Recurrent support vector regression for a non-linear ARMA model with applications to forecasting financial returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Shiyi Chen & Kiho Jeong & Wolfgang K. HÃ¤rdle, 2008. "Recurrent Support Vector Regression for a Nonlinear ARMA Model with Applications to Forecasting Financial Returns," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-051, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolfgang Härdle & Rouslan A. Moro & Dorothea Schäfer, 2005. "Predicting Bankruptcy with Support Vector Machines," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-009, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Lisi, Francesco & Schiavo, Rosa A., 1999. "A comparison between neural networks and chaotic models for exchange rate prediction," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 87-102, March.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Vahidin Jeleskovic, 2008. "Modelling High-Frequency Volatility and Liquidity Using Multiplicative Error Models," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-047, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Tian, Jilei & Juhola, Martti & Gronfors, Tapio, 1997. "AR parameter estimation by a feedback neural network," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 17-24, July.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Evgeniou, Theodoros & Poggio, Tomaso & Pontil, Massimiliano & Verri, Alessandro, 2002. "Regularization and statistical learning theory for data analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 421-432, February.
- Wu, Berlin, 1995. "Model-free forecasting for nonlinear time series (with application to exchange rates)," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 433-459, April.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Timmermann, G., 1990.
"The Statistical And Economic Significance Of The Predictability Of Exess Returns On Common Stocks,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9022, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Timmermann, A.G., 1990. "The Statistical And Economic Significance Of The Predictability Of Excess Returns On Common Stocks," Papers 26, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Gaudart, Jean & Giusiano, Bernard & Huiart, Laetitia, 2004. "Comparison of the performance of multi-layer perceptron and linear regression for epidemiological data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 547-570, January.
- Nag, Ashok K & Mitra, Amit, 2002. "Forecasting Daily Foreign Exchange Rates Using Genetically Optimized Neural Networks," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(7), pages 501-511, November.
- Angelos Kanas, 2003. "Non-linear forecasts of stock returns," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 299-315.
- Lee, Tian-Shyug & Chiu, Chih-Chou & Chou, Yu-Chao & Lu, Chi-Jie, 2006. "Mining the customer credit using classification and regression tree and multivariate adaptive regression splines," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 1113-1130, February.
- Hong, Wei-Chiang, 2011. "Electric load forecasting by seasonal recurrent SVR (support vector regression) with chaotic artificial bee colony algorithm," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5568-5578.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kuan, Chung-Ming & Liu, Tung, 1995. "Forecasting Exchange Rates Using Feedforward and Recurrent Neural Networks," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 347-364, Oct.-Dec..
- Wolfgang Härdle & Rouslan Moro & Dorothea Schäfer, 2006. "Graphical Data Representation in Bankruptcy Analysis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-015, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:506-:d:131779 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ostap Okhrin & Stefan Trück, 2015. "Editorial to the special issue on Applicable semiparametrics of computational statistics," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 641-646, September.
More about this item
KeywordsRecurrent support vector regression; Non-linear ARMA ; Financial forecasting; C45; C53; F37; F47; G17;
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- F37 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Finance Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:compst:v:30:y:2015:i:3:p:821-843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.