Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christopher P. Ball & Claude Lopez & Javier Reyes, 2013. "Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 487-507, April.
- Ball, Christopher & Lopez, Claude & Reyes, Javier & Cruz-Zuniga, Martha, 2010. "Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies," MPRA Paper 22648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2004. "Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1407-1417, August.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004.
"The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 1-48.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2002. "The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation," NBER Working Papers 8963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2004. "The modern history of exchange rate arrangements: A reinterpretation," MPRA Paper 14070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael T. Gapen & Thomas F. Cosimano & Ralph Chami, 2006. "Beware of Emigrants Bearing Gifts; Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in the Presence of Remittances," IMF Working Papers 06/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Acosta, Pablo A. & Lartey, Emmanuel K.K. & Mandelman, Federico S., 2009. "Remittances and the Dutch disease," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 102-116, September.
- Arvind Subramanian & Raghuram Rajan, 2005. "What Undermines Aid’s Impact on Growth?," IMF Working Papers 05/126, International Monetary Fund.
- Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2005. "Classifying exchange rate regimes: Deeds vs. words," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1603-1635, August.
- Yves Bourdet & Hans Falck, 2006. "Emigrants' remittances and Dutch Disease in Cape Verde," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 267-284.
- Luis René Cáceres & Nolvia Nery Saca, 2006. "What Do Remittances Do? Analyzing the Private Remittance Transmission Mechanism in El Salvador," IMF Working Papers 06/250, International Monetary Fund.
- Lopez, Humberto & Molina, Luis & Bussolo, Maurizio, 2007. "Remittances and the real exchange rate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4213, The World Bank.
- repec:hrv:faseco:34721963 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emmanuel K.K. Lartey, 2013. "Remittances, investment and growth in sub-Saharan Africa," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(7), pages 1038-1058, October.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/232, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:bla:rdevec:v:21:y:2017:i:1:p:103-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farid Makhlouf & Mazhar Mughal, 2013.
"Remittances, Dutch Disease, And Competitiveness: A Bayesian Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Development,
Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 67-97, June.
- Mazhar Yasin MUGHAL & Farid MAKHLOUF, 2011. "Remittances, Dutch Disease, and Competitiveness - A Bayesian Analysis," Working Papers 2011-2012_1, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Dec 2011.
- Ethan Ilzetzki & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2017.
"Exchange Arrangements Entering the 21st Century: Which Anchor Will Hold?,"
NBER Working Papers
23134, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ilzetzki, Ethan & Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2017. "Exchange Arrangements Entering the 21st Century: Which Anchor Will Hold?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11826, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ethan Ilzetzki & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2017. "Exchange Arrangements Entering the 21st Century: Which Anchor Will Hold?," Working Paper 503441, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Li, Xiaochun & Zhou, Jing, 2015. "Environmental effects of remittance of rural–urban migrant," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 174-179.
- Adnan KHURSHID & Yin KEDONG & Adrian Cantemir CALIN & Oana Cristina POPOVICI, 2016. "Do Remittances Hurt Domestic Prices? New Evidence from Low, Lower-Middle and Middle–Income Groups," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 95-114, December.
- Emmanuel K. K. Lartey, 2017.
"Exchange Rate Flexibility and the Effect of Remittances on Economic Growth,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 103-125, February.
- Lartey,Emmanuel Kwasi Koranteng, 2016. "Exchange rate flexibility and the effect of remittances on economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7932, The World Bank.
- Roy, Ripon & Rahman, Md. Mokhlesur, 2014. "An empirical analysis of remittance – inflation relationship in Bangladesh: post-floating exchange rate scenario," MPRA Paper 55190, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adolfo Barajas & Ralph Chami & Christian H Ebeke & Anne Oeking, 2016. "What’s Different about Monetary Policy Transmission in Remittance-Dependent Countries?," IMF Working Papers 16/44, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-04-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2008-04-21 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIG-2008-04-21 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-MON-2008-04-21 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2008-04-21 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cin:ucecwp:2008-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sourushe Zandvakili). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decucus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.