Emerging Issues in Financial Development : Lessons from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman, 1959.
"The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results, pages 1-29
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milton Friedman, 1959. "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie59-1, July-Dec.
- Milton Friedman, 1959. "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 327-327.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1999. "Is Bank Supervision Central to Central Banking?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 629-653.
- Beverly Hirtle & Til Schuermann & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2009. "Macroprudential supervision of financial institutions: lessons from the SCAP," Staff Reports 409, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Larry D. Wall, 2000. "Subordinated debt and bank capital reform," Working Paper Series WP-00-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Alicia Novoa & Steven A. Seelig, 2009. "Governance Practices At Financial Regulatory and Supervisory Agencies," IMF Working Papers 09/135, International Monetary Fund.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1986.
"The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 716-727, September.
- Raaj Kumar Sah & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1984. "The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies," NBER Working Papers 1334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Sosa, 2010. "The Influence of “Big Brothers; ” How Important are Regional Factors for Uruguay?," IMF Working Papers 10/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Stallings, Barbara & Studart, Rogério, 2003. "Financial regulation and supervision in emerging markets: the experience of Latin America since the Tequila crisis," Copublicaciones, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1799.
- Alejandro Jara & Ramon Moreno & Camilo E Tovar, 2009. "The global crisis and Latin America: financial impact and policy responses," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Patrick A. Imam & Erlend Nier & Luis Ignacio Jácome, 2012. "Building Blocks for Effective Macroprudential Policies in Latin America; Institutional Considerations," IMF Working Papers 12/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Marc G Quintyn & Rosaria Vega Pansini & Donato Masciandaro, 2011. "The Economic Crisis; Did Financial Supervision Matter?," IMF Working Papers 11/261, International Monetary Fund.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Larry D. Wall, 2000. "Subordinated debt as bank capital: a proposal for regulatory reform," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 40-53.
- Stallings, Barbara & Studart, Rogério, 2003. "Financial regulation and supervision in emerging markets: the experience of Latin America since the Tequila crisis," Series Históricas 8, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Peik Granlund, 2009. "Supervisory approaches and financial market development: Some correlation-based evidence," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 11(1), pages 6-30, December.
- Stallings, Barbara & Studart, Rogerio, 2002. "Financial Regulation and Supervision in Emerging Markets. The Experience of Latin America since the Tequila Crisis," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Dale F Gray & James P Walsh, 2008. "Factor Model for Stress-testing with a Contingent Claims Model of the Chilean Banking System," IMF Working Papers 08/89, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tatiana Didier & Sergio L Schmukler, 2014. "Debt Markets in Emerging Economies: Major Trends," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(2), pages 200-228, June.
- Noelia Cámara & David Tuesta, 2018.
"Measuring financial inclusion: a multidimensional index,"
IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The role of data in supporting financial inclusion policy, volume 47
Bank for International Settlements.
- Noelia Camara & David Tuesta, 2014. "Measuring Financial Inclusion: A Multidimensional Index," Working Papers 1426, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Catalina Granda & Franz Hamann & Cesar E. Tamayo, 2017.
"Credit and Saving Constraints in General Equilibrium: Evidence from Survey Data,"
Borradores de Economia
1002, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Catalina Granda & Franz Hamann & Cesar Tamayo, 2017. "Credit and Saving Constraints in General Equilibrium: Evidence from Survey Data," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8283, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Era Dabla-Norris & Yixi Deng & Anna Ivanova & Izabela Karpowicz & Filiz D Unsal & Eva VanLeemput & Joyce Wong, 2015. "Financial Inclusion; Zooming in on Latin America," IMF Working Papers 15/206, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsFinance and Financial Sector Development Finance and Financial Sector Development - Finance and Development Finance and Financial Sector Development - Financial Regulation & Supervision Finance and Financial Sector Development - Financial Structures Private Sector Development Private Sector Development - Emerging Markets Public Sector Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:16387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.