The labour market for nursing: a review of the labour supply literature
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Gray, Alastair M. & Phillips, V. L. & Normand, Charles, 1996. "The costs of nursing turnover: evidence from the British National Health Service," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 117-128, November.
- Blundell, Richard & Macurdy, Thomas, 1999. "Labor supply: A review of alternative approaches," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1559-1695 Elsevier.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1996.
"Satisfaction and comparison income,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 359-381, September.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1993. "Satisfaction and Comparison Income," Economics Discussion Papers 10018, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1994. "Satisfaction and comparison income," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9408, CEPREMAP.
- Link, Charles R. & Settle, Russell F., 1985. "Labor supply responses of licensed practical nurses: A partial solution to a nurse shortage?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 49-57, February.
- Michael A. Shields & Melanie E. Ward, "undated".
"Improving Nurse Retention in the British National Health Service: The Impact of Job Satisfaction on Intentions to Quit,"
Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics
00/3, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Shields, Michael A. & Ward-Warmedinger, Melanie E., 2000. "Improving Nurse Retention in the British National Health Service: The Impact of Job Satisfaction on Intentions to Quit," IZA Discussion Papers 118, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. F. Bognanno & J. S. Hixson & J. R. Jeffers, 1974. "The Short-Run Supply of Nurse's Time," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 9(1), pages 80-94.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1978. "Job Satisfaction as an Economic Variable," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 135-141, May.
- Alastair Gray & Charles Normand & Elizabeth Currie, 1988. "Staff turnover in the NHS: a preliminary economic analysis," Working Papers 046chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Gray, Alastair M. & Phillips, V. L., 1996. "Labour turnover in the British National Health Service: a local labour market analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 273-289, June.
- Blank, Rebecca M, 1988.
"Simultaneously Modeling the Supply of Weeks and Hours of Work among Female Household Heads,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(2), pages 177-204, April.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1985. "Simultaneously Modelling the Supply of Weeks and Hours of Work Among Female Household Heads," Working Papers 577, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:12:y:2003:i:6:p:465-478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .