The Real Exchange Rate, the Current Account, and the Speed of Adjustment
In: Exchange Rate Theory and Practice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Francesco Giavazzi & Wyplosz, "undated". "The Real Exchange Rate, the Current Account and the Speed of Adjustment," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 13-82, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilson, Charles A, 1979. "Anticipated Shocks and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(3), pages 639-647, June.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1979. "Backward and Forward Solutions for Economies with Rational Expectations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 114-118, May.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Odekon, Mehmet & Wyplosz, Charles, 1982. "Simulating an oil shock with sticky prices," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 11-33.
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Stokey, Nancy L., 1984. "Optimal growth with many consumers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 139-171, February.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-1311, July.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1980. "Exchange Rates and the Current Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 960-971, December.
- Svensson, Lars E O & Razin, Assaf, 1983. "The Terms of Trade and the Current Account: The Harberger-Laursen-Metzler Effect," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 97-125, February.
- Lipton, David & Sachs, Jeffrey, 1983. "Accumulation and growth in a two-country model : A simulation approach," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 135-159, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cardi, Olivier, 2007.
"Another View Of The J-Curve,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 153-174, April.
- Olivier, CARDI, 2005. "Another View of the J-Curve," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005029, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Nooman Rebei & Steven Ambler & Ali Dib, 2004.
"Optimal Taylor Rules in an Estimated Model of a Small Open Economy,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
627, Econometric Society.
- Steve Ambler & Ali Dib & Nooman Rebei, 2004. "Optimal Taylor Rules in an Estimated Model of a Small Open Economy," Staff Working Papers 04-36, Bank of Canada.
- Nooman Rebei & Steve Ambler & Ali Dib, 2004. "Optimal Taylor Rules in an Estimated Model of a Small Open Economy," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 125, Society for Computational Economics.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Serven, Luis, 1994. "Fiscal policy in classical and Keynesian open economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1299, The World Bank.
- Alejandro Cunat & Marco Maffezzoli, 2004.
"Hecksher-Ohlin Business Cycles,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(3), pages 555-585, July.
- Alejandro Cuñat & Marco Maffezzoli, "undated". "Heckscher-Ohlin Business Cycles," Working Papers 210, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Cuñat, Alejandro & Maffezzoli, Marco, 2002. "Heckscher-Ohlin Business Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 3382, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sen, Partha & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1990.
"Investment tax credit in an open economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 277-299, August.
- Sen, P. & Turnovsky, S.J., 1990. "Investment Tax Credit In An Open Economy," Working Papers 90-09, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Sen, P. & Turnovsky, S.J., 1990. "Investment Tax Credit In An Open Economy," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 90-09, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Partha Sen & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1990. "Investment Tax Credit in an Open Economy," NBER Working Papers 3298, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip L. Brock, 2009. "Collateral Constraints and Macroeconomic Adjustment in an Open Economy," Working Papers UWEC-2009-03, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Steve Ambler & Ali Dib & Nooman Rebei, 2003. "Nominal Rigidities and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in a Structural Model of a Small Open Economy," Staff Working Papers 03-29, Bank of Canada.
- Alberto Petrucci, 2004. "Asset Accumulation, Fertility Choice and Nondegenerate Dynamics in a Small Open Economy," Working Papers 2004.121, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Thomas M. Steger, 2003. "Economic Growth and Sectoral Change under Resource Reallocation Costs," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 03/30, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Jouini, Nizar & Rebei, Nooman, 2014. "The welfare implications of services liberalization in a developing country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 1-14.
- Dai, Meixing, 1992. "Technological dependence and budgetary policy in an uncertain horizon model of small open economy," MPRA Paper 14003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olivier Cardi, 2007.
"The Zero-root Property: Permanent vs Temporary Terms-of-trade Shocks,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 782-802, September.
- Olivier, CARDI, 2005. "The Zero-Root Property : Permanent vs Temporary Terms of Trade Shocks," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005030, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Eva Ortega & Nooman Rebei, 2006. "The Welfare Implications of Inflation versus Price-Level Targeting in a Two-Sector, Small Open Economy," Staff Working Papers 06-12, Bank of Canada.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Serven, Luis, 1992. "Dynamic response to foreign transfers and terms-of-trade shocks in open economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1061, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:6841. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .