Investment Tax Credit In An Open Economy
This paper contrasts the effects of a permanent and temporary investment tax credit in an open economy. In both cases an ITC will initially stimulate investment, while reducing employment and output, and generating a current account deficit. If the ITC is permanent, the accumulation of capital leads to a higher equilibrium capital stock, higher employment and output, and a reduction in the economy's stock of net credit. If the ITC is temporary, after its removal, the economy eventually moves to a new steady-state equilibrium having a lower permanent capital stock and employment, together with a higher stock of net credit.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1990|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.econ.washington.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Willem H. Buiter, 1984.
"Policy evaluation and design for continuous time linear rational expectations models: some recent development,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0034, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1984. "Policy Evaluation and Design for Continuous Time Linear Rational Expectations Models: Some Recent Developments," CEPR Discussion Papers 15, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Partha Sen & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1988.
"Deterioration of the Terms of Trade and Capital Accumulation: A Reexamination of the Laursen-Metzler Effect,"
NBER Working Papers
2616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sen, Partha & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1989. "Deterioration of the terms of trade and capital accumulation: A re-examination of the Laursen-Metzler effect," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 227-250, May.
- Turnovsky, S. & Sen, P., 1988. "Deterioration Of The Term Of Trade And Capital Eccumulation A Reexamination Of The Laursen-Metzler Effect," Working Papers 88-08, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Turnovsky, S. & Sen, P., 1988. "Deterioration Of The Term Of Trade And Capital Eccumulation A Reexamination Of The Laursen-Metzler Effect," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 88-08, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1989.
"Fiscal deficits and relative prices in a growing world economy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 461-484, May.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1988. "Fiscal Deficits and Relative Prices in a Growing World Economy," NBER Working Papers 2725, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan C. Stockman, 1983.
NBER Working Papers
1230, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abel, Andrew B & Blanchard, Olivier J, 1983.
"An Intertemporal Model of Saving and Investment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 675-92, May.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Wyplosz, .
"The Real Exchange Rate, the Current Account and the Speed of Adjustment,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
13-82, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Charles Wyplosz, 1984. "The Real Exchange Rate, the Current Account, and the Speed of Adjustment," NBER Chapters, in: Exchange Rate Theory and Practice, pages 335-356 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1984.
"Fiscal Policy in Open, Interdependent Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
28, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matsuyama, Kiminori, 1987. "Current account dynamics in a finite horizon model," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 299-313, November.
- Abel, Andrew B., 1982. "Dynamic effects of permanent and temporary tax policies in a q model of investment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 353-373.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:washer:90-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.