Knowledge-intensive employment growth in the Dutch Randstad and the German Rhine-Ruhr area: the impact of centrality and peripherality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kristin Kronenberg & Kati Volgmann, 2013. "Knowledge-intensive employment growth in the Dutch Randstad and the German Rhine-Ruhr area: the impact of centrality and peripherality," ERSA conference papers ersa13p624, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Chadwick & John Glasson & Helen Lawton Smith, 2008. "Employment Growth in Knowledge-Intensive Business Services in Great Britain during the 1990s â€” Variations at the Regional and Sub-Regional Level," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 23(1), pages 6-18, February.
- Julia Kowalewski, 2011. "Specialization and employment development in Germany: An analysis at the regional level," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(4), pages 789-811, November.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gerke J. Hoogstra & Jouke van Dijk, 2004. "Explaining Firm Employment Growth: Does Location Matter?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 179-192, April.
- Otto Raspe & Frank Van Oort, 2006. "The Knowledge Economy and Urban Economic Growth," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 1209-1234, May.
- Friso Vor & Henri Groot, 2010. "Agglomeration externalities and localized employment growth: the performance of industrial sites in Amsterdam," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(3), pages 409-431, June.
- Stefan Krätke, 2007. "Metropolisation of the European Economic Territory as a Consequence of Increasing Specialisation of Urban Agglomerations in the Knowledge Economy," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- Frank Oort & Johan Oud & Otto Raspe, 2009. "The urban knowledge economy and employment growth: a spatial structural equation modeling approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(4), pages 859-877, December.
- Kristin Kronenberg, 2013.
"Firm relocations in the Netherlands: Why do firms move, and where do they go?,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(4), pages 691-713, November.
- Kronenberg, Kristin, 2011. "Firm relocations in the Netherlands: Why do firms move, and where do they go?," MPRA Paper 32147, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John B Parr, 2002. "Agglomeration economies: ambiguities and confusions," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(4), pages 717-731, April.
More about this item
Keywordsemployment growth; knowledge economy; settlement structure; the Netherlands; Germany; metropolitan region; centrality; peripherality;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2013-03-16 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2013-03-16 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .