Circuit Breakers and the Tail Index of Equity Returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- John Galbraith & Serguei Zernov, 2002. "Circuit Breakers and the Tail Index of Equity Returns," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-62, CIRANO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher K. Ma & Ramesh P. Rao & R. Stephen Sears, 1989.
"Limit moves and price resolution: The case of the treasury bond futures market,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 321-335, August.
- Ma, C.K. & Rao, R.P. & Sears, R.S., 1988. "Limit Moves And Price Resolution: The Case Of The Treasury Bond Futures Markets," Papers 177, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Loretan, Mico & Phillips, Peter C. B., 1994.
"Testing the covariance stationarity of heavy-tailed time series: An overview of the theory with applications to several financial datasets,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 211-248, January.
- Loretan, M. & Phillips, P.C.B., 1992. "Testing the Covariance Stationarity of Heavy-Tailed Time Series: An Overview of the Theory with Applications to Several Financial Datasets," Working papers 9208, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- G. J. Santoni & Tung Liu, 1993. "Circuit breakers and stock market volatility," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 261-277, May.
- G. Booth & John Broussard, 1998. "Setting NYSE Circuit Breaker Triggers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 187-204, June.
- Carmela Quintos & Zhenhong Fan & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2001. "Structural Change Tests in Tail Behaviour and the Asian Crisis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 633-663.
- Phillip Kearns & Adrian Pagan, 1997. "Estimating The Density Tail Index For Financial Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 171-175, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bryan Kelly & Hao Jiang, 2013. "Tail Risk and Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 19375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Straetmans, Stefan & Candelon, Bertrand, 2013. "Long-term asset tail risks in developed and emerging markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1832-1844.
- Escribano Sáez, Álvaro & Blazsek, Szabolcs Istvan & Ayala, Astrid, 2017. "Dynamic conditional score models with time-varying location, scale and shape parameters," UC3M Working papers. Economics 25043, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chiu, Yi-Bin, 2016. "Globalization and insurance activity: Evidence on the industrial and emerging countries," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 328-349.
- Wagner, Niklas, 2005. "Autoregressive conditional tail behavior and results on Government bond yield spreads," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 247-261.
- Riedel, Christoph & Wagner, Niklas, 2015. "Is risk higher during non-trading periods? The risk trade-off for intraday versus overnight market returns," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 53-64.
- John G. Galbraith & Serguei Zernov, 2006. "Extreme Dependence In The Nasdaq And S&P Composite Indexes," Departmental Working Papers 2006-14, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Todorov, Viktor, 2014. "Time-varying jump tails," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 183(2), pages 168-180.
More about this item
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jfinec:v:2:y:2004:i:1:p:109-129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sofieea.html .