Policies of promoting entrepreneurship and Angel Investment: Evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tan, Justin, 2001. "Innovation and risk-taking in a transitional economy: A comparative study of chinese managers and entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 359-376, July.
- N. Berger, Allen & F. Udell, Gregory, 1998.
"The economics of small business finance: The roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 613-673, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1998. "The economics of small business finance: the roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mason, Colin M & Harrison, Richard T, 1995. "Closing the Regional Equity Capital Gap: The Role of Informal Venture Capital," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 153-172, April.
- Yaokuang Li & Shuoyuan Jiang & Dan Long & Huidao Tang & Juan Wu, 2014. "An exploratory study of business angels in China: a research note," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 69-83, January.
- Jesper Lindgaard Christensen, 2011. "Should government support business angel networks? The tale of Danish business angels network," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 337-356, April.
- Wu, Zhenyu & Chua, Jess H. & Chrisman, James J., 2007. "Effects of family ownership and management on small business equity financing," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 875-895, November.
- Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang, 2010.
"Determinants of entrepreneurial activities in China,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 261-273, May.
- Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang, 2007. "Determinants of Entrepreneurial Activities in China," MPRA Paper 5675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2005. "Institutions, ownership, and finance: the determinants of profit reinvestment among Chinese firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 117-146, July.
- Rudy Aernoudt, 1999. "Business Angels: Should they fly on their own wings?," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 187-195, April.
- Ellen Farrell & Carole Howorth & Mike Wright, 2008. "A review of sampling and definitional issues in informal venture capital research," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 331-353, April.
- Douglas Cumming & Uwe Walz, 2010.
"Private equity returns and disclosure around the world,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(4), pages 727-754, May.
- Walz, Uwe & Cumming, Douglas, 2004. "Private equity returns and disclosure around the world," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Liao, Woody M. & Lu, Chia-Chi & Wang, Hsuan, 2014. "Venture capital, corporate governance, and financial stability of IPO firms," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 19-33.
- Gunter W. Festel & Sven H. De Cleyn, 2013. "Founding angels as an emerging subtype of the angel investment model in high-tech businesses," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 261-282, July.
- Josh Lerner, 2010. "The future of public efforts to boost entrepreneurship and venture capital," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 255-264, October.
- Wai-Sum Siu, 2005. "An institutional analysis of marketing practices of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 65-88, January.
- Zhou, Wubiao, 2013. "Political connections and entrepreneurial investment: Evidence from China's transition economy," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 299-315.
- Juelin Yin & Yuli Zhang, 2012. "Institutional Dynamics and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in an Emerging Country Context: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(2), pages 301-316, December.
- Maxwell, Andrew L. & Jeffrey, Scott A. & Lévesque, Moren, 2011. "Business angel early stage decision making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 212-225, March.
- Shane, Scott, 2009. "Fool's Gold: The Truth Behind Angel Investing in America," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195331080.
- Cumming, Douglas & Schmidt, Daniel & Walz, Uwe, 2010. "Legality and venture capital governance around the world," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 54-72, January.
- Michael A. Hitt & David Ahlstrom & M. Tina Dacin & Edward Levitas & Lilia Svobodina, 2004. "The Institutional Effects on Strategic Alliance Partner Selection in Transition Economies: China vs. Russia," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages 173-185, April.
- Liu, Feng-chao & Simon, Denis Fred & Sun, Yu-tao & Cao, Cong, 2011. "China's innovation policies: Evolution, institutional structure, and trajectory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 917-931, September.
- Sofia Avdeitchikova & Hans Landström & Nils Månsson-super-1, 2008. "What do we mean when we talk about business angels? Some reflections on definitions and sampling," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 371-394, July.
- Wubiao Zhou, 2011. "Regional deregulation and entrepreneurial growth in China's transition economy," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(9-10), pages 853-876, December.
- Roy, Abhik & Walters, Peter G. P. & Luk, Sherriff T. K., 2001. "Chinese puzzles and paradoxes: conducting business research in China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 203-210, May.
- Mihir Desai & Paul Gompers & Josh Lerner, 2003. "Institutions, Capital Constraints and Entrepreneurial Firm Dynamics: Evidence from Europe," NBER Working Papers 10165, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cumming, Douglas & Zhang, Yelin, 2016. "Alternative investments in emerging markets: A review and new trends," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-23.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Angel investment; Government policy; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:29:y:2016:i:c:p:154-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.