Information communication, organizational capability and new product development: an empirical study of Chinese firms
This study focuses on how information acquisition and communication influence new product development through organizational capability. Our empirical results, based on sample data from 607 Chinese firms, show that external information acquisition has a positive effect on proactiveness capability and a negative effect on operation capability. In contrast, however, we find that internal information communication has a negative effect on proactiveness capability and a positive effect on operation capability. Finally, we find that proactiveness capability has a significant positive impact on operational capability and NPD. This research extends the literature on information communication, organizational capability, and NPD in general. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
Volume (Year): 37 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/business+%26+management/journal/10961/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Tan, Justin, 2001. "Innovation and risk-taking in a transitional economy: A comparative study of chinese managers and entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 359-376, July.
- Linda Argote & Sara L. Beckman & Dennis Epple, 1990. "The Persistence and Transfer of Learning in Industrial Settings," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(2), pages 140-154, February.
- Cepeda, Gabriel & Vera, Dusya, 2007. "Dynamic capabilities and operational capabilities: A knowledge management perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 426-437, May.
- Bhuian, Shahid N. & Menguc, Bulent & Bell, Simon J., 2005. "Just entrepreneurial enough: the moderating effect of entrepreneurship on the relationship between market orientation and performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 9-17, January.
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jtecht:v:37:y:2012:i:4:p:416-432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.