Do Remittances Hurt Domestic Prices? New Evidence from Low, Lower-Middle and Middle–Income Groups
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Ulyses Balderas & Hiranya Nath, 2007. "Inflation and relative price variability in Mexico: the role of remittances," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 181-185.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John, 2005. "Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1645-1669, October.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004.
"The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 1-48.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2002. "The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation," NBER Working Papers 8963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2004. "The modern history of exchange rate arrangements: A reinterpretation," MPRA Paper 14070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2009.
"Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1143-1154, June.
- Calero, C. & Bedi, A.S. & Sparrow, R.A., 2008. "Remittances, liquidity constraints and human capital investments in Ecuador," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18735, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2008. "Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador," IZA Discussion Papers 3358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Acosta, Pablo A. & Lartey, Emmanuel K.K. & Mandelman, Federico S., 2009. "Remittances and the Dutch disease," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 102-116, September.
- Taylor, J. Edward, 1992.
"Remittances and inequality reconsidered: Direct, indirect, and intertemporal effects,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 187-208, April.
- Taylor, J. Edward, 1991. "Remittances And Inequality Reconsidered; Direct, Indirect, And Intertemporal Effects," Working Papers 225864, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Christopher P. Ball & Claude Lopez & Javier Reyes, 2013.
"Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 487-507, April.
- Christopher P. Ball & Martha Cruz-Zuniga & Claude Lopez & Javier Reyes, 2008. "Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2008-03, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Ball, Christopher & Lopez, Claude & Reyes, Javier & Cruz-Zuniga, Martha, 2010. "Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies," MPRA Paper 22648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Granger, Clive W. J., 2003. "Some aspects of causal relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 69-71, January.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paternò, Francesco, 2009.
"Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1821-1838, December.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paterno, Francesco, 2005. "Do workers'remittances reduce the probability of current account reversals ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3766, The World Bank.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Francesco Paternò, 2006. "Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0714, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paterno, Francesco, 2006. "Do workers' remittances reduce the probability of current account reversals?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19872, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittance Receipt and Business Ownership in the Dominican Republic," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(7), pages 939-956, July.
- Khan, Abdul Aleem & Ahmed, Qazi Masood & Hyder, Kalim, 2007. "Determinants oF Recent Inflation in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 16254, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Mandelman, Federico S., 2013.
"Monetary and exchange rate policy under remittance fluctuations,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 128-147.
- Federico S. Mandelman, 2011. "Monetary and exchange rate policy under remittance fluctuations," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2011-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Kuckulenz, Anja & Buch, Claudia M., 2004. "Worker Remittances and Capital Flows to Developing Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-31, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Mazhar Y. Mughal, 2013. "Remittances As Development Strategy: Stepping Stones Or Slippery Slope?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 583-595, May.
- Michael T. Gapen & Ralph Chami & Peter J Montiel & Adolfo Barajas & Connel Fullenkamp, 2009. "Do Workers’ Remittances Promote Economic Growth?," IMF Working Papers 09/153, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2006.
"Estimation and Inference in Large Heterogeneous Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(4), pages 967-1012, July.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "Estimation and Inference in Large Heterogeneous Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure," CESifo Working Paper Series 1331, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan & Sagarika Mishra, 2011. "Do Remittances Induce Inflation? Fresh Evidence from Developing Countries," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 914-933, April.
- Nazlioglu, Saban & Lebe, Fuat & Kayhan, Selim, 2011. "Nuclear energy consumption and economic growth in OECD countries: Cross-sectionally dependent heterogeneous panel causality analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6615-6621, October.
- Ramon A. CASTILLO-PONCE & Maria de Lourdes RODRIGUEZ-ESPINOSA & Erika GARCIA-MENESES, 2011. "The Importance Of Macroeconomic Conditions On Remittances In The Long-Run And In The Short-Run: The Case Of Mexico," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 11(1).
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- repec:hrv:faseco:34721963 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:rjr:romjef:v::y:2018:i:1:p:20-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:rej:journl:v:20:y:2017:i:63:p:29-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:vls:finstu:v:21:y:2017:i:4:p:6-26 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsremittances; inflation; panel bootstrap Granger test; income groups; foreign exchange;
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2016:i:4:p:95-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipacaro.html .