Strategic orientation and performance of new ventures: empirical studies based on entrepreneurial activities in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huan Zou & Xiaoyun Chen & Pervez Ghauri, 2010. "Antecedents and consequences of new venture growth strategy: An empirical study in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 393-421, September.
- Langerak, Fred, 2003. "An Appraisal of Research on the Predictive Power of Market Orientation," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 447-464, August.
- Justin J. P. Jansen & Frans A. J. Van Den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2006.
"Exploratory Innovation, Exploitative Innovation, and Performance: Effects of Organizational Antecedents and Environmental Moderators,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(11), pages 1661-1674, November.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2006. "Exploratory Innovation, Exploitative Innovation, and Performance: Effects of Organizational Antecedents and Environmental Moderators," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-038-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Söderblom, Anna & Samuelsson, Mikael & Wiklund, Johan & Sandberg, Rickard, 2015. "Inside the black box of outcome additionality: Effects of early-stage government subsidies on resource accumulation and new venture performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1501-1512.
- Ho, Joanne & Plewa, Carolin & Lu, Vinh Nhat, 2016. "Examining strategic orientation complementarity using multiple regression analysis and fuzzy set QCA," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 2199-2205.
- Choi, Young Rok & Lévesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A., 2008. "When should entrepreneurs expedite or delay opportunity exploitation?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 333-355, May.
- Zhou, Kevin Zheng & Li, Caroline Bingxin, 2010. "How strategic orientations influence the building of dynamic capability in emerging economies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 224-231, March.
- C. Koeller & Thomas Lechler, 2006. "Economic and Managerial Perspectives on New Venture Growth: An Integrated Analysis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 427-437, June.
- Jantunen, Ari & Nummela, Niina & Puumalainen, Kaisu & Saarenketo, Sami, 2008. "Strategic orientations of born globals--Do they really matter?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 158-170, March.
- Julie Li, 2005. "The Formation of Managerial Networks of Foreign Firms in China: The Effects of Strategic Orientations," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 423-443, December.
- Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean, 2005. "Entrepreneurial orientation and small business performance: a configurational approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-91, January.
- Sebastian Raisch & Julian Birkinshaw & Gilbert Probst & Michael L. Tushman, 2009. "Organizational Ambidexterity: Balancing Exploitation and Exploration for Sustained Performance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(4), pages 685-695, August.
- Amason, Allen C. & Shrader, Rodney C. & Tompson, George H., 2006. "Newness and novelty: Relating top management team composition to new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 125-148, January.
- Tsai, William Ming-Hone & MacMillan, Ian C. & Low, Murray B., 1991. "Effects of strategy and environment on corporate venture success in industrial markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 9-28, January.
- Qing Cao & Eric Gedajlovic & Hongping Zhang, 2009. "Unpacking Organizational Ambidexterity: Dimensions, Contingencies, and Synergistic Effects," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(4), pages 781-796, August.
- James G. March, 1991. "Exploration and Exploitation in Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 71-87, February.
- Hmieleski, Keith M. & Corbett, Andrew C., 2008. "The contrasting interaction effects of improvisational behavior with entrepreneurial self-efficacy on new venture performance and entrepreneur work satisfaction," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 482-496, July.
- Keh, Hean Tat & Nguyen, Thi Tuyet Mai & Ng, Hwei Ping, 2007. "The effects of entrepreneurial orientation and marketing information on the performance of SMEs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 592-611, July.
- Zi-Lin He & Poh-Kam Wong, 2004. "Exploration vs. Exploitation: An Empirical Test of the Ambidexterity Hypothesis," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 481-494, August.
- Ensley, Michael D. & Pearson, Allison W. & Amason, Allen C., 2002. "Understanding the dynamics of new venture top management teams: cohesion, conflict, and new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 365-386, July.
- Anderson, Brian S. & Eshima, Yoshihiro, 2013. "The influence of firm age and intangible resources on the relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and firm growth among Japanese SMEs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 413-429.
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 770-791, July.
- Kevin Zhou & Caroline Li, 2007. "How does strategic orientation matter in Chinese firms?," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 447-466, December.
- Yu-Ting Cheng & Andrew H. Van de Ven, 1996. "Learning the Innovation Journey: Order out of Chaos?," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(6), pages 593-614, December.
- Deutscher, Franziska & Zapkau, Florian B. & Schwens, Christian & Baum, Matthias & Kabst, Ruediger, 2016. "Strategic orientations and performance: A configurational perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 849-861.
- Scott Shane & Daniel Cable, 2002. "Network Ties, Reputation, and the Financing of New Ventures," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(3), pages 364-381, March.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Bogner, William C., 2000. "Technology strategy and software new ventures' performance: Exploring the moderating effect of the competitive environment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 135-173, March.
- Cardon, Melissa S. & Zietsma, Charlene & Saparito, Patrick & Matherne, Brett P. & Davis, Carolyn, 2005. "A tale of passion: New insights into entrepreneurship from a parenthood metaphor," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 23-45, January.
- Ostgaard, Tone A. & Birley, Sue, 1996. "New venture growth and personal networks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 37-50, May.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 1995. "Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Cooper, Robert G., 1985. "Industrial firms' new product strategies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 107-121, April.
- Abernathy, William J. & Clark, Kim B., 1985. "Innovation: Mapping the winds of creative destruction," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-22, February.
- Tami L. Knotts & Stephen C. Jones & Karen L. Brown, 2008. "The Effect Of Strategic Orientation And Gender On Survival: A Study Of Potential Mass Merchandising Suppliers," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(01), pages 99-113.
- Hai Guo & Jintong Tang & Zhongfeng Su, 2014. "To be different, or to be the same? The interactive effect of organizational regulatory legitimacy and entrepreneurial orientation on new venture performance," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 665-685, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Presutti & V. Odorici, 2019. "Linking entrepreneurial and market orientation to the SME’s performance growth: the moderating role of entrepreneurial experience and networks," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 697-720, September.
- Tatiana Beliaeva & Galina Shirokova & William Wales & Elena Gafforova, 2020. "Benefiting from economic crisis? Strategic orientation effects, trade-offs, and configurations with resource availability on SME performance," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 165-194, March.
- Byungjoo Paek & Heesang Lee, 2018. "Strategic entrepreneurship and competitive advantage of established firms: evidence from the digital TV industry," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 883-925, December.
- Byungjoo Paek & Joohyun Kim & Joonyoung Park & Heesang Lee, 2019. "Outsourcing Strategies of Established Firms and Sustainable Competitiveness: Medical Device Firms," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-28, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lin Song & Li Jing, 0. "Strategic orientation and performance of new ventures: empirical studies based on entrepreneurial activities in China," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-24.
- Galina Shirokova & Liudmila Ivvonen & Elena Gafforova, 2019. "Strategic Entrepreneurship in Russia during Economic Crisis," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 62-76.
- Sahi, Gurjeet Kaur & Gupta, Mahesh C. & Cheng, T.C.E., 2020. "The effects of strategic orientation on operational ambidexterity: A study of indian SMEs in the industry 4.0 era," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 220(C).
- Ferreira, Jorge & Coelho, Arnaldo & Moutinho, Luiz, 2020. "Dynamic capabilities, creativity and innovation capability and their impact on competitive advantage and firm performance: The moderating role of entrepreneurial orientation," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 92.
- Tobias Kollmann & Christoph StÃ¶ckmann, 2014. "Filling the Entrepreneurial Orientationâ€“Performance Gap: The Mediating Effects of Exploratory and Exploitative Innovations," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 38(5), pages 1001-1026, September.
- Marina Estrada-Cruz & Noelia Rodriguez-Hernández & Antonio J. Verdú-Jover & Jose Maria Gómez-Gras, 0. "The effect of competitive intensity on the relationship between strategic entrepreneurship and organizational results," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-24.
- Sushil Kumar & Satyasiba Das, 2020. "Integrated framework of strategic orientation, value offerings and new venture performance," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 47(1), pages 3-17, March.
- Samuel Adomako, 2018. "The Moderating Effects Of Adaptive And Intellectual Resource Capabilities On The Relationship Between Entrepreneurial Orientation And Financial Performance," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(03), pages 1-35, April.
- Osiyevskyy, Oleksiy & Shirokova, Galina & Ritala, Paavo, 2020. "Exploration and exploitation in crisis environment: Implications for level and variability of firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 227-239.
- Peixu He & Yana Pei & Chunpei Lin & Di Ye, 2021. "Ambidextrous Marketing Capabilities, Exploratory and Exploitative Market-Based Innovation, and Innovation Performance: An Empirical Study on China’s Manufacturing Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(3), pages 1-21, January.
- Matsuno, Ken & Kohlbacher, Florian, 2020. "Proactive marketing response to population aging: The roles of capabilities and commitment of firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 93-104.
- Sabyasachi Sinha, 2015. "The Explorationâ€“Exploitation Dilemma: A Review in the Context of Managing Growth of New Ventures," Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers, , vol. 40(3), pages 313-323, September.
- Erik Lundmark & Anna Krzeminska & Dean A. Shepherd, 2019. "Images of Entrepreneurship: Exploring Root Metaphors and Expanding Upon Them," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 43(1), pages 138-170, January.
- Danny Soetanto & Sarah L. Jack, 2018. "Slack resources, exploratory and exploitative innovation and the performance of small technology-based firms at incubators," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 43(5), pages 1213-1231, October.
- Choo Yeon Kim & Myung Sub Lim & Jae Wook Yoo, 2019. "Ambidexterity in External Knowledge Search Strategies and Innovation Performance: Mediating Role of Balanced Innovation and Moderating Role of Absorptive Capacity," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-23, September.
- Al-Atwi, Amer Ali & Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph & Khan, Zaheer, 2021. "Micro-foundations of organizational design and sustainability: The mediating role of learning ambidexterity," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(1).
- Koryak, Oksana & Lockett, Andy & Hayton, James & Nicolaou, Nicos & Mole, Kevin, 2018. "Disentangling the antecedents of ambidexterity: Exploration and exploitation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 413-427.
- Lim Euncheon & Kim Dohyeon, 2020. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Performance in South Korea: The Mediating Roles of Dynamic Capabilities and Corporate Entrepreneurship," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-18, July.
- Úbeda-García, Mercedes & Claver-Cortés, Enrique & Marco-Lajara, Bartolomé & Zaragoza-Sáez, Patrocinio, 2020. "Toward a dynamic construction of organizational ambidexterity: Exploring the synergies between structural differentiation, organizational context, and interorganizational relations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 363-372.
- Andreea N. Kiss & Dirk Libaers & Pamela S. Barr & Tang Wang & Miles A. Zachary, 2020. "CEO cognitive flexibility, information search, and organizational ambidexterity," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(12), pages 2200-2233, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurial orientation; Market orientation; Technological orientation; Exploration; Exploitation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:intemj:v:13:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11365-017-0433-z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.