A Note On The Relationship Linking Remittances And Financial Development In Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Adnan KHURSHID & Yin KEDONG & Adrian Cantemir CALIN & Oana Cristina POPOVICI, 2016. "Do Remittances Hurt Domestic Prices? New Evidence from Low, Lower-Middle and Middle–Income Groups," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 95-114, December.
- Gazi M. Hassan & Mark J. Holmes, 2013. "Remittances and the real effective exchange rate," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(35), pages 4959-4970, December.
- Chowdhury, Mamta B., 2011. "Remittances flow and financial development in Bangladesh," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2600-2608.
- Giuliano, Paola & Ruiz-Arranz, Marta, 2009.
"Remittances, financial development, and growth,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 144-152, September.
- Marta Ruiz-Arranz & Paola Giuliano, 2005. "Remittances, Financial Development, and Growth," IMF Working Papers 05/234, International Monetary Fund.
- Giuliano, Paola & Ruiz-Arranz, Marta, 2006. "Remittances, Financial Development, and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2160, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Acosta, Pablo A. & Lartey, Emmanuel K.K. & Mandelman, Federico S., 2009. "Remittances and the Dutch disease," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 102-116, September.
- Catalina Amuedo‐Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittance Receipt and Business Ownership in the Dominican Republic," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(7), pages 939-956, July.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993.
"Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 821-856, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 943, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Adnan Khurshid & Yin Kedong & Adrian Cantemir Calin & Khalid Khan, 2017. "The Effects of Workersâ€™ Remittances on Exchange Rate Volatility and Exports Dynamics - New Evidence from Pakistan," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 20(63), pages 29-52, March.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Córdova, Ernesto López & Pería, María Soledad Martínez & Woodruff, Christopher, 2011.
"Remittances and banking sector breadth and depth: Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 229-241, July.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Lopez Cordova, Ernesto & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Woodruff, Christopher, 2009. "Remittances and banking sector breadth and depth : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4983, The World Bank.
- Mazhar Yasin mughal & Farid Makhlouf, 2011.
"Volatility of Remittances to Pakistan: What do the Data Tell?,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 605-612.
- Mazhar Yasin Mughal & Farid Makhlouf, 2011. "Volatility of Remittances to Pakistan: What do the Data Tell?," Post-Print hal-01884874, HAL.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Pería, Maria Soledad Martínez, 2011. "Do remittances promote financial development?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 255-264, November.
- Nyamongo, Esman Morekwa & Misati, Roseline N. & Kipyegon, Leonard & Ndirangu, Lydia, 2012. "Remittances, financial development and economic growth in Africa," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 240-260.
- Niaz Hussain Ghumro & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2017. "The Role Of Remittances In The Stability Of Money Demand In Pakistan: A Cointegration Analysis," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 62(213), pages 45-66, April - J.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Christian Nsiah, 2010.
"The Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth and Development in Africa,"
The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 55(2), pages 92-103, November.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Christian Nsiah, 2008. "The Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth and Development in Africa," Working Papers 200802, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Ploberger, Werner, 1994.
"Optimal Tests When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only under the Alternative,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(6), pages 1383-1414, November.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Werner Ploberger, 1992. "Optimal Tests When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only Under the Alternative," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1015, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Arslanturk, Yalcin, 2010. "Economic growth and energy consumption causal nexus viewed through a bootstrap rolling window," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1398-1410, November.
- Richard P. C. Brown & Fabrizio Carmignani & Ghada Fayad, 2013.
"Migrants’ Remittances and Financial Development: Macro- and Micro-Level Evidence of a Perverse Relationship,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(5), pages 636-660, May.
- Richard P C Brown & Fabrizio Carmignani & Ghada Fayad, 2011. "Migrants' Remittances and financial Development: Macro- and Micro-level Evidence of a Perverse Relationship," OxCarre Working Papers 059, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- B. Gabriela Mundaca, 2009. "Remittances, Financial Market Development, and Economic Growth: The Case of Latin America and the Caribbean," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 288-303, May.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Zeynel Ozdemir, 2013. "The export-output growth nexus in Japan: a bootstrap rolling window approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 639-660, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun QIANG & Adnan KHURSHID & Adrian Cantemir CALIN & Khalid KHAN, 2019. "Do Remittances Contribute to the Development of Financial Institutions? New Evidence from the Developing World," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 78-97, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; Financial development; Bootstrap rolling window; Granger Causality;
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:21:y:2017:i:4:p:6-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Mateescu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.