Agglomeration externalities and localized employment growth: the performance of industrial sites in Amsterdam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frenken, Koen & Saviotti, Paolo P. & Trommetter, Michel, 1999. "Variety and niche creation in aircraft, helicopters, motorcycles and microcomputers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 469-488, June.
- Martin, Ron, 1999. "The New 'Geographical Turn' in Economics: Some Critical Reflections," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 65-91, January.
- Burger, M.J. & van Oort, F.G. & van der Knaap, G.A., 2008. "A Treatise on the Geographical Scale of Agglomeration Externalities and the Modifiable Areal Unit Problem," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-076-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gerke J. Hoogstra & Jouke van Dijk, 2004. "Explaining Firm Employment Growth: Does Location Matter?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 179-192, April.
- Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Strange, William C., 2004. "Evidence on the nature and sources of agglomeration economies," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 49, pages 2119-2171 Elsevier.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Overman, Henry G., 2004.
"The spatial distribution of economic activities in the European Union,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 64, pages 2845-2909
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Henry Overman, 2003. "The Spatial Distribution of Economic Activities in the European Union," CEP Discussion Papers dp0587, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Overman, Henry G., 2003. "The spatial distribution of economic activities in the European Union," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20023, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Holmes, Thomas J. & Stevens, John J., 2004. "Spatial distribution of economic activities in North America," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 63, pages 2797-2843 Elsevier.
- Erik Louw & Yvonne Bontekoning, 2007. "Planning Of Industrial Land In The Netherlands: Its Rationales And Consequences," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 98(1), pages 121-129, February.
- Baptista, Rui, 2000. "Do innovations diffuse faster within geographical clusters?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 515-535, April.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2003. "Mobility and Social Networks: Localised Knowledge Spillovers Revisited," KITeS Working Papers 142, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Mar 2003.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliviero A. Carboni, 2013.
"A spatial analysis of R&D: the role of industry proximity,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(8), pages 820-839, November.
- OA Carboni, 2012. "A Spatial Analysis of R&D: the Role of Industry Proximity," Working Paper CRENoS 201204, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Thomas de Graaff & Frank G. van Oort & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2012.
"Regional Population–Employment Dynamics Across Different Sectors Of The Economy,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 60-84, February.
- Thomas de Graaff & Frank G. van Oort & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2011. "Regional Population-Employment Dynamics across Different Sectors of the Economy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-129/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Joana Mendonça & Christoph Grimpe, 2016. "Skills and regional entrepreneurship capital formation: a comparison between Germany and Portugal," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 1440-1456, December.
- Oliver Farhauer & Alexandra Kröll, 2012. "Diversified specialisation—going one step beyond regional economics’ specialisation-diversification concept," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 32(1), pages 63-84, March.
- repec:bla:growch:v:48:y:2017:i:1:p:91-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose Claudio Linhares Pires & Tulio Cravo & Simon Lodato & Caio Piza, 2013.
"Industrial Clusters and Economic Performance in Brazil,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
4771, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jose Claudio Pires & Tulio Cravo & Simon Lodato & Caio Piza, 2013. "Industrial Clusters and Economic Performance in Brazil," OVE Working Papers 0513, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Wouter Jacobs & Hans R. A. Koster & Frank van Oort, 2014.
"Co-agglomeration of knowledge-intensive business services and multinational enterprises,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 443-475.
- Wouter Jacobs & Hans R.A. Koster & Frank van Oort, 2012. "Co-agglomeration of Knowledge-Intensive Business Services and Multinational Enterprises," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1225, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Dec 2012.
- Kristin Kronenberg & Kati Volgmann, 2013.
"Knowledge-intensive employment growth in the Dutch Randstad and the German Rhine-Ruhr area: the impact of centrality and peripherality,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa13p624, European Regional Science Association.
- Kronenberg, Kristin & Volgmann, Kati, 2013. "Knowledge-intensive employment growth in the Dutch Randstad and the German Rhine-Ruhr area: the impact of centrality and peripherality," MPRA Paper 44760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raimund Krumm & Harald Strotmann, 2013. "The impact of regional location factors on job creation, job destruction and employment growth in manufacturing," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 33(1), pages 23-48, February.
- Raimund Krumm & Harald Strotmann, 2010. "The Impact of Regional Supply and Demand Conditions on Job Creation and Destruction," IAW Discussion Papers 61, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- repec:spr:anresc:v:60:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00168-017-0851-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kristin Kronenberg & Kati Volgmann, 2014. "Knowledge-intensive employment change in the Dutch Randstad and the German Rhine-Ruhr area: comparable patterns of growth and decline in two metropolitan regions?," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 34(1), pages 39-60, February.
More about this item
KeywordsC31; O18; R11;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:44:y:2010:i:3:p:409-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .