Banks, Stock Market Development and Economic Growth in Kenya: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2015. "Banks, stock market development and economic growth in Kenya: an empirical investigation," Working Papers 19635, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahmed, S. M. & Ansari, M. I., 1998. "Financial sector development and economic growth: The South-Asian experience," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 503-517.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Teame Ghirmay, 2004. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Sub‐Saharan African Countries: Evidence from Time Series Analysis," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 16(3), pages 415-432.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian, 2005.
"Does financial liberalization spur growth?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 3-55, July.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2001. "Does Financial Liberalization Spur Growth?," NBER Working Papers 8245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2004. "Does Financial Liberalization Spur Growth?," Working Paper Research 53, National Bank of Belgium.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996. "Stock Market Development and Long-Run Growth," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 323-339, May.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Sanchez, Benito & Yu, Jung-Suk, 2011.
"Financial development and economic growth: New evidence from panel data,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 88-104, February.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Jung Suk-Yu, 2007. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: New Evidence from Panel Data," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-10, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2008. "Financial depth, savings and economic growth in Kenya: A dynamic causal linkage," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 704-713, July.
- Abu Nurudeen, 2009. "Does Stock Market Development Raise Economic Growth? Evidence from Nigeria," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 1(1), pages 015-026, December.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2004. "Financial development and economic growth: evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 55-74, February.
- Enisan, Akinlo A. & Olufisayo, Akinlo O., 2009. "Stock market development and economic growth: Evidence from seven sub-Sahara African countries," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 162-171.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Finn Tarp, 2003. "Financial liberalization, financial development and economic growth in LDCs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 189-209.
- Odedokun, M. O., 1996. "Alternative econometric approaches for analysing the role of the financial sector in economic growth: Time-series evidence from LDCs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 119-146, June.
- De Gregorio, Jose & Guidotti, Pablo E., 1995. "Financial development and economic growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 433-448, March.
- Caselli, Francesco & Esquivel, Gerardo & Lefort, Fernando, 1996.
"Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 363-389, September.
- Francesco Caselli & Gerardo Esquivel & Fernando Lefort, 1997. "Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 03, Central Bank of Chile.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Financial repression and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 5-30, July.
- Rati Ram, 1999. "Financial development and economic growth: Additional evidence," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 164-174.
- Charles Adjasi & Nicholas Biekpe, 2006. "Stock Market Development and Economic Growth: The Case of Selected African Countries," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 18(1), pages 144-161.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simplice Asongu & Jules R. Minkoua N, 2017. "Dynamic Openness and Finance in Africa," Working Papers 17/040, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Andrew Phiri, 2017.
"The Unemployment-Stock Market Relationship in South Africa: Evidence from Symmetric and Asymmetric Cointegration Models,"
Managing Global Transitions,
University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 15(3 (Fall)), pages 231-254.
- Tapa, Nosipho & Tom, Zandile & Lekoma, Molebogeng & Ebersohn, J. & Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "The unemployment-stock market relationship in South Africa: Evidence from symmetric and asymmetric cointegration models," MPRA Paper 74101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Phiri, 2018.
"Has the South African Reserve Bank responded to equity returns since the sub-prime crisis? An asymmetric convergence approach,"
International Journal of Sustainable Economy,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(3), pages 205-225.
- Andrew Phiri, 2017. "Has the South African Reserve Bank responded to equity returns since the sub-prime crisis? An asymmetric convergence appraoch," Working Papers 1709, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University, revised Aug 2017.
- repec:rej:journl:v:19:y:2016:i:61:p:211-226 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:wjabxx:v:18:y:2017:i:1:p:1-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/wjab20 .