The Impact of Regional Supply and Demand Conditions on Job Creation and Destruction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierluigi, Beatrice & Roma, Moreno, 2008. "Labour cost and employment across euro area countries and sectors," Working Paper Series 912, European Central Bank.
- Koski, Heli, 2008. "Public R&D Subsidies and Employment Growth - Microeconomic Evidence from Finnish Firms," Discussion Papers 1143, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Giacinto Micucci & Valter di Giacinto, 2009.
"The Producer Service Sector in Italy: Long-term Growth and its Local Determinants,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 391-425.
- Valter Di Giacinto & Giacinto Micucci, 2007. "The producer service sector in Italy: Long-term growth and its local determinants," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 643, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, January.
- Hymel, Kent, 2009. "Does traffic congestion reduce employment growth?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 127-135, March.
- Brixy, Udo & Grotz, Reinhold, 2006. "Regional patterns and determinants of new firm formation and survival in western Germany," IAB Discussion Paper 200605, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Harald Strotmann, 2007. "Entrepreneurial Survival," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 87-104, January.
- Michael Fritsch & Udo Brixy & Oliver Falck, 2006.
"The Effect of Industry, Region, and Time on New Business Survival – A Multi-Dimensional Analysis,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 28(3), pages 285-306, May.
- Michael Fritsch & Oliver Falck & Udo Brixy, 2004. "The Effect of Industry, Region and Time on New Business Survival - A Multi-Dimensional Analysis," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-31, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Brixy, Udo & Falck, Oliver & Fritsch, Michael, 2006. "The effect of industry, region, and time on new business survival - A multi-dimensional analysis," Munich Reprints in Economics 20195, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fritsch, Michael & Brixy, Udo & Falck, Oliver, 2004. "The effect of industry, region and time on new business survival: A multi-dimensional analysis," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Volkswirtschaftliche Reihe V-26-04, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Fritsch, Michael & Brixy, Udo & Falck, Oliver, 2004. "The effect of industry, region and time on new business survival: A multi-dimensional analysis," Freiberg Working Papers 2004,04, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jun Koo & Tae-Eun Kim, 2009. "When R&D matters for regional growth: A tripod approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(4), pages 825-840, November.
- Cainelli, Giulio & Lupi, Claudio, 2008. "Does Spatial Proximity Matter? Micro-evidence from Italy," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp08042, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Rita Almeida, 2007. "Local Economic Structure and Growth," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 65-90.
- Gerke J. Hoogstra & Jouke van Dijk, 2004. "Explaining Firm Employment Growth: Does Location Matter?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 179-192, April.
- Friso Vor & Henri Groot, 2010. "Agglomeration externalities and localized employment growth: the performance of industrial sites in Amsterdam," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(3), pages 409-431, June.
- Claudio A. Agostini, 2007.
"The Impact of State Corporate Taxes on FDI Location,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 35(3), pages 335-360, May.
- Claudio Agostini & Soraphol Tulayasathien, "undated". "The Impact of State Corporate Taxes on FDI Location," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv146, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Claudio A. Agostini(Georgetown University/Ilades), 2004. "The Impact of State Corporate Taxes on FDI Location," Working Papers gueconwpa~04-04-10, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Jens Suedekum & Uwe Blien, 2007. "Stimulating Employment Growth with Higher Wages? A New Approach to Addressing an Old Controversy," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 441-464, August.
- David B. Audretsch & Dirk Dohse, 2007. "Location: A Neglected Determinant of Firm Growth," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(1), pages 79-107, April.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 2000.
"Location Determinants of New Foreign-Owned Manufacturing Plants,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 323-351.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 1997. "Location determinants of new foreign-owned manufacturing plants," Working Papers 1997-018, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 1998.
"Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 335-367, June.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1996. "Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals," IFS Working Papers W96/14, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Janet Kohlhase & Xiahong Ju, 2007.
"Firm location in a polycentric city: the effects of taxes and agglomeration economies on location decisions,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(5), pages 671-691, October.
- Janet E Kohlhase & Xiahong Ju, 2007. "Firm Location in a Polycentric City: The Effects of Taxes and Agglomeration Economies on Location Decisions," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 25(5), pages 671-691, October.
- Arellano, M, 1987. "Computing Robust Standard Errors for Within-Groups Estimators," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(4), pages 431-434, November.
- Steven Poelhekke, 2013.
"Human Capital and Employment Growth in German Metropolitan Areas: New Evidence,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 245-263, February.
- Steven Poelhekke, 2009. "Human Capital and Employment Growth in German Metropolitan Areas: New Evidence," DNB Working Papers 209, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Josep Maria Arauzo Carod, 2005.
"Determinants of industrial location: An application for Catalan municipalities,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(1), pages 105-120, March.
- Josep Maria Arauzo Carod, "undated". "Determinants of industrial location. An application for Catalan municipalities," Studies on the Spanish Economy 138, FEDEA.
- Michael Funke & Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2005. "Regional Geographic Research and Development Spillovers and Economic Growth: Evidence from West Germany," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 143-153.
- Todd M. Gabe & Kathleen P. Bell, 2004. "Tradeoffs between Local Taxes and Government Spending as Determinants of Business Location," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 21-41.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional development; employment growth; job creation; job destruction; location conditions; manufacturing;
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iaw:iawdip:61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rolf Kleimann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iawtude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.