What drives venture capital syndication?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mike Wright, 1998. "Venture Capital and Private Equity: A Review and Synthesis," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5&6), pages 521-570.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1986.
"The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 716-727, September.
- Raaj Kumar Sah & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1984. "The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies," NBER Working Papers 1334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeng, Leslie A. & Wells, Philippe C., 2000. "The determinants of venture capital funding: evidence across countries," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 241-289, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Sophie Manigart & Miguel Meuleman, 2002.
"Why do European Venture Capital Companies syndicate?,"
- Sophie Manigart & Andy Lockett & Miguel Meuleman & Mike Wright & Hans Landstrm & Hans Bruining & Philippe Desbrieres & Ulrich Hommel, 2002. "Why do European Venture Capital Companies syndicate?," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2002-20, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike, 2001. "The syndication of venture capital investments," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 375-390, October.
- Manigart, S. & Bruining, J. & Lockett, A. & Meuleman, M., 2002. "Why Do European Venture Capital Companies Syndicate?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-98-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Tykvová, Tereza, 2004. "Who Are the True Venture Capitalists in Germany?," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-16, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Joshua Lerner, 1994. "The Syndication of Venture Capital Investments," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
- Achleitner, Ann-Kristin & Klöckner, Oliver, 2005. "Employment contribution of private equity and venture capital in Europe," CEFS Working Paper Series 2005-05, Technische Universität München (TUM), Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Hopp & Finn Rieder, 2005. "Strukturanalyse des deutschen Marktes für Beteiligungskapital: Unterschiede im Investitionsverhalten unabhängiger, bankenassoziierter und öffentlicher Venture-Capital-Investoren und Auswirkungen auf d," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 74(4), pages 140-152.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007.
"Experience, screening and syndication in venture capital investments,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 368-398, July.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007. "Experience, Screening and Syndication in Venture Capital Investments," IDEI Working Papers 443, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Das, Sanjiv R. & Jo, Hoje & Kim, Yongtae, 2011. "Polishing diamonds in the rough: The sources of syndicated venture performance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 199-230, April.
- Zhiyang Liu & Zhiqi Chen, 2014.
"Venture Capital Networks and Investment Performance in China,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1-2), pages 97-111, June.
- Zhiyang Liu & Zhiqi Chen, 2014. "Venture Capital Networks and Investment Performance in China," Carleton Economic Papers 14-12, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:333-350 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Casamatta & Carole Haritchabalet, 2014.
"Dealing with Venture Capitalists: Shopping Around or Exclusive Negotiation,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 18(5), pages 1743-1773.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007. "Dealing with Venture Capitalists: Shopping Around or Exclusive Negotiation," IDEI Working Papers 444, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jul 2011.
- Carole HARITCHABALET & Catherine CASAMATTA, 2013. "Dealing with Venture Capitalists: Shopping Around or Exclusive Negotiation," Working Papers 2013-2014_4, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Sep 2013.
- Christian Hopp & Christian Lukas, 2014. "Evaluation frequency and evaluator’s experience: the case of venture capital investment firms and monitoring intensity in stage financing," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(2), pages 649-674, May.
- Guo, Liang & Wei, Yinghong Susan & Sharma, Ruchi & Rong, Ke, 2017. "Investigating e-business models’ value retention for start-ups: The moderating role of venture capital investment intensity," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 186(C), pages 33-45.
- Christian Hopp, 2007. "Nothing Ventured - Nothing Gained? Empirical Evidence on Venture Capital Financing in Switzerland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(III), pages 239-260, September.
- Alvaro Tresierra Tanaka & José Martí Pellón & Marina Balboa, 2012. "Certification effect and capital structure determinants in venture-backed companies," Working Papers. Serie EC 2012-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Zhang, Jing & Pezeshkan, Amir, 2016. "Host country network, industry experience, and international alliance formation: Evidence from the venture capital industry," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 264-277.
More about this item
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:43:y:2011:i:23:p:3089-3102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.