Effects of the New Capital Requirements of Basel III on the Financing of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Austria
Due to their very limited access to the capital market bank financing is of outstanding importance for small and medium-sized companies. Often, however, the latter can only barely provide the collateral corresponding to the enhanced capital requirements for financial institutions (Basel III). As a rule their capital base is significantly weaker than that of larger companies. Therefore, small companies are likely to be particularly affected by the anticipated tightening of credit owing to Basel III.
Volume (Year): 17 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arsenal Object 20, A-1030 Wien|
Phone: (+43 1) 798 26 01-0
Fax: (+43 1) 798 93 86
Web page: http://www.wifo.ac.at/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Franz R. Hahn, 2003.
"The New Basel Capital Accord (Basel II) from a Macroeconomic Point of View,"
WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports),
WIFO, vol. 76(2), pages 137-150, February.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2003. "The New Basel Capital Accord (Basel II) from a Macroeconomic Point of View," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 8(2), pages 51-63, June.
- Yuzo Honda, 2002. "The effects of the Basle accord on bank credit: the case of Japan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(10), pages 1233-1239.
- Yongjin, Park, 2008. "Parsimonious Lenders: Bank Concentration and Credit Availability to Small Businesses," MPRA Paper 9266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrick Slovik & Boris Cournède, 2011. "Macroeconomic Impact of Basel III," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 844, OECD Publishing.
- Egger, Peter & Hahn, Franz R., 2010. "Endogenous bank mergers and their impact on banking performance: Some evidence from Austria," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 155-166, March.
- Werner Hölzl & Serguei Kaniovski & Andreas Reinstaller, 2015. "The exposure of technology and knowledge intense sectors to the business cycle," Bulletin of Applied Economics, Risk Market Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-19.
- Franz Hahn, 2007. "Domestic mergers in the Austrian banking sector: a performance analysis," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 185-196.
- Marsch, Katharina & Schmieder, Christian & Forster-van Aerssen, Katrin, 2007. "Banking consolidation and small businessfinance: empirical evidence for Germany," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2007,09, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2010. "Risk-Taking and Solvency Regulation in Banking – A Note –," Credit and Capital Markets, Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 43(3), pages 339-347.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2002. "The Effects of Bank Capital on Bank Credit Creation. Panel Evidence from Austria," WIFO Working Papers 188, WIFO.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wquart:y:2012:i:3:p:168-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.