooper & Hubert Kempf, 2013. "Deposit Insurance and Orderly Liquidation without Commitment: Can we Sleep Well?," NBER Working Papers 19132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rui M. Pereira, 2013. "Okun's Law across the Business Cycle and during the Great Recession: A Markov Switching Analysis," Working Papers 139, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Gianni Amisano & Roberta Colavecchio, 2013. "Money Growth and Inflation: evidence from a Markov Switching Bayesian VAR," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 201304, University of Hamburg, Department of Socioeconomics.
- Stoian, Andreea, 2012. "Fiscal Sustainability of the European Welfare State: Evidence from Cumulative Excess of the Primary Balance," Working Papers 27/2012, Universidade Portucalense, Centro de Investigação em Gestão e Economia (CIGE).
- Hoffmann, Andreas & Loeffler, Axel, 2013. "Low interest rate policy and the use of reserve requirements in emerging markets," Working Papers 120, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Patrick A. Pintus & Jacek Suda, 2016. "Learning Financial Shocks and the Great Recession," Working Papers halshs-00830480, HAL.
- Emilio Espino & Martin Gonzalez-Rozada, 2013. "Normative Fiscal Policy and Growth: Some Quantitative Implications for the Chilean Economy," Department of Economics Working Papers 2013-06, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- C.P. Chandrasekhar & Jayati Ghosh, 2013. "Policies for structural transformation: An analysis of the Asia-Pacific experience," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/13/01, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Christopher J. Nekarda & Valerie A. Ramey, 2013. "The Cyclical Behavior of the Price-Cost Markup," NBER Working Papers 19099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Kendrick & George Shoukry, 2013. "Quarterly Fiscal Policy Experiments with a Multiplier-Accelerator Model," Department of Economics Working Papers 130208, The University of Texas at Austin, Department of Economics.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2012. "Impact of Macroeconomic and Endogenous Factors on Non-Performing Bank Assets," MPRA Paper 47517, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2013. "Banking System Resilience and Financial Stability," MPRA Paper 47512, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Spanò , Marcello, 2013. "Please do not shoot the wrong enemy!," Working Papers 31/2013, Universidade Portucalense, Centro de Investigação em Gestão e Economia (CIGE).
- Richard G. Anderson & Barry E. Jones & Marcelle Chauvet, 2013. "Nonlinear relationship between permanent and transitory components of monetary aggregates and the economy," Working Papers 2013-018, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Maliranta, Mika & Määttänen, Niku, 2013. "Allocation and industry productivity: Accounting for firm turnover," ETLA Working Papers 11, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Michael D. Bordo & Harold James, 2013. "The European Crisis in the Context of the History of Previous Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 19112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hagen, Tobias, 2013. "Impact of national financial regulation on macroeconomic and fiscal performance after the 2007 financial stock: Econometric analyses based on cross-country data," Working Paper Series: Business and Law 02, Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Business and Law.
- Geoff Harcourt, 2012. "Fusing Indissolubly the Cycle and the Trend: Richard Goodwin’s Profound Insight," Discussion Papers 2012-30, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012. "A new governance for EMU and the economic policy framework," MPRA Paper 47454, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed, Junaid & Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, 2013. "Blessing or curse: The stabilizing role of remittances, foreign aid and FDI to Pakistan," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 153, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2013. "Determinants of Bank Asset Quality and Profitability - An Empirical Assessment," MPRA Paper 47513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Marco Lo Duca & Roland Straub, 2013. "On the International Spillovers of US Quantitative Easing," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1304, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kroencke, Tim A. & Schindler, Felix & Sebastian, Steffen & Theissen, Erik, 2013. "GDP mimicking portfolios and the cross-section of stock returns," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-026, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Zubeyir Kilinc & Hatice Gokce Karasoy & Eray Yucel, 2013. "Non-core Liabilities and Credit Growth," Working Papers 1324, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Landais, Anne-Yvonne & Landais, Bernard, 2013.
"Optimalité en zone euro et réactivité migratoire en période de crise : un cas limite, l'Irlande
[Optimality in Euro Zone and Migratory Reactivity during an Economic Crisis : Ireland, a Borderline C," MPRA Paper 47536, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tom Vogl, 2013. "Differential Fertility, Human Capital, and Development," NBER Working Papers 19128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stauvermann, Peter Josef & Kumar, Ronald, 2013. "Financing human capital development via government debt: a small country case using overlapping generations framework," MPRA Paper 47453, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Feld, Lars P. & Kalb, Alexander & Moessinger, Marc-Daniel & Osterloh, Steffen, 2013. "Sovereign bond market reactions to fiscal rules and no-bailout clauses: The Swiss experience," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-034, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Michel-Pierre Chelini & Georges Prat, 2013. "Cliométrie du modèle WS-PS en France," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-17, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Belo, Frederico & Lin, Xiaoji & Vitorino, Maria Ana, 2013. "Brand Capital and Firm Value," Working Paper Series 2013-04, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- DeAngelo, Harry & Stulz, Rene M., 2013. "Why High Leverage Is Optimal for Banks," Working Paper Series 2013-08, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- William Forbes & Sheila Frances O'Donohoe & Jörg Prokop, 2013. "Financial Regulation and Nation State Crisis Management: Evidence from Germany, Ireland and the UK," ZenTra Working Papers in Transnational Studies 18 / 2013, ZenTra - Center for Transnational Studies, revised May 2013.
- Paolo Pini, 2013. "Europeâ€™s austerity budget for 2014-2020 and its rejection by the European Parliament. A short comment over an anti-Keynesian budget," Working Papers 2013142, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Jinjarak, Yothin & Noy, Ilan & Zheng, Huanhuan, 2013. "What Lessons Can Asia Draw from Capital Controls in Brazil during 2008–2012?," ADBI Working Papers 423, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Swamy, Vighneswara & S, Vijayalakshmi, 2012. "Fair Value Accounting in Banking – Issues in Convergence to IFRS," MPRA Paper 47514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2013. "Long-Run Price Elasticities of Demand for Credit: Evidence from a Countrywide Field Experiment in Mexico," NBER Working Papers 19106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Russell Thomson, 2013. "The Effectiveness of R&D Tax Credits: Cross-Industry Evidence," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n18, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Elasrag, Hussein, 2013.
"دور المشروعات الصغیرة والمتوسطة فى التنمیة الصناعیة لمصر
[The role of small and medium-sized enterprises in the industrial development of Egypt]," MPRA Paper 47557, University Library of Munich, Germany.