Reverse Gender Gap in Schooling in Bangladesh: Insights from Urban and Rural Households
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khandker, Shahidur & Pitt, Mark & Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2003. "Subsidy to Promote Girls' Secondary Education: The Female Stipend Program in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 23688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lloyd, Cynthia B & Mete, Cem & Sathar, Zeba A, 2005. "The Effect of Gender Differences in Primary School Access, Type, and Quality on the Decision to Enroll in Rural Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 685-710, April.
- Duraisamy, P., 1992. "Gender, Intrafamily Allocation of Resources and Child Schooling in South India," Papers 667, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amrit Amirapu & M Niaz Asadullah & Zaki Wahhaj, 2018. "Marriage, Work and Migration: The Role of Infrastructure Development and Gender Norms," Studies in Economics 1810, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Kenayathulla, Husaina Banu, 2016. "Gender differences in intra-household educational expenditures in Malaysia," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 59-73.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:152:y:2018:i:c:p:147-176 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Niaz Asadullah & Uma Kambhampati & Florencia Lopez Boo, 2014.
"Social divisions in school participation and attainment in India: 1983–2004,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 38(4), pages 869-893.
- M. Niaz Asadullah & Uma Kambhampati & Florencia Lopez Boo, 2009. "Social Divisions in School Participation and Attainment in India: 1983-2004," Research Department Publications 4637, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Mohammed Niaz Asadullah & Uma Kambhampati & Florencia López Bóo, 2009. "Social Divisions in School Participation and Attainment in India: 1983-2004," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1657, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Asadullah, Niaz & Kambhampati, Uma & López Bóo, Florencia, 2012. "Social Divisions in School Participation and Attainment in India: 1983-2004," IZA Discussion Papers 6329, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Johnson, Nancy L. & Kovarik, Chiara & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Njuki, Jemimah & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2016.
"Gender, Assets, and Agricultural Development: Lessons from Eight Projects,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 295-311.
- Johnson, Nancy L. & Kovarik, Chiara & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Njuki, Jemimah & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2015. "Gender, assets, and agricultural development: Lessons from eight projects:," IFPRI discussion papers 1436, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Asadullah, M. Niaz & Savoia, Antonio & Mahmud, Wahiduddin, 2014.
"Paths to Development: Is there a Bangladesh Surprise?,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 138-154.
- M. Niaz Asadullah & Antonio Savoia & Wahiduddin Mahmud, 2013. "Paths to development: is there a Bangladesh surprise?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 18913, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Zaki Wahhaj, 2015. "A Theory of Child Marriage," Studies in Economics 1520, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2011. "What Changes Gini Coefficients of Education? On the dynamic interaction between education, its distribution and growth," MERIT Working Papers 053, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Julia Behrman, 2015. "Do Targeted Stipend Programs Reduce Gender and Socioeconomic Inequalities in Schooling Attainment? Insights From Rural Bangladesh," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(6), pages 1917-1927, December.
- repec:spr:jopoec:v:31:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s00148-017-0673-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Jieun & Rhee, Dong-eun & Rudolf, Robert, 2017. "Teacher Gender, Student Gender, and Primary School Achievement: Evidence from Ten Francophone African Countries," MPRA Paper 77329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kathryn Yount & Nafisa Halim & Sidney Schuler & Sara Head, 2013. "A Survey Experiment of Women’s Attitudes About Intimate Partner Violence Against Women in Rural Bangladesh," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(1), pages 333-357, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:45:y:2009:i:8:p:1360-1380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.