Monetary Policy and Debt Deflation: Some Computational Experiments
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chiarella, C. & Di Guilmi, C., 2017. "Monetary Policy And Debt Deflation: Some Computational Experiments," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 214-242, January.
- Carl Chiarella & Corrado Di Guilmi, 2013. "Monetary Policy and Debt Deflation: Some Computational Experiments," CAMA Working Papers 2013-42, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lance Taylor & Stephen A. O'Connell, 1985. "A Minsky Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(Supplemen), pages 871-885.
- Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Russo, Alberto & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2010. "The financial accelerator in an evolving credit network," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1627-1650, September.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "The Stock Market and Investment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 115-131.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Battiston, Stefano & Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2012.
"Liaisons dangereuses: Increasing connectivity, risk sharing, and systemic risk,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1121-1141.
- Stefano Battiston & Domenico Delli Gatti & Mauro Gallegati & Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2009. "Liaisons Dangereuses: Increasing Connectivity, Risk Sharing, and Systemic Risk," NBER Working Papers 15611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1995.
"The Macroeconomics of the Great Depression: A Comparative Approach,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1994. "The Macroeconomics of the Great Depression: A Comparative Approach," NBER Working Papers 4814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiarella Carl & Di Guilmi Corrado, 2012. "The Fiscal Cost of Financial Instability," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-29, October.
- Di Guilmi, C. & Gaffeo, E. & Gallegati, M. & Palestrini, A., 2005. "International Evidence on Business Cycle Magnitude Dependence: An Analyisis of 16 Industrialized Countries, 1881-2000," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(1), pages 5-16.
- Chiarella, Carl & Di Guilmi, Corrado, 2011.
"The financial instability hypothesis: A stochastic microfoundation framework,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1151-1171, August.
- Carl Chiarella & Corrado Di Guilmi, 2010. "The Financial Instability Hypothesis: A Stochastic Microfoundation Framework," Research Paper Series 273, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gaffeo, Edoardo & Gallegati, Mauro & Palestrini, Antonio, 2003. "On the size distribution of firms: additional evidence from the G7 countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 117-123.
- Stephen Rousseas, 1985. "A Markup Theory of Bank Loan Rates," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 135-144, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carl Chiarella & Corrado Di Guilmi, 2014. "Financial instability and debt deflation dynamics in a bottom-up approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 125-132.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial fragility; monetary policy; debt deflation; agent based modelling; complex dynamics;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-06-16 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2013-06-16 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-06-16 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-06-16 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:ecowps:10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edutsau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.