Interregional labour mobility, inequality and wage convergence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jörg Decressin, 1994. "Internal migration in West Germany and implications for East-West salary convergence," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(2), pages 231-257, June.
- Michael C. Burda & Wolfgang Härdle & Marlene Müller & Axel Werwatz, 1998.
"Semiparametric analysis of German East-West migration intentions: facts and theory,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 525-541.
- Burda, Michael C. & Härdle, Wolfgang & Müller, Marlene & Werwatz, Axel, 1997. "Semiparametric analysis of German East-West migration intentions: Facts and theory," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,3, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2000.
"Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?,"
NBER Working Papers
7564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?," IZA Discussion Papers 123, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jennifer Hunt, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 201, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live In East Germany?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiara Bentivogli & Patrizio Pagano, 1999. "Regional Disparities and Labour Mobility: the Euro-11 versus the USA," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 13(3), pages 737-760, September.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1992.
"Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification,"
NBER Working Papers
3949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," CEPR Discussion Papers 643, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi and Barry Eichengreen., 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," Economics Working Papers 92-187, University of California at Berkeley.
- Daveri, Francesco & Faini, Riccardo, 1999. "Where Do Migrants Go?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(4), pages 595-622, October.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & McMaster, Ian, 1990. "Regional Migration, Wages and Unemployment: Empirical Evidence and Implications for Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 812-831, October.
- Borjas, George J, 1987. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 531-553, September.
- Michiel Van Leuvensteijn & Ashok Parikh, 2002. "How different are the determinants of population versus labour migration in Germany?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(11), pages 699-703.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1997. "Is EMU more justifiable ex post than ex ante?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 753-760, April.
- K.H. Midelfart & H.G. Overman & S.J. Redding & A.J. Venables, 2000. "The location of European industry," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 142, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Almas Heshmati, 2006. "Continental And Sub-Continental Income Inequality," The IUP Journal of Applied Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 7-52, January.
- Arntz, Melanie & Gregory, Terry & Lehmer, Florian, 2011.
"Unequal pay or unequal employment? What drives the skill-composition of labor flows in Germany?,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
11-074, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Arntz, Melanie & Gregory, Terry & Lehmer, Florian, 2012. "Unequal Pay or Unequal Employment? What Drives the Skill-Composition of Labor Flows in Germany?," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62309, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Björn Alecke & Timo Mitze & Gerhard Untiedt, 2010.
"Internal migration, regional labour market dynamics and implications for German East-West disparities: results from a Panel VAR,"
Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 30(2), pages 159-189, September.
- Alecke, Björn & Mitze, Timo & Untiedt, Gerhard, 2009. "Internal Migration, Regional Labour Market Dynamics and Implications for German East-West Disparities – Results from a Panel VAR," Ruhr Economic Papers 96, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Lutz Schneider & Alexander Kubis, 2010.
"Are there Gender-specific Preferences for Location Factors? A Grouped Conditional Logit-Model of Interregional Migration Flows in Germany,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 130(2), pages 143-168.
- Schneider, Lutz & Kubis, Alexander, 2009. "Are there Gender-specific Preferences for Location Factors? A Grouped Conditional Logit-Model of Interregional Migration Flows in Germany," IWH Discussion Papers 5/2009, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Kubis, Alexander & Schneider, Lutz, 2007. "Determinants of Female Migration – The Case of German NUTS 3 Regions," IWH Discussion Papers 12/2007, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Mitze, Timo & Reinkowski, Janina, 2010. "Testing the Validity of the Neoclassical Migration Model: Overall and Age-Group Specific Estimation Results for German Spatial Planning Regions," MPRA Paper 23616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timo MITZE & Björn ALECKE & Gerhard UNTIEDT, "undated". "Determinants of Interregional Migration Among German States and its Implications for Reducing East-West Disparities: Results from a Panel VAR Using Efficient GMM Estimation," EcoMod2008 23800089, EcoMod.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:35:y:2003:i:8:p:931-941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .