Russian Unified National Exams (UNE) and academic performance of ICEF HSE students
Starting from 2008, the admission to the BSc program at the ICEF (NRU HSE) is done by the UNE results. 2008 was a transition year: both UNE and internal HSE exams results were counted. Since 2009 the regulations stay stable — only the UNE and Olympiads’ results have been taken into account. In the article the academic success factors for the students admitted in 2009–2011, after 1, 2, and 3 years of study, are analyzed. It has been shown that the students — Olympiads’ winners consistently show better results than other students, other factors equal. The UNE results are still significant for academic performance forecast after 3 years of study. But the final rating of the student after the first year accumulates almost completely the information which the UNE and Olympiads results contain. Region of a student’s school is not significant and gender is marginally significant for future academic performance.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rothstein, J.M.Jesse M., 2004. "College performance predictions and the SAT," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 297-317.
- John V.C. Nye & Grigory Androuschak & Desirée Desierto & Garett Jones & Maria Yudkevich, 2012. "2D : 4D Asymmetry and Gender Differences in Academic Performance : Evidence from Moscow and Manila," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 201203, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Robinson, Michael & Monks, James, 2005. "Making SAT scores optional in selective college admissions: a case study," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 393-405, August.
- Poldin, Oleg, 2011. "Predicting success in college on the basis of the results of unified national exam," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 21(1), pages 56-69.
- Peresetsky, Anatoly & Davtian, Misak, 2011. "Russian USE and olympiads as instruments for university admission selection," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 23(3), pages 41-56.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.