Financial depth, savings and economic growth in Kenya: A dynamic causal linkage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Ahmed, S. M. & Ansari, M. I., 1998. "Financial sector development and economic growth: The South-Asian experience," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 503-517.
- Calderon, Cesar & Liu, Lin, 2003.
"The direction of causality between financial development and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 321-334, October.
- César Calderón & Lin Liu, 2002. "The Direction of Causality Between Financial Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 184, Central Bank of Chile.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001.
"LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997. "Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2005. "Money and capital investment in South Africa: A dynamic specification model," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 247-258.
- Ghali, Khalifa H, 1999. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Tunisian Experience," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 310-322, October.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999.
"Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
"Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 426-434, April.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical Cross-Section Dynamics in Economic Growth," FMG Discussion Papers dp154, Financial Markets Group.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 75, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kelly, Roger & Mavrotas, George, 2003. "Savings and Financial Sector Development: Panel Cointegration Evidence from Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 012, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kivilcim Metin Ozcan & Asli Gunay & Seda Ertac, 2003.
"Determinants of private savings behaviour in Turkey,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(12), pages 1405-1416.
- Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan, 2002. "Determinants of Private Saving Behaviour in Turkey," Working Papers 0206, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Odedokun, M. O., 1996. "Alternative econometric approaches for analysing the role of the financial sector in economic growth: Time-series evidence from LDCs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 119-146, June.
- Alif Darrat, 1999. "Are Financial Deepening and Economic Growth Causally Related? Another Look at the Evidence," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 19-35.
- De Gregorio, Jose & Guidotti, Pablo E., 1995. "Financial development and economic growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 433-448, March.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caselli, Francesco & Esquivel, Gerardo & Lefort, Fernando, 1996.
"Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 363-389, September.
- Francesco Caselli & Gerardo Esquivel & Fernando Lefort, 1997. "Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 03, Central Bank of Chile.
- John Loizides & George Vamvoukas, 2005. "Government expenditure and economic growth: Evidence from trivariate causality testing," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 125-152, May.
- Khalifa Al-Yousif, Yousif, 2002. "Financial development and economic growth: Another look at the evidence from developing countries," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 131-150.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003.
"GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-27, July.
- PERRON, Pierre & RODRIGUEZ, Gabriel, 1998. "GLS Detrending, Efficient Unit Root Tests and Structural Change," Cahiers de recherche 9809, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "PERRONRODRIGUEZ: RATS procedure to perform Perron-Rodriguez unit root test allowing for break at unknown date," Statistical Software Components RTS00156, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Abu-Bader, Suleiman & Abu-Qarn, Aamer, 2005.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Time Series Evidence from Egypt,"
1113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer Abu-Qarn, 2005. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Time Series Evidence from Egypt," Working Papers 206, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Hussein, Khaled A., 1996. "Does financial development cause economic growth? Time-series evidence from 16 countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 387-411, December.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Khaled A.Hussein, 1995. "Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth? Time-Series Evidence from 16 Countries," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 95/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Jalilian, Hossein & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 2002. "Financial Development and Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 97-108, April.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Jung, Woo S, 1986. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: International Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(2), pages 333-346, January.
- Xu, Zhenhui, 2000. "Financial Development, Investment, and Economic Growth," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(2), pages 331-344, April.
- Bagehot, Walter, 1873. "Lombard Street: A Description of the Money Market," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number bagehot1873.
- Luintel, Kul B. & Khan, Mosahid, 1999. "A quantitative reassessment of the finance-growth nexus: evidence from a multivariate VAR," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 381-405, December.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:25:y:2008:i:4:p:704-713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.