Report NEP-URE-2013-03-16This is the archive for NEP-URE, a report on new working papers in the area of Urban & Real Estate Economics. Steve Ross issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-URE
The following items were announced in this report:
- Michael Brocker & Christopher Hanes, 2013. "The 1920s American Real Estate Boom and the Downturn of the Great Depression: Evidence from City Cross Sections," NBER Working Papers 18852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicole Schneeweis, 2013. "Immigrant concentration in schools: Consequences for native and migrant students," NRN working papers 2013-02, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Gabriele Galati & Federica Teppa & Rob Alessie, 2013. "Heterogeneity in house price dynamics," DNB Working Papers 371, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Matthew Chambers & Carlos Garriga & Donald E. Schlagenhauf, 2013. "Did Housing Policies Cause the Postwar Boom in Homeownership?," NBER Working Papers 18821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xu, Hangtian & Nakajima, Kentaro, 2013. "Highways and Development in the Peripheral Regions of China," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 33, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Courtney A. Collins & Li Gan, 2013. "Does Sorting Students Improve Scores? An Analysis of Class Composition," NBER Working Papers 18848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Soundararajan, Pushparaj, 2013. "Regional income convergence in India: A Bayesian Spatial Durbin Model approach," MPRA Paper 44744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kronenberg, Kristin & Volgmann, Kati, 2013. "Knowledge-intensive employment growth in the Dutch Randstad and the German Rhine-Ruhr area: the impact of centrality and peripherality," MPRA Paper 44760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ioannis Tikoudis & Erik T. Verhoef & Jos N. van Ommeren, 2013. "On Revenue Recycling and the Welfare Effects of Second-Best Congestion Pricing in a Monocentric City," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-031/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- OA Carboni & C. Detotto, 2013. "The economic consequences of crime in Italy," Working Paper CRENoS 201303, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Hideo Akabayashi & Ryuichi Tanaka, 2013. "Long-Term Effects of Preschooling on Educational Attainments," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2012-033, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Manuel Adelino & Antoinette Schoar & Felipe Severino, 2013. "House Prices, Collateral and Self-Employment," NBER Working Papers 18868, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- E. Anthon Eff, 2013. "Veblen in the Metropolis: Land Use Proximity in United States Urban Landscapes," Working Papers 201301, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn & Weizeng Sun & Danglun Luo, 2013. "Incentivizing China's Urban Mayors to Mitigate Pollution Externalities: The Role of the Central Government and Public Environmentalism," NBER Working Papers 18872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Björn Alecke & Claudia Burgard & Timo Mitze, 2013. "The Effect of Tuition Fees on Student Enrollment and Location Choice – Interregional Migration, Border Effects and Gender Differences," Ruhr Economic Papers 0404, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Grossmann, Volker & Schäfer, Andreas & Steger, Thomas M., 2013. "Migration, Capital Formation, and House Prices," FSES Working Papers 441, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Maldonado, Dario, 2013. "Mixed oligopoly in education," TSE Working Papers 13-381, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Thomas Coisnon & Walid Oueslati & Julien Salanié, 2013. "Spatial targeting of agri-environmental policy and urban development," Working Papers halshs-00795815, HAL.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Mannberg, Andrea, 2013. "Self-Control Problems and Conspicuous Housing Consumption:Implications for Tax Policy," Umeå Economic Studies 856, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Kalantzis, Yannick & Lafarguette, Romain & Sicular, Terry, 2013. "Understanding household savings in China: the role of the housing market and borrowing constraints," MPRA Paper 44611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Landerso, Rasmus & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne, 2013. "School Starting Age and Crime," IZA Discussion Papers 7228, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gilles Duranton & Peter Morrow & Matthew Turner, 2013. "Roads and Trade: Evidence from the U.S," Working Papers tecipa-479, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Jie Zhang, 2013. "Infrastructure, Industrial Productivity and Regional Specialization in China," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2012-034, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Bol, Thijs & Witschge, Jacqueline & Van de Werfhorst, Herman & Dronkers, Jaap, 2013. "Curricula tracking and central examinations: counterbalancing the Impact of social background on student achievement in 36 countries," MPRA Paper 44675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Item repec:mpr:mprres:7680 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Stijn BAERT & Bart COCKX, 2013. "Pure Ethnic Gaps in Educational Attainment and School to Work Transitions. When Do They Arise?," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2013005, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Carmen Camacho, 2013. "Spatial migration," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 13017, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Núria Bosch & Marta Espasa & Daniel Montolio, 2013. "Should large Spanish municipalities be financially compensated? Costs and benefits of being a capital/central municipality," Working Papers 2013/6, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Robinson, Jonathan, 2013. "Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Home Computers on Academic Achievement among Schoolchildren," IZA Discussion Papers 7211, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Josep-Oriol Escardíbul & Toni Mora, 2013. "Teacher gender and student performance in mathematics. Evidence from Catalonia," Working Papers 2013/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Item repec:pdn:wpaper:58 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Edoardo Di Porto & Vincent Merlin & Sonia Paty, 2013. "Cooperation among local governments to deliver public services : a "structural" bivariate response model with fixed effects and endogenous covariate," Working Papers halshs-00787600, HAL.
- Giovanni Peri & Kevin Shih & Chad Sparber, 2013. "STEMWorkers, H1B Visas and Productivity in US Cities," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013009, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Anna Golejewska & Damian Gajda, 2013. "Co-financing innovative projects in SMEs from Regional Operational Programmes. The case of Pomeranian region," Working Papers of Economics of European Integration Division 1301, The Univeristy of Gdansk, Faculty of Economics, Economics of European Integration Division.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2013. "A Nation Of Gamblers: Real Estate Speculation And American History," NBER Working Papers 18825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lanzafame, Matteo, 2013. "Crime and regional growth in Italy," MPRA Paper 44343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gürbüz, Ayça Akarcay & Polat, Sezgin & Ulus, Mustafa, 2013. "In Limbo: Exploring transition to discouragement," GIAM Working Papers 13-4, Galatasaray University Economic Research Center.
- Allison Shertzer, 2013. "Immigrant Group Size and Political Mobilization: Evidence from European Migration to the United States," NBER Working Papers 18827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Item repec:mpr:mprres:7679 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Braakmann, Nils, 2013. "Crime, health and wellbeing – Longitudinal evidence from Mexico," MPRA Paper 44885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abel Brodeur & Sarah Flèche, 2013. "Where the Streets Have a Name: Income Comparisons in the US," PSE Working Papers halshs-00795198, HAL.
- Masja van Meeteren & Sonia Pereira, 2013. "The differential role of social networks: Strategies and routes in Brazilian migration to Portugal and the Netherlands," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013010, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Christophe Muller & Marc Vothknecht, 2013. "Group Violence, Ethnic Diversity and Citizen Participation: Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers halshs-00796194, HAL.
- Shoji, Masahiro, 2013. "Guilt aversion and peer effects in crime: experimental and empirical evidence from Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 44746, University Library of Munich, Germany.