Fear of floating or fear of inflation? The role of the exchange rate pass-through
In: Monetary policy in a changing environment
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Bank for International Settlements in its series BIS Papers chapters with number
19-14.||Handle:|| RePEc:bis:bisbpc:19-14||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (41) 61 - 280 80 80
Fax: (41) 61 - 280 91 00
Web page: http://www.bis.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Panizza, Ugo & Stein, Ernesto, 2001.
"Why do countries float the way they float?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 387-414, December.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Ugo Panizza & Ernesto H. Stein, 2000. "Why Do Countries Float the Way They Float?," Research Department Publications 4205, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Ugo Panizza & Ernesto H. Stein, 2000. "Why Do Countries Float the Way They Float?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6467, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Choudhri, Ehsan U. & Hakura, Dalia S., 2006.
"Exchange rate pass-through to domestic prices: Does the inflationary environment matter?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 614-639, June.
- Dalia Hakura & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 2001. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Domestic Prices: Does the Inflationary Environment Matter?," IMF Working Papers 01/194, International Monetary Fund.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann, 1999.
"Exchange Rates and Financial Fragility,"
NBER Working Papers
7418, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann, 1999. "Exchange rates and financial fragility," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 329-368.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:117:y:2002:i:2:p:379-408 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Jonathan David Ostry & Anne Marie Gulde & Atish R. Ghosh & Holger C. Wolf, 1995.
"Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?,"
IMF Working Papers
95/121, International Monetary Fund.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Jonathan D. Ostry & Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?," NBER Working Papers 5874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Jonathan D. Ostry & Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Does The Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?," Working Papers 97-09, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel, 2001. "Endogenous Currency of Price Setting in a Dynamic Open Economy Model," NBER Working Papers 8559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campa, José Manuel & Goldberg, Linda S., 2004.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through into Import Prices,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4391, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Sergio R.C. Werlang, 2000.
"The pass-through from depreciation to inflation : a panel study,"
Textos para discussão
423, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ilan Goldfajn & Sérgio Ribeiro da Costa Werlang, 2000. "The Pass-through from Depreciation to Inflation: A Panel Study," Working Papers Series 5, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin & Carmen Pagés-Serra & Ernesto H. Stein, 1999. "Financial Turmoil and Choice of Exchange Rate Regime," Research Department Publications 4170, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Andrés Velasco, 2004.
"Balance Sheets and Exchange Rate Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1183-1193, September.
- Taylor, John B., 2000. "Low inflation, pass-through, and the pricing power of firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1389-1408, June.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002. "Fear of Floating," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Stanley Fischer, 2001. "Exchange Rate Regimes: Is the Bipolar View Correct?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 3-24, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisbpc:19-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.