The Nature and Effects of Technological Change over the Industry Life Cycle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Darren Filson, "undated". "The Nature and Effects of Technological Change Over the Industry Life Cycle," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-05, Claremont Colleges.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jovanovic, Boyan & MacDonald, Glenn M, 1994.
"The Life Cycle of a Competitive Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(2), pages 322-347, April.
- Jovanovic, B. & MacDonald, G.M., 1992. "The Life-Cycle of Competitive Industry," Papers 92-09, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Jovanovic, B. & MacDonald, G., 1993. "The Life Cycle of a Competitive Industry," Working Papers 93-34, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Boyan Jovanovic & Glenn MacDonald, 1993. "The Life-Cycle of a Competitive Industry," NBER Working Papers 4441, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- Steven Klepper & Elizabeth Graddy, 1990. "The Evolution of New Industries and the Determinants of Market Structure," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 27-44, Spring.
- Stavins, Joanna, 1995. "Model Entry and Exit in a Differentiated-Product Industry: The Personal Computer Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 571-584, November.
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-653, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Bin Grace Li & Zhu Wang, 2017.
"Innovation, Deregulation, and the Life Cycle of a Financial Service Industry,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 26, pages 180-203, October.
- Hayashi, Fumiko & Li, Grace & Wang, Zhu, 2015. "Innovation, Deregulation, and the Life Cycle of a Financial Service Industry," Working Paper 15-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Grace B Li & Zhu Wang, 2015. "Innovation, Deregulation, and the Life Cycle of a Financial Service Industry," IMF Working Papers 15/192, International Monetary Fund.
- Russell, Bonita I. & Shapiro, Daniel & Vining, Aidan R., 2010. "The evolution of the Canadian mining industry: The role of regulatory punctuation," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 90-97, June.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Massimiliano Tancioni, 2005.
"Innovation and Idiosyncratic Risk,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2005
81, Society for Computational Economics.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Massimiliano Tancioni, 2005. "Innovation and Idiosyncratic Risk: an Industry & Firm Level Analysis," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 50, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Reuber, A. Rebecca & Fischer, Eileen, 2007. "Don't rest on your laurels: Reputational change and young technology-based ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 363-387, May.
- Natália Barbosa & Ana Paula Faria & Vasco Eiriz, 2014.
"Industry- and firm-specific factors of innovation novelty,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 865-902.
- Natália Barbosa & Ana Paula Faria & Vasco Eiriz, 2013. "Industry - and firm-specific factors of innovation novelty," NIPE Working Papers 10/2013, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Mariana Mazzucato, 2002. "The PC Industry: New Economy or Early Life-Cycle?," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 5(2), pages 318-345, April.
- Filson, Darren & Gretz, Richard T., 2004.
"Strategic innovation and technology adoption in an evolving industry,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 89-121, January.
- Darren Filson & Richard T. Gretz, 2003. "Strategic Innovation and Technology Adoption in an Evolving Industry," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2003-08, Claremont Colleges.
- Bent Dalum & Christian Ø.R. Pedersen & Gert Villumsen, 2002. "Technoligical Life Cycles Regional Clusters Facing Disruption," DRUID Working Papers 02-10, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Bos, Jaap W.B. & Economidou, Claire & Sanders, Mark W.J.L., 2013. "Innovation over the industry life-cycle: Evidence from EU manufacturing," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 78-91.
- Filson, Darren, 2002.
"Product and process innovations in the life cycle of an industry,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 97-112, September.
- Darren Filson, "undated". "Product and Process Innovations in the Life Cycle of an Industry," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-30, Claremont Colleges.
- Schmoch, Ulrich, 2007. "Double-boom cycles and the comeback of science-push and market-pull," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1000-1015, September.
- Hyunbae Chun & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 2008.
"Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 174-180, February.
- Hyunbae Chun & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 2002. "Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry," NBER Working Papers 9267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chun, H. & Nadiri, M.I., 2002. "Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry," Working Papers 02-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- OHYAMA Atsushi, 2017. "Industry Growth through Spinoffs and Startups," Discussion papers 17057, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Souresh Saha, 2007. "Consumer preferences and product and process R&D," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(1), pages 250-268, March.
- Saha, Souresh, 2014. "Firm's objective function and product and process R&D," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 484-494.
- Mariana Mazzucato, 2006. "Innovation and Stock Prices: a Review of some Recent Work," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 97(5), pages 159-179.
- Najda-Janoszka, Marta, 2017. "Industry Transition - Challenges for Value Capture," MPRA Paper 81919, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsshakeout; product and process innovation; technological change; industry dynamics; technology;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:v:4:y:2001:i:2:p:460-494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .