Spatial pricing models with lumpy transportation costs: the case for travel cost subsidization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bliss, Christopher, 1988. "A Theory of Retail Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 375-391, June.
- B. Curtis Eaton & Richard G. Lipsey, 1975.
"The Principle of Minimum Differentiation Reconsidered: Some New Developments in the Theory of Spatial Competition,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 42(1), pages 27-49.
- B.Curtis Eaton & Richard G. Lipsey, 1972. "The Principle of Minimum Differentiation Reconsidered: Some New Developments in the Theory of Spatial Competition," Working Papers 87, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Yin, Xiangkang, 2004. "Two-part tariff competition in duopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 799-820, June.
- Stole, Lars A, 1995. "Nonlinear Pricing and Oligopoly," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 529-562, Winter.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 2000. "Price and quantity competition among heterogeneous suppliers with two-part pricing: applications to clubs, local public goods, networks, and growth controls," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 587-608, December.
- Armstrong, Mark & Vickers, John, 2001. "Competitive Price Discrimination," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 579-605, Winter.
- Rath, Kali P. & Zhao, Gongyun, 2001. "Two stage equilibrium and product choice with elastic demand," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1441-1455, November.
- Greenhut, M L & Ohta, H, 1972. "Monopoly Output Under Alternative Spatial Pricing Techniques," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 705-713, September.
- Holahan, William L, 1975. "The Welfare Effects of Spatial Price Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 498-503, June.
- Yew-Kwang Ng & Mendel Weisser, 1974. "Optimal Pricing with a Budget Constraint—The Case of the Two-part Tariff," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(3), pages 337-345.
- Greenhut, Melvin L, 1981. "Spatial Pricing in the United States, West Germany and Japan," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(189), pages 79-86, February.
- Walter Y. Oi, 1971. "A Disneyland Dilemma: Two-Part Tariffs for a Mickey Mouse Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(1), pages 77-96.
- Hazledine, Tim & Collins, Stephanie, 2011. "Paying the pilot? The economics of subsidising international air travel to small remote island nations with large diaspora," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 187-194.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1981. "Spatial Nonlinear Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 923-933, December.
- Coyte, Peter C & Lindsey, C Robin, 1988. "Spatial Monopoly and Spatial Monopolistic Competition with Two-Part Pricing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(220), pages 461-477, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark L. Burkey & Alexandra Kurepa, 2016. "Spatial Nonlinear Pricing with Per-Trip versus Per-Unit Transportation Costs," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 46(3), pages 237-255, Winter.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial pricing; Shopping trip; D42; R10; L1;
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:lsprsc:v:4:y:2011:i:3:p:197-206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.