Measuring advertising intensity and intangible capital in the Greek food industry
The objective of the present paper is to examine market conduct and its determinants in the Greek food industry and to measure how and to what degree the industry and the firm's structural characteristics affect advertising intensity. An advertising intensity model giving emphasis to intangible capital is formulated. Data from ICAP have been used on a four-digit classification for the food industry during the 1990-1997 period. The empirical results indicate that intangible capital positively affects the advertising intensity of the firm and plays an important role in strategies that affect total cost, demand and structure of the market.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 37 (2005)
Issue (Month): 15 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEC20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Konstantinos Giannakas & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 1998. "Strategic behavior and competition in dynamic industry: Greek processed meats," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 157-169.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Raj, Baldev, 1992. "A Survey of Recent Theoretical Developments in the Econometrics of Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 85-109.
- Vlachvei, A. & Oustapassidis, K., 1998.
"Advertising, concentration and profitability in Greek food manufacturing industries,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 18(2), March.
- Vlachvei, A. & Oustapassidis, K., 1998. "Advertising, concentration and profitability in Greek food manufacturing industries," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 191-198, March.
- John Freebairn & Bill Griffiths, 2006. "Introduction," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages 1-1, 09. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)