Mean reversion and long memory in African stock market prices
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 35 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/120857/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2008.
"Fractional integration and structural breaks at unknown periods of time,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 163-185, 01.
- Luis A. Gil-Alana, . "Fractional integration and structural breaks at unknown periods of time," Faculty Working Papers 16/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Assaf, A., 2006. "Dependence and mean reversion in stock prices: The case of the MENA region," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 286-304, September.
- Christopher F. Baum & John Barkoulas, 1996.
"Long Term Dependence in Stock Returns,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
314., Boston College Department of Economics.
- John Barkoulas & Christopher Baum & Nickolaos Travlos, 2000.
"Long memory in the Greek stock market,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 177-184.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2009.
"Modelling stock returns in Africa’s emerging equity markets,"
Discussion Paper Series
2009_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2009.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-11, March.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-04, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S., 1995. "A search for long memory in international stock market returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 597-615, August.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Tom Doan, . "KPSS: RATS procedure to perform KPSS (Kwiatowski, Phillips, Schmidt, and Shin) stationarity test," Statistical Software Components RTS00100, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Rehim Kili, 2004. "On the long memory properties of emerging capital markets: evidence from Istanbul stock exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(13), pages 915-922.
- Poterba, James M. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1988.
"Mean reversion in stock prices : Evidence and Implications,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 27-59, October.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Mean Reversion in Stock Prices: Evidence and Implications," NBER Working Papers 2343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jussi Tolvi, 2003. "Long memory and outliers in stock market returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(7), pages 495-502.
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1992. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stationary univariate fractionally integrated time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 165-188.
- Gil-Alana, L. A. & Robinson, P. M., 1997. "Testing of unit root and other nonstationary hypotheses in macroeconomic time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 241-268, October.
- repec:cep:stiecm:/2001/421 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koong, C.S. & Tsui, Albert K. & Chan, W.S., 1997. "On tests for long memory in Pacific Basin stock returns," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 445-449.
- C. W. J. GRANGER & Zhuanxin DING, 1995. "Some Properties of Absolute Return: An Alternative Measure of Risk," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 40, pages 67-91.
- Sadique, Shibley & Silvapulle, Param, 2001. "Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Returns: International Evidence," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 59-67, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jecfin:v:35:y:2011:i:3:p:296-308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.