Sources of funds and investment activities of venture capital funds: evidence from Germany, Israel, Japan and the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Black, Bernard S. & Gilson, Ronald J., 1998. "Venture capital and the structure of capital markets: banks versus stock markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 243-277, March.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1999.
"Diversity of Opinion and Financing of New Technologies,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 8(1-2), pages 68-89, January.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1998. "Diversity of Opinion and Financing of New Technologies," Working Papers 98-29, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1999. "Diversity of Opinion and Financing of New Technologies," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-30, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jeng, Leslie A. & Wells, Philippe C., 2000. "The determinants of venture capital funding: evidence across countries," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 241-289, September.
- Gompers, Paul & Lerner, Josh, 1996. "The Use of Covenants: An Empirical Analysis of Venture Partnership Agreements," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(2), pages 463-498, October.
- Paul Gompers & Josh Lerner, 2000.
"The Determinants of Corporate Venture Capital Success: Organizational Structure, Incentives, and Complementarities,"
NBER Chapters,in: Concentrated Corporate Ownership, pages 17-54
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Gompers & Josh Lerner, 1998. "The Determinants of Corporate Venture Capital Successes: Organizational Structure, Incentives, and Complementarities," NBER Working Papers 6725, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Strömberg, 2003.
"Financial Contracting Theory Meets the Real World: An Empirical Analysis of Venture Capital Contracts,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 281-315.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Stromberg, 2000. "Financial Contracting Theory Meets the Real World: An Empirical Analysis of Venture Capital Contracts," NBER Working Papers 7660, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Steven & Strömberg, Per Johan, 2000. "Financial Contracting Theory Meets The Real World: An Empirical Analysis Of Venture Capital Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 2421, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Strömberg, 2000. "Financial Contracting Theory Meets the Real World: An Empirical Analysis of Venture Capital Contracts," CRSP working papers 513, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Paul Gompers & Josh Lerner, 2001. "The Venture Capital Revolution," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 145-168, Spring.
- Samuel Kortum & Josh Lerner, 2000. "Assessing the Contribution of Venture Capital to Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 674-692, Winter.
- Andrew Winton, 2003. "Institutional Liquidity Needs and the Structure of Monitored Finance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(4), pages 1273-1313.
- Hellmann, Thomas & Puri, Manju, 2000. "The Interaction between Product Market and Financing Strategy: The Role of Venture Capital," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 959-984.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kraeussl, R. & Krause, S., 2011.
"Has Europe Been Catching Up? An Industry Level Analysis of Venture Capital Success over 1985 - 2009,"
327, Banque de France.
- Roman Kraussl & Stefan Krause, 2013. "Has Europe Been Catching Up? An Industry Level Analysis of Venture Capital Success over 1985-2009," LSF Research Working Paper Series 13-6, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Kräussl, Roman & Krause, Stefan, 2012. "Has Europe been catching up? An industry level analysis of venture capital success over 1985 - 2009," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/16, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Judit Karsai, 2012. "Development of the Hungarian Venture Capital and Private Equity Industry over the Past Two Decades," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1201, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Sophie Manigart & Mike Wright, 2013.
"Reassessing the relationships between private equity investors and their portfolio companies,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 479-492, April.
- S. Manigart & M. Wright, 2011. "Reassessing the Relationships between Private Equity Investors and Their Portfolio Companies," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/735, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Andrieu, Guillaume & Groh, Alexander Peter, 2012. "Entrepreneurs' financing choice between independent and bank-affiliated venture capital firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1143-1167.
- Karsai, Judit, 2006.
"Kockázati tőke európai szemmel. A kockázati- és magántőkeipar másfél évtizedes fejlődése Magyarországon és Kelet-Közép-Európában
[Venture capital through European eyes. The development of venture a," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 1023-1051.
- Ant Bozkaya & William R. Kerr, 2014. "Labor Regulations and European Venture Capital," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 776-810, December.
- Nicholas Crafts & Alan Hughes, 2013. "Industrial Policy for the Medium to Long-term," Working Papers wp455, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Sofia Johan & Dorra Najar, 2010. "The Role of Corruption, Culture, and Law in Investment Fund Manager Fees," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 147-172, September.
- Leonel Arango Vásquez & Eduardo Alexander Duque Grisales & Germán Horacio Cardona Vélez, 2014. "La teoría de la agencia en la industria del capital riesgo: mecanismos de alineación de intereses," ESCENARIOS: EMPRESAS Y TERRITORIO, INSTITUCION UNIVERSITARIA ESUMER, January.
- Dimov, Dimo & Milanov, Hana, 2010. "The interplay of need and opportunity in venture capital investment syndication," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 331-348, July.
- Tereza Tykvová, 2006. "How do investment patterns of independent and captive private equity funds differ? Evidence from Germany," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 20(4), pages 399-418, December.
- Pascal François & Georges Hübner, 2010. "A Portfolio Approach to Venture Capital Financing," Cahiers de recherche 1046, CIRPEE.
- Valérie Revest & Sandro Sapio, 2008. "Financing Technology-Based Small Firms in Europe: a review of the empirical evidence," LEM Papers Series 2008/23, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Douglas Cumming & Grant Fleming & Sofia Johan & Mai Takeuchi, 2010. "Legal Protection, Corruption and Private Equity Returns in Asia," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 173-193, September.
- Dormidontova, Yulia & Nazarov, Vladimir & A. Tikhonova, 2014. "Analysis of Approaches of Participants of Pension Products Market to the Development of Optimal Investment Strategies of Pension Savings," Published Papers r90227, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Sun, Yue & Uchida, Konari & Matsumoto, Mamoru, 2013. "The dark side of independent venture capitalists: Evidence from Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 279-300.
- Jean McGuire & Sandra Dow, 2009. "Japanese keiretsu: Past, present, future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 333-351, June.
- Grilli, Luca & Murtinu, Samuele, 2014. "Government, venture capital and the growth of European high-tech entrepreneurial firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1523-1543.
- Dimo Dimov & Gordon Murray, 2008. "Determinants of the Incidence and Scale of Seed Capital Investments by Venture Capital Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 127-152, February.
- Takahashi, Hidenori, 2015. "Dynamics of bank relationships in entrepreneurial finance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 23-31.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:corfin:v:11:y:2005:i:3:p:586-608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.