Why Do European Venture Capital Companies Syndicate?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Keuschnigg, Christian, 2003.
"The optimal portfolio of start-up firms in venture capital finance,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 521-534, November.
- Kanniainen, V. & Keuschnigg, C., 2000. "The Optimal Portfolio of Start-up Firms in Venture Capital Finance," University of Helsinki, Department of Economics 486, Department of Economics.
- Vesa Kanniainen & Christian Keuschnigg, 2000. "The Optimal Portfolio of Start-Up Firms in Venture Capital Finance," CESifo Working Paper Series 381, CESifo Group Munich.
- Black, Bernard S. & Gilson, Ronald J., 1998. "Venture capital and the structure of capital markets: banks versus stock markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 243-277, March.
- Joshua Lerner, 1994. "The Syndication of Venture Capital Investments," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
- Manigart, Sophie & De Waele, Koen & Wright, Mike & Robbie, Ken & Desbrieres, Philippe & Sapienza, Harry J. & Beekman, Amy, 2002.
"Determinants of required return in venture capital investments: a five-country study,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 291-312, July.
- Philippe Desbrières & Sophie Manigart & Koen De Waele & Mike Wright & Ken Robbie & Harry Sapienza & Amy Beekman, 2002. "Determinants of required return in venture capital investments:A five country study," Working Papers CREGO 1020701, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike, 2001. "The syndication of venture capital investments," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 375-390, October.
- Sahlman, William A., 1990. "The structure and governance of venture-capital organizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 473-521, October.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1986.
"The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 716-727, September.
- Raaj Kumar Sah & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1984. "The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies," NBER Working Papers 1334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mike Wright, 1998. "Venture Capital and Private Equity: A Review and Synthesis," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5&6), pages 521-570.
- Jeng, Leslie A. & Wells, Philippe C., 2000. "The determinants of venture capital funding: evidence across countries," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 241-289, September.
- Elango, B. & Fried, Vance H. & Hisrich, Robert D. & Polonchek, Amy, 1995. "How venture capital firms differ," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 157-179, March.
- Bygrave, William D., 1987. "Syndicated investments by venture capital firms: A networking perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 139-154.
- Sapienza, Harry J. & Manigart, Sophie & Vermeir, Wim, 1996. "Venture capitalist governance and value added in four countries," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 439-469, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miguel Angel Campo-Rembado, 2005. "The First Deal Might Be The Last: Building Long Term Relationships In The Venture Capital Community," Working Papers 05-11, NET Institute, revised Oct 2005.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2007. "Advice and monitoring in venture finance," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 21(1), pages 3-43, March.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G., 2006. "Crowding out private equity: Canadian evidence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 569-609, September.
- repec:wsi:jdexxx:v:11:y:2006:i:01:n:s1084946706000258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Hopp & Finn Rieder, 2011. "What drives venture capital syndication?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(23), pages 3089-3102.
- Cumming, Douglas J., 2005. "Agency costs, institutions, learning, and taxation in venture capital contracting," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 573-622, September.
- Daniel Hain & Sofia Johan & Daojuan Wang, 2016. "Determinants of Cross-Border Venture Capital Investments in Emerging and Developed Economies: The Effects of Relational and Institutional Trust," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(4), pages 743-764, November.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2006. "Provincial preferences in private equity," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 20(4), pages 369-398, December.
- Johan, S.A. & Cumming, D., 2006. "Corporate social responsibility : domestic and international private equity institutional investment," Discussion Paper 2006-002, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Carola Jungwirth & Petra Moog, 2004. "Closing the gap or enlarging the pool: How venture capitalist differ in their syndication motives," Working Papers 0023, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Rainer Lauterbach & Isabell Welpe & Jan Fertig, 2007. "Performance differentiation: cutting losses and maximizing profits of private equity and venture capital investments," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 21(1), pages 45-67, March.
- Douglas Cumming & Grant Fleming & Armin Schwienbacher, 2008. "Financial intermediaries, ownership structure and the provision of venture capital to SMEs: evidence from Japan," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 59-92, June.
- Yang, Yi & Narayanan, V.K. & Zahra, Shaker, 2009. "Developing the selection and valuation capabilities through learning: The case of corporate venture capital," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 261-273, May.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial diversification theory; motivation; resource-based theory; syndication; venture capital strategies;
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2002-11-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EEC-2002-11-10 (European Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2002-11-28 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2002-11-10 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureri:252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erimanl.html .