When do venture capitalists collaborate? Evidence on the driving forces of venture capital syndication
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 35 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/new+%26+forthcoming+titles+%28default%29/journal/11187/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gorman, Michael & Sahlman, William A., 1989. "What do venture capitalists do?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 231-248, July.
- Achleitner, Ann-Kristin & Klöckner, Oliver, 2005. "Employment contribution of private equity and venture capital in Europe," CEFS Working Paper Series 2005-05, Technische Universität München (TUM), Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS).
- Sahlman, William A., 1990. "The structure and governance of venture-capital organizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 473-521, October.
- Sophie Manigart & Miguel Meuleman, 2002.
"Why do European Venture Capital Companies syndicate?,"
- Sophie Manigart & Andy Lockett & Miguel Meuleman & Mike Wright & Hans Landstrm & Hans Bruining & Philippe Desbrieres & Ulrich Hommel, 2002. "Why do European Venture Capital Companies syndicate?," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2002-20, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Alexander Ljungqvist & Yang Lu, 2010. "Networking as a Barrier to Entry and the Competitive Supply of Venture Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(3), pages 829-859, 06.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Alexander Ljungqvist & Yang Lu, 2007. "Whom You Know Matters: Venture Capital Networks and Investment Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 251-301, 02.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007.
"Experience, screening and syndication in venture capital investments,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 368-398, July.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007. "Experience, Screening and Syndication in Venture Capital Investments," IDEI Working Papers 443, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Megginson, William L & Weiss, Kathleen A, 1991. " Venture Capitalist Certification in Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 879-903, July.
- Dirk De Clercq & Dimo Dimov, 2008. "Internal Knowledge Development and External Knowledge Access in Venture Capital Investment Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 585-612, 05.
- Hopp, Christian, 2008. "Are firms reluctant to engage in inter-organizational exchange relationships with competitors?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 348-350, September.
- James A. Brander & Raphael Amit & Werner Antweiler, 2002. "Venture-Capital Syndication: Improved Venture Selection vs. The Value-Added Hypothesis," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 423-452, 09.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1986.
"The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 716-727, September.
- Raaj Kumar Sah & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1984. "The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies," NBER Working Papers 1334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bygrave, William D., 1987. "Syndicated investments by venture capital firms: A networking perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 139-154.
- Mayer, Colin & Schoors, Koen & Yafeh, Yishay, 2001.
"Sources of Funds and Investment Strategies of Venture Capital Funds: Evidence from Germany, Israel, Japan and the UK,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2001-24, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Koen Schoors & Yishay Yafeh & Colin Mayer, 2001. "Sources of Funds and Investment Strategies of Venture Capital Funds: Evidence from Germany, Israel, Japan and the UK," OFRC Working Papers Series 2001fe15, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Tykvová, Tereza, 2004. "Who Are the True Venture Capitalists in Germany?," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-16, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Zsuzsanna Fluck & Kedran Garrison & Stewart C. Myers, 2005. "Venture Capital Contracting and Syndication: An Experiment in Computational Corporate Finance," NBER Working Papers 11624, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike, 2001. "The syndication of venture capital investments," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 375-390, October.
- Joshua Lerner, 1994. "The Syndication of Venture Capital Investments," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:35:y:2010:i:4:p:417-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.