This page indexes registered economists that are also on Twitter and is updated daily. Economists are also listed by field or country. Each listing has a link to a co-called Twitter list, which allows to follow them all.
How to get listed
- Be registered with the RePEc Author Service.
- Have been registered for a least a day.
- Have a main field in Informal & Underground Economics
How to be listed
- Send a tweet to @repec_signup with your RePEc Short-ID. This identifier is of the form pxxnnnn, where xx are two letters and nnnn are up to four numbers. The RePEc Short-ID is found when you log into your account at the RePEc Author Service or on your profile page at EconPapers and IDEAS.
A sample tweet would be: @repec_signup pxx123
- Receive a confirmation email (sent to the address used for the last monthly message from RePEc) within ten minutes.
- Click on the link provided in the email.
You are then listed here after the daily refresh. Your Twitter account will then also be listed on your IDEAS profile. Alternatively to the procedure above, look up your monthly RePEc email, click on the ranking analysis link, and there find a link to Twitter that auto-fills the tweet for you.
How the procedure could fail
(You have not received an email within 10 minutes).
- Your tweets are protected. "Unprotect" before sending the tweet, and protect again after you have received the email.
- You did not send the tweet to @repec_signup.
- You have a typo in your RePEc Short-ID.
- You have registered with RePEc within this month. Try again next month.
Further listings and links
- There are currently 2,228 authors with Twitter accounts.
- See full list (Women only).
- Listings by country: Algeria, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroun, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Northern Cyprus, North Macedonia, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Réunion, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela,
- Listings by institution type: Central Banks, International Organizations, Think Tanks, US Liberal Arts Colleges,
- Listings by field: Accounting & Auditing, Africa, Economics of Ageing, Agricultural Economics, MENA - Middle East & North Africa, Banking, Business Economics, Big Data, Central Banking, Cognitive & Behavioural Economics, Collective Decision-Making, Corporate Finance, Confederation of Independent States, Computational Economics, China, Industrial Competition, Economics of Strategic Management, Contract Theory & Applications, Cultural Economics, Central & Western Asia, Discrete Choice Models, Demographic Economics, Economic Design, Development, Dynamic General Equilibrium, Econometrics, Education, European Economics, Efficiency & Productivity, Energy Economics, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Economics, Econometric Time Series, Microeconomic European Issues, Evolutionary Economics, Experimental Economics, Financial Development & Growth, Financial Literacy & Education, Financial Markets, Forecasting, Gender, Economic Geography, German Papers, Economic Growth, Game Theory, Economics of Happiness, Health Economics, Business, Economic & Financial History, Heterodox Microeconomics, History & Philosophy of Economics, Human Capital & Human Resource Management, Information & Communication Technologies, International Finance, Industrial Organization, Innovation, International Trade, Intellectual Property Rights, Islamic Finance, Informal & Underground Economics, Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy, Labour Economics, Central & South America, Law & Economics, Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages, Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty, Microfinance, Microeconomics, Economics of Human Migration, Marketing, Monetary Economics, Market Microstructure, Network Economics, Neuroeconomics, Open Economy Macroeconomics, Operations Research, Payment Systems & Financial Technology, Public Economics, Post Keynesian Economics, Positive Political Economics, Project, Program & Portfolio Management, Public Finance, Regulation, Resource Economics, Risk Management, Small Business Management, South East Asia, Social Norms & Social Capital, Sociology of Economics, Sports & Economics, Technology & Industrial Dynamics, Transition Economics, Transport Economics, Tourism Economics, Utility Models & Prospect Theory, Urban & Real Estate Economics,
- Network representation.
- Find your most similar RePEc-registered economist on Twitter.
- Ranking of the top economists by the number of their followers.
- All authors.
- Other rankings.
- Note that RePEc also provides Twitter notifications of new working papers through NEP (see all such Twitter accounts).
- For questions, contact Christian Zimmermann.