The New Basel Capital Accord (Basel II) from a Macroeconomic Point of View
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Franz R. Hahn, 2003. "The New Basel Capital Accord (Basel II) from a Macroeconomic Point of View," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 76(2), pages 137-150, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Schüler, Martin, 2002. "A Stigler View on Banking Supervision," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-66, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hancock, Diana & Wilcox, James A., 1998.
"The "credit crunch" and the availability of credit to small business,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 983-1014, August.
- Diana Hancock and James A. Wilcox., 1998. "The "Credit Crunch" and the Availability of Credit to Small Business," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-282, University of California at Berkeley.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2002. "The Effects of Bank Capital on Bank Credit Creation. Panel Evidence from Austria," WIFO Working Papers 188, WIFO.
- John, Kose & Saunders, Anthony & Senbet, Lemma W, 2000.
"A Theory of Bank Regulation and Management Compensation,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 95-125.
- Kose John & Anthony Saunders & Lemma W. Senbet, 1996. "A Theory of Bank Regulation and Management Compensation," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 96-30, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Kose John & Anthony Saunders & Lemma W. Senbet, 1998. "A Theory of Bank Regulation and Management Compensation," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-043, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Maximilian J.B. Hall, 2001.
"The basle Committee's proposals for a new capital adequacy assessment framework: a critique,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 54(217), pages 111-179.
- Maximilian J.B. Hall, 2001. "The basle Committee's proposals for a new capital adequacy assessment framework: a critique," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 54(217), pages 111-179.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric, 1995.
"The Capital Crunch: Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 625-638, August.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1991. "The capital crunch: neither a borrower nor a lender be," Working Papers 91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Joe Peek & Eric Rosengren, 1993. "The Capital Crunch: Neither A Borrower Nor A Lender Be," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 243, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 2000. "Inefficient Markets: An Introduction to Behavioral Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292272, June.
- João A. C. Santos, 2000. "Bank capital regulation in contemporary banking theory: a review of the literature," BIS Working Papers 90, Bank for International Settlements.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2001.
"Prudential Supervision: Why Is It Important and What Are the Issues?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 1-30
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000. "Prudential Supervision: Why Is It Important and What are the Issues?," NBER Working Papers 7926, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Misa Tanaka, 2002. "How Do Bank Capital and Capital Adequacy Regulation Affect the Monetary Transmission Mechanism?," CESifo Working Paper Series 799, CESifo Group Munich.
- Philip Lowe, 2002. "Credit risk measurement and procyclicality," BIS Working Papers 116, Bank for International Settlements.
- Yuzo Honda, 2002. "The effects of the Basle accord on bank credit: the case of Japan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(10), pages 1233-1239.
- Franz R. Hahn, "undated". "Risk-taking and Solvency Regulation in Banking – A Comment," WIFO Working Papers 157, WIFO.
- Con Keating & Hyun Song Shin & Charles Goodhart & Jon Danielsson, 2001. "An Academic Response to Basel II," FMG Special Papers sp130, Financial Markets Group.
- Franz R. Hahn, "undated". "Macroprudential Financial Regulation and Monetary Policy," WIFO Working Papers 154, WIFO.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Böheim, 2011. "Competition policy: ten lessons learnt from the financial crisis," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 315-330, July.
- Franz R. Hahn & Werner Hölzl, 2012. "Effects of the New Capital Requirements of Basel III on the Financing of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Austria," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 17(3), pages 168-186, August.
- Thomas Url, 2010. "Financial Market Crisis: Origin, Short-Term Reaction and Long-Term Adjustment Requirements," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 15(1), pages 54-77, April.
More about this item
KeywordsBasel Capital Accord; Supervision; Capital requirement; Austria;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wquart:y:2003:i:2:p:51-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wifooat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.