Organizational and Institutional Barriers to the Effectiveness of Public Expenditures: The Case of Agricultural Research Investments in Nigeria and Ghana
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ragasa, Catherine & Dankyi, Awere & Acheampong, Patricia & Wiredu, Alexander Nimo & Chapoto, Antony & Asamoah, Marian & Tripp, Robert, 2013. "Patterns of adoption of improved rice technologies in Ghana:," GSSP working papers 35, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lipton, Michael, 1988. "The place of agricultural research in the development of sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(10), pages 1231-1257, October.
- Flaherty, Kathleen & Essegbey, George Owusu & Asare, Roland, 2010. "Ghana: Recent developments in agricultural research," ASTI Country Brief 2578, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ragasa, Catherine & Dankyi, Awere & Acheampong, Patricia & Wiredu, Alexander Nimo & Chapoto, Antony & Asamoah, Marian & Tripp, Robert, 2013. "Patterns of adoption of improved maize technologies in Ghana:," GSSP working papers 36, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Beintema, Nienke M. & Stads, Gert-Jan, 2014. "Taking stock of national agricultural R&D capacity in Africa south of the Sahara:," ASTI Synthesis Report 128771, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gregory, Brian T. & Harris, Stanley G. & Armenakis, Achilles A. & Shook, Christopher L., 2009. "Organizational culture and effectiveness: A study of values, attitudes, and organizational outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(7), pages 673-679, July.
- Henri, Jean-Francois, 2006. "Organizational culture and performance measurement systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 77-103, January.
- Manning, Nick & Mukherjee, Ranjana & Gokcekus, Omer, 2000. "Public officials and their institutional environment - an analytical model for assessing the impact of institutional change on public sector performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2427, The World Bank.
- Edward Lorenz & Bengt-Åke Lundvall, 2011.
"Accounting for Creativity in the European Union: A multi-level analysis of individual competence, labour market structure, and systems of education and training,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 269-294.
- Edward Lorenz & B.-A. Lundvall, 2010. "Accounting for Creativity in the European Union A multi-level analysis of individual competence, labour market structure, and systems of education and training," Post-Print halshs-00726800, HAL.
- M C S Bantilan & S Chandra & P K Mehta & J D H Keatinge, 2004. "Dealing with diversity in scientific outputs: implications for international research evaluation," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 87-93, August.
- Robert E. Quinn & John Rohrbaugh, 1983. "A Spatial Model of Effectiveness Criteria: Towards a Competing Values Approach to Organizational Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 363-377, March.
- Eicher, Carl K., 2001. "Africa'S Unfinished Business: Building Sustainable Agricultural Research Systems," Staff Papers 11802, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Omilola, Babatunde & Lambert, Melissa, 2010. "Weathering the storm," IFPRI discussion papers 965, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hall, Andrew & Rasheed Sulaiman, V. & Clark, Norman & Yoganand, B., 2003. "From measuring impact to learning institutional lessons: an innovation systems perspective on improving the management of international agricultural research," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 213-241, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Mzungu, Diston & Kaima, Eric & Kazembe, Cynthia & Kalagho, Kenan, 2017. "Capacity and accountability in the Agricultural Extension System in Malawi: Insights from a survey of service providers in 15 districts:," IFPRI discussion papers 1673, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural research system; public investment; organization; institution; Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:eurjdr:v:28:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1057_ejdr.2015.41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.