Evaluating Social Funds : A Cross-Country Analysis of Community Investments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reddy, S., 1998. "Social Funds in Developing Countries : Recent Experiences and Lessons," Papers 98-002, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Christina Paxson & Norbert R. Schady, 2002. "The Allocation and Impact of Social Funds: Spending on School Infrastructure in Peru," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(2), pages 297-319, August.
- Gopal, G. & Marc, A., 1994. "World-Bank Financed Projects with Community Participation. Procurement and Disbursement Issues," World Bank - Discussion Papers 265, World Bank.
- Lavy, Victor & Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan & de Vreyer, Philippe, 1996.
"Quality of health care, survival and health outcomes in Ghana,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 333-357, June.
- Lavy, V & Strauss, J & Thomas, D & de Vreyer, P, 1996. "Quality of Health Care, Survivial and Health Outcomes in Ghana," Papers 96-20, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Margaret Grosh & Paul Glewwe, 2000. "Designing Household Survey Questionnaires for Developing Countries : Lessons from 15 Years of the Living Standards Measurement Study, Volume 3," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15195, July.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
- Germano Mwabu & Martha Ainsworth & Andrew Nyamete, 1993. "Quality of Medical Care and Choice of Medical Treatment in Kenya: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 838-862.
- Schuknecht, Ludger, 1996. "Political Business Cycles and Fiscal Policies in Developing Countries," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 155-170.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2000.
"Monitoring Targeting Performance When Decentralized Allocations to the Poor Are Unobserved,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 331-345, May.
- Ravallion, 1999. "Monitoring targeting performance when decentralized allocation to the poor are unobserved," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2080, The World Bank.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Paqueo, Vicente, 1996. "Do local contributions affect the efficiency of public primary schools?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 377-386, October.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Barrientos, Jorge C., 1999. "Coordinating poverty alleviation programs with regional and local governments : the experience of the Chilean Social Fund - FOSIS," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21335, The World Bank.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Glewwe, Paul, et al, 1995. "An Eclectic Approach to Estimating the Determinants of Achievement in Jamaican Primary Education," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 231-258, May.
- Salmen, Lawrence F., 1999. "Beneficiary assessment manual for social funds," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21336, The World Bank.
- Cornia, G.A., 1999. "Social Funds in Stabilization and Adjustment Programmes," Research Paper 48, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Tugrul Gurgur & Anwar Shah, 2014.
"Localization and corruption: panacea or pandora's box?,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(1), pages 109-136, May.
- Gurgur, Tugrul & Shah, Anwar, 2005. "Localization and corruption : panacea or pandora's box?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3486, The World Bank.
- Tugrul Gurgur & Anwar Shah, 2008. "Localization and corruption: panacea or pandora's box?," CEMA Working Papers 581, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Judy L. Baker, 2000. "Evaluating the Impact of Development Projects on Poverty : A Handbook for Practitioners," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13949, June.
- Newman, John & Jorgensen, Steen & Pradhan, Menno, 1991. "How Did Workers Benefit from Bolivia's Emergency Social Fund?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(2), pages 367-393, May.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 1999. "Do Community-Managed Schools Work? An Evaluation of El Salvador's EDUCO Program," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(3), pages 415-441, September.
- Pradhan, Menno & Rawlings, Laura & Ridder, Geert, 1998. "The Bolivian Social Investment Fund: An Analysis of Baseline Data for Impact Evaluation," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(3), pages 457-482, September.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Brown, L. David & Korten, David C., 1989. "Understanding voluntary organizations : guidelines for donors," Policy Research Working Paper Series 258, The World Bank.
- Grossman, Jean Baldwin, 1994. "Evaluating Social Policies: Principles and U.S. Experience," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 159-180, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arlette Campbell White & Thomas W. Merrick & Abdo S. Yazbeck, 2006. "Reproductive Health—The Missing Millennium Development Goal : Poverty, Health, and Development in a Changing World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7116, July.
- Reynolds, Joanna & Egan, Matt & Renedo, Alicia & Petticrew, Mark, 2015. "Conceptualising the ‘community’ as a recipient of money – A critical literature review, and implications for health and inequalities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 88-97.
- Heinrich, Carolyn J. & Lopez, Yeri, 2009.
"Does Community Participation Produce Dividends in Social Investment Fund Projects?,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1554-1568, September.
- Carolyn Heinrich & Yeri López, 2007. "Does Community Participation Produce Dividends in Social Investment Fund Projects?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3007, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Yeri Lopez, 2007. "Does Community Participation Produce Dividens in Social Investment Fund Projects?," OVE Working Papers 0107, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- World Bank, 2007. "From Social Funds to Local Governance and Social Inclusion Programs," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7775, The World Bank.
- Marcos Robles & Viviane Azevedo, 2008. "Inequality and geographical targeting of social spending: The case of Ecuador," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1630, Inter-American Development Bank.
- World Bank, 2012.
"Resilience, Equity, and Opportunity
[Capacidad de recuperación, equidad y oportunidades]," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12648, The World Bank.
- Anju Vajja & Howard White, 2008. "Can the World Bank Build Social Capital? The Experience of Social Funds in Malawi and Zambia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(8), pages 1145-1168.
- Léandre BASSOLE & Jean-Louis ARCAND, 2006.
"Does Community Driven Development Work? Evidence from Senegal,"
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Léandre Bassole, 2011. "Does Community Driven Development Work? Evidence from Senegal," Working Papers halshs-00564574, HAL.
- Ministry of Planning of the Arab Repubic of Egypt & World Bank, 2004. "A Poverty Reduction Strategy for Egypt," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15713, The World Bank.
- Hala Abou-Ali & Hesham El-Azony & Heba El-Laithy & Jonathan Haughton & Shahid Khandker, 2010.
"Evaluating the impact of Egyptian Social Fund for Development programmes,"
Journal of Development Effectiveness,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 521-555.
- Abou-Ali, Hala & El-Azony, Hesham & El-Laithy, Heba & Haughton, Jonathan & Khandker, Shahidur R., 2009. "Evaluating the impact of Egyptian social fund for development programs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4993, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2006. "India - District Poverty Initiatives Project : Joint Interim Assessment - Understanding Differences in Project Design," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19468, The World Bank.
- Subhrendu K Pattanayak, 2009. "Rough Guide to Impact Evaluation of Environmental and Development Programs," Working Papers id:2187, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring and Evaluation Water Supply and Sanitation - Town Water Supply and Sanitation Environmental Economics and Policies Poverty Monitoring and Analysis Poverty Reduction - Poverty Assessment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:15057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.