Monetary Policy and Debt Deflation: Some Computational Experiments
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chiarella, C. & Di Guilmi, C., 2017. "Monetary Policy And Debt Deflation: Some Computational Experiments," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 214-242, January.
- Carl Chiarella & Corrado Di Guilmi, 2013. "Monetary Policy and Debt Deflation: Some Computational Experiments," Working Paper Series 10, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lance Taylor & Stephen A. O'Connell, 1985. "A Minsky Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(Supplemen), pages 871-885.
- Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Russo, Alberto & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2010. "The financial accelerator in an evolving credit network," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1627-1650, September.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "The Stock Market and Investment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 115-131.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Battiston, Stefano & Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2012.
"Liaisons dangereuses: Increasing connectivity, risk sharing, and systemic risk,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1121-1141.
- Stefano Battiston & Domenico Delli Gatti & Mauro Gallegati & Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2009. "Liaisons Dangereuses: Increasing Connectivity, Risk Sharing, and Systemic Risk," NBER Working Papers 15611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1995.
"The Macroeconomics of the Great Depression: A Comparative Approach,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1994. "The Macroeconomics of the Great Depression: A Comparative Approach," NBER Working Papers 4814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiarella Carl & Di Guilmi Corrado, 2012. "The Fiscal Cost of Financial Instability," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-29, October.
- Di Guilmi, C. & Gaffeo, E. & Gallegati, M. & Palestrini, A., 2005. "International Evidence on Business Cycle Magnitude Dependence: An Analyisis of 16 Industrialized Countries, 1881-2000," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(1), pages 5-16.
- Chiarella, Carl & Di Guilmi, Corrado, 2011.
"The financial instability hypothesis: A stochastic microfoundation framework,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1151-1171, August.
- Carl Chiarella & Corrado Di Guilmi, 2010. "The Financial Instability Hypothesis: A Stochastic Microfoundation Framework," Research Paper Series 273, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gaffeo, Edoardo & Gallegati, Mauro & Palestrini, Antonio, 2003. "On the size distribution of firms: additional evidence from the G7 countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 117-123.
- Stephen Rousseas, 1985. "A Markup Theory of Bank Loan Rates," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 135-144, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carl Chiarella & Corrado Di Guilmi, 2014. "Financial instability and debt deflation dynamics in a bottom-up approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 125-132.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial fragility; monetary policy; debt deflation; agent based modelling; complex dynamics.;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-07-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2013-07-15 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-07-15 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-07-15 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:camaaa:2013-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cama Admin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .