How does strategic orientation matter in Chinese firms?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diego Quer & Enrique Claver & Laura Rienda, 2007. "Business and management in China: A review of empirical research in leading international journals," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 359-384, September.
- Zhou, Kevin Zheng & Gao, Gerald Yong & Yang, Zhilin & Zhou, Nan, 2005. "Developing strategic orientation in China: antecedents and consequences of market and innovation orientations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(8), pages 1049-1058, August.
- Mike W. Peng & Justin Tan & Tony W. Tong, 2004. "Ownership Types and Strategic Groups in an Emerging Economy," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7), pages 1105-1129, November.
- Hooley, Graham & Cox, Tony & Fahy, John & Shipley, David & Beracs, Jozsef & Fonfara, Krzysztof & Snoj, Boris, 2000. "Market Orientation in the Transition Economies of Central Europe:: Tests of the Narver and Slater Market Orientation Scales," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 273-285, December.
- Powpaka, Samart, 2006. "How market orientation affects female service employees in Thailand," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 54-61, January.
- Luo, Yadong, 2001. "Equity sharing in international joint ventures: an empirical analysis of strategic and environmental determinants," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 31-58.
- John Child, 2005. "The Dynamic Between Firms' Environmental Strategies and Institutional Constraints in Emerging Economies: Evidence from China and Taiwan," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 95-125, January.
- Julie Li, 2005. "The Formation of Managerial Networks of Foreign Firms in China: The Effects of Strategic Orientations," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 423-443, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shirokova, G. & Puffer, S.M. & Bogatyreva, K. & Beliaeva, T., 2015. "Entrepreneurial orientation in different environmental settings: A comparative cross-country study," Working Papers 6416, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Zhongfeng Su & En Xie & Dong Wang & Yuan Li, 2011. "Entrepreneurial strategy making, resources, and firm performance: evidence from China," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 235-247, February.
- Lei Li & Zhiang Lin & Bindu Arya, 2008. "The turtle–hare race story revisited: Social capital and resource accumulation for firms from emerging economies," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 251-275, June.
- Zhi Yang & Xuemin Zhou & Pengcheng Zhang, 2015. "Discipline versus passion: Collectivism, centralization, and ambidextrous innovation," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 745-769, September.
- Lau, Chung-Ming, 2011. "Team and organizational resources, strategic orientations, and firm performance in a transitional economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1344-1351.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:13:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11365-017-0433-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Feng Wang & Minxue Huang & Zhigang Shou, 2015. "Business expansion and firm efficiency in the commercial banking industry: Evidence from the US and China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 551-569, June.
- Lau, Chung-Ming & Yiu, Daphne W. & Yeung, Ping-Kwong & Lu, Yuan, 2008. "Strategic orientation of high-technology firms in a transitional economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(7), pages 765-777, July.
- En Xie & Yuanyuan Huang & Hao Shen & Yu Li, 2017. "Performance implications of ties to large-scale state-owned enterprises and banks in an emerging economy," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 97-121, March.
- Zheng, Connie, 2014. "The inner circle of technology innovation: A case study of two Chinese firms," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 140-148.
- Zhi Yang & Xuemin Zhou & Pengcheng Zhang, 2015. "Centralization and innovation performance in an emerging economy: testing the moderating effects," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 415-442, June.
- Galina Shirokova & Karina Bogatyreva & Tatiana Beliaeva, 2015. "Entrepreneurial Orientation of Russian Firms: The Role of External Environment," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 9(3), pages 6-25.
- Zhou, Kevin Zheng & Li, Caroline Bingxin, 2010. "How strategic orientations influence the building of dynamic capability in emerging economies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 224-231, March.
- Li, Julie Juan & Zhou, Kevin Zheng, 2010. "How foreign firms achieve competitive advantage in the Chinese emerging economy: Managerial ties and market orientation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 856-862, August.
- Sali Li & William Schulze & Zhineng Li, 2009. "Plunging into the sea, again? A study of serial entrepreneurship in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 667-680, December.
- Lau, Chung Ming & Bruton, Garry D., 2011. "Strategic orientations and strategies of high technology ventures in two transition economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 371-380, July.
- Binali DoÄŸan & Ata Ã–zdemirci, 2012. "The Effect of Business Ownersâ€™/Leadersâ€™ Cultural Values on The Strategic Behavior In Condition of Crisis: A Research on Small Enterprises In Istanbul Chamber of Industry," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 2(2), pages 20-32, April.
- Wronka-Pośpiech Martyna & Frączkiewicz-Wronka Aldona, 2016. "Strategic Orientation and Organisational Culture in Polish Public Organisations: Insights from the Miles and Snow Typology," Management, De Gruyter Open, vol. 20(1), pages 126-141, May.
- Pascal Paillé & Yang Chen & Olivier Boiral & Jiafei Jin, 2014. "The Impact of Human Resource Management on Environmental Performance: An Employee-Level Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 451-466, May.
- Mike Peng, 2007. "Celebrating 25 years of Asia Pacific management research," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 385-393, December.
- Pek-Hooi Soh & Jiang Yu, 2010. "Institutional environment and complementary assets: Business strategy in China’s 3G development," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 647-675, December.
- Kulwant Singh, 2007. "The limited relevance of culture to strategy," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 421-428, December.
- Hagen, Birgit & Zucchella, Antonella & Cerchiello, Paola & De Giovanni, Nicolò, 2012. "International strategy and performance—Clustering strategic types of SMEs," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 369-382.
- Lin Song & Li Jing, 0. "Strategic orientation and performance of new ventures: empirical studies based on entrepreneurial activities in China," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-24.
More about this item
KeywordsStrategic orientation; China; Emerging economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:24:y:2007:i:4:p:447-466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .