You are not in my boat: common fate and discrimination against outgroup members
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wit, Arjaan P. & Wilke, Henk A. M., 1992. "The effect of social categorization on cooperation in three types of social dilemmas," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 135-151, March.
- Sugden, Robert, 2000. "Team Preferences," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(02), pages 175-204, October.
- Tan, Jonathan H.W. & Bolle, Friedel, 2007. "Team competition and the public goods game," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 133-139, July.
- Shaun Hargreaves-Heap & Yanis Varoufakis, 2002. "Some Experimental Evidence On The Evolution Of Discrimination, Co--Operation And Perceptions Of Fairness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(481), pages 679-703, July.
- Shaun P. Hargreaves Heap & Daniel John Zizzo, 2009. "The Value of Groups," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 295-323.
- Joachim Weimann & Thomas Riechmann, 2004.
"Competition as a Coordination Device,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2004
196, Society for Computational Economics.
- Li, Y. & Donkers, A.C.D. & Melenberg, B., 2006. "The Econometric Analysis of Microscopic Simulation Models," Discussion Paper 2006-99, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tan, Jonathan H.W. & Zizzo, Daniel John, 2008. "Groups, cooperation and conflict in games," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-17, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agnieszka Rusinowska & Vassili Vergopoulos, 2016. "Ingratiation and Favoritism in Organizations," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 16010, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Robin, Stéphane & Rusinowska, Agnieszka & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2014.
"Ingratiation: Experimental evidence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 16-38.
- Stéphane Robin & Agnieszka Rusinowska & Marie Claire Villeval, 2014. "Ingratiation: Experimental Evidence," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00911556, HAL.
- Tor Eriksson & Lei Mao & Marie Claire Villeval, 2017.
"Saving face and group identity,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, pages 622-647.
- Tor Eriksson & Lei Mao & Marie Claire Villeval, 2015. "Saving Face and Group Identity," Working Papers 1515, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Tor Eriksson & Lei Mao & Marie Claire Villeval, 2017. "Saving Face and Group Identity," Post-Print halshs-01393311, HAL.
- Tor Eriksson & Lei Mao & Marie Claire Villeval, 2015. "Saving Face and Group Identity," Post-Print halshs-01184328, HAL.
- Eriksson, Tor & Mao, Lei & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2015. "Saving Face and Group Identity," IZA Discussion Papers 9110, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tor Eriksson & Lei Mao & Marie Claire Villeval, 2015. "Saving Face and Group Identity," Working Papers halshs-01161750, HAL.
- Antonio Filippin & Francesco Guala, 2013. "Costless discrimination and unequal achievements in an experimental tournament," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 16(3), pages 285-305, September.
- Bicskei, Marianna & Lankau, Matthias & Bizer, Kilian, 2016. "Negative reciprocity and its relation to anger-like emotions in identity-homogeneous and -heterogeneous groups," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 17-34.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01278060 is not listed on IDEAS
- Güth, Werner & Kocher, Martin G., 2014.
"More than thirty years of ultimatum bargaining experiments: Motives, variations, and a survey of the recent literature,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 396-409.
- Werner Güth & Martin G. Kocher, 2013. "More than thirty years of ultimatum bargaining experiments: Motives, variations, and a survey of the recent literature," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-035, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Werner Güth & Martin G. Kocher, 2013. "More than Thirty Years of Ultimatum Bargaining Experiments: Motives, Variations, and a Survey of the Recent Literature," CESifo Working Paper Series 4380, CESifo Group Munich.
- Samuel Cameron, 2009. "Widening the Economic Approach to Hatred," Forum for Social Economics, Springer;The Association for Social Economics, pages 19-29.
- Guala, Francesco & Mittone, Luigi & Ploner, Matteo, 2013. "Group membership, team preferences, and expectations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 183-190.
- repec:wly:econjl:v:127:y:2017:i:603:p:1433-1466 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Guala & Luigi Mittone & Matteo Ploner, 2012. "Group Membership, Team Preferences, and Expectations (This is a new version of CEEL WP 6-09)," CEEL Working Papers 1203, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Francesco GUALA & Antonio FILIPPIN, 2013. "The Effect of Group Identity on Distributive Choice: Social Preference or Heuristic?," Departmental Working Papers 2013-19, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Michael Elsby & Bart Hobijn & Aysegül Sahin & Robert G. Valletta, 2011.
"The labor market in the Great Recession: an update,"
Working Paper Series
2011-29, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Thomas de Haan & Theo Offerman & Randolph Sloof, 2011. "Discrimination in the Labor Market: The Curse of Competition between Workers," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-174/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Tom Lane, 2015. "Discrimination in the laboratory: a meta-analysis," Discussion Papers 2015-03, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Agnieszka Rusinowska & Vassili Vergopoulos, 2016. "Ingratiation and Favoritism in Organizations," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01278060, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrimination; Bargaining; Dictator game; C72; C91;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:inrvec:v:58:y:2011:i:1:p:91-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .