Statistics of Heteroscedastic Extremes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Gantner, M. & Sawitzki, G., 2008.
"The Shorth Plot,"
2008-24, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Gantner, M. & Sawitzki, G., 2010. "The Shorth Plot," Other publications TiSEM 0bb67ddc-0dd1-4c13-9916-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Gantner, M. & Sawitzki, G., 2008. "The Shorth Plot," Other publications TiSEM 10b5cfb5-c502-46dc-8e51-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jansen, Dennis W & de Vries, Casper G, 1991.
"On the Frequency of Large Stock Returns: Putting Booms and Busts into Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 18-24, February.
- Dennis W. Jansen, 1988. "On the frequency of large stock returns: putting booms and busts into perspective," Working Papers 1989-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Carmela Quintos & Zhenhong Fan & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2001. "Structural Change Tests in Tail Behaviour and the Asian Crisis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 633-663.
- Phillip Kearns & Adrian Pagan, 1997. "Estimating The Density Tail Index For Financial Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 171-175, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Einmahl, John & Yang, Fan & Zhou, Chen, 2018. "Testing the Multivariate Regular Variation Model," Discussion Paper 2018-044, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Einmahl, John & Ferreira, Ana & de Haan, Laurens & Neves, C. & Zhou, C., 2020.
"Spatial Dependence and Space-Time Trend in Extreme Events,"
Other publications TiSEM
ae5818cd-f071-4275-9577-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Einmahl, John & Ferreira, Ana & de Haan, Laurens & Neves, C. & Zhou, C., 2020. "Spatial Dependence and Space-Time Trend in Extreme Events," Discussion Paper 2020-009, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Powell, Robert J. & Vo, Duc H. & Pham, Thach N. & Singh, Abhay K., 2017. "The long and short of commodity tails and their relationship to Asian equity markets," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 32-44.
- Alois Guger & Silvia Rocha-Akis, 2016.
"Redistribution by the State in Austria,"
WIFO Bulletin, WIFO, vol. 21(11), pages 100-115, September.
- Pinchasik, Daniel Ruben & Hovi, Inger Beate, 2017. "A CO2-fund for the transport industry: The case of Norway," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 186-195.
- Einmahl, John & He, Y., 2020. "Unified Extreme Value Estimation for Heterogeneous Data," Discussion Paper 2020-025, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Einmahl, John & He, Y., 2020. "Unified Extreme Value Estimation for Heterogeneous Data," Other publications TiSEM dfe6c38c-823b-4394-b4fd-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Yaolan Ma & Bo Wei & Wei Huang, 2020. "A nonparametric estimator for the conditional tail index of Pareto-type distributions," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 17-44, January.
- Ljungberg, Anders, 2016. "Marginal cost-pricing in the Swedish transport sector – An efficient and sustainable way of funding local and regional public transport in the future?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 159-166.
- Demichelis, Francesca & Fiore, Silvia & Pleissner, Daniel & Venus, Joachim, 2018. "Technical and economic assessment of food waste valorization through a biorefinery chain," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 38-48.
- Jacek Wójcik, 2017. "Consequences of the Cognitive Digital Divide on the Consumer Market," Collegium of Economic Analysis Annals, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, issue 44, pages 69-80.
- Wittenberg, Raphael & Sharpin, Luke & McCormick, Barry & Hurst, Jeremy, 2017. "The ageing society and emergency hospital admissions," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(8), pages 923-928.
- Dominković, D.F. & Bačeković, I. & Ćosić, B. & Krajačić, G. & Pukšec, T. & Duić, N. & Markovska, N., 2016. "Zero carbon energy system of South East Europe in 2050," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1517-1528.
- Magdeldin, Mohamed & Kohl, Thomas & Järvinen, Mika, 2017. "Techno-economic assessment of the by-products contribution from non-catalytic hydrothermal liquefaction of lignocellulose residues," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 679-695.
- Joos, Michael & Staffell, Iain, 2018. "Short-term integration costs of variable renewable energy: Wind curtailment and balancing in Britain and Germany," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 45-65.
- Nicoletti, Giuseppe & von Rueden, Christina & Andrews, Dan, 2020.
"Digital technology diffusion: A matter of capabilities, incentives or both?,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 128(C).
- Dan Andrews & Giuseppe Nicoletti & Christina Timiliotis, 2018. "Digital technology diffusion: A matter of capabilities, incentives or both?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1476, OECD Publishing.
- Li, Wei & Lu, Can & Ding, Yi & Zhang, Yan-Wu, 2017. "The impacts of policy mix for resolving overcapacity in heavy chemical industry and operating national carbon emission trading market in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 509-524.
- Andrea Kunnert, 2016. "Leistbarkeit von Wohnen in Österreich. Operationalisierung und demographische Komponenten," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 58932.
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Islam, Faridul & Kumar Tiwari, Aviral, 2019. "The dynamic relationships among CO2 emissions, renewable and non-renewable energy sources, and economic growth in India: Evidence from time-varying Bayesian VAR model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 90-101.
- Schweiger, Gerald & Rantzer, Jonatan & Ericsson, Karin & Lauenburg, Patrick, 2017. "The potential of power-to-heat in Swedish district heating systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 661-669.
- Borozan, Djula, 2018. "Regional-level household energy consumption determinants: The european perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 347-355.
- Everard, Mark & Longhurst, James & Pontin, John & Stephenson, Wendy & Brooks, Joss, 2017. "Developed-developing world partnerships for sustainable development (2): An illustrative case for a payments for ecosystem services (PES) approach," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 253-260.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2003.
"Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 559-581, December.
- Michael Rockinger & Eric Jondeau, 2001. "Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns," Working Papers hal-00601480, HAL.
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 2001. "Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns," HEC Research Papers Series 739, HEC Paris.
- G. D. Gettinby & C. D. Sinclair & D. M. Power & R. A. Brown, 2004. "An Analysis of the Distribution of Extreme Share Returns in the UK from 1975 to 2000," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5‐6), pages 607-646, June.
- Chen, Zhimin & Ibragimov, Rustam, 2019. "One country, two systems? The heavy-tailedness of Chinese A- and H- share markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 115-141.
- Kyritsis, Evangelos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2018.
"The zero lower bound and market spillovers: Evidence from the G7 and Norway,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 100-123.
- Kyritsis, Evangelos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2017. "The Zero Lower Bound and Market Spillovers: Evidence from the G7 and Norway," Discussion Papers 2017/7, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Straetmans, Stefan & Chaudhry, Sajid M., 2015. "Tail risk and systemic risk of US and Eurozone financial institutions in the wake of the global financial crisis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 191-223.
- Nirei, Makoto & Sushko, Vladyslav, 2011. "Jumps in foreign exchange rates and stochastic unwinding of carry trades," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 110-127, January.
- Cem PAYASLIOGLU, 2001. "A Tail Index Tour across Foreign Exchange Regimes in Turkey," Middle East and North Africa 330400049, EcoMod.
- Bryan Kelly & Hao Jiang, 2013. "Tail Risk and Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 19375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Candelon, Bertrand & Straetmans, Stefan, 2006. "Testing for multiple regimes in the tail behavior of emerging currency returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1187-1205, November.
- Chao Huang & Jin-Guan Lin & Yan-Yan Ren, 2012. "Statistical Inferences for Generalized Pareto Distribution Based on Interior Penalty Function Algorithm and Bootstrap Methods and Applications in Analyzing Stock Data," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 173-193, February.
- DiTraglia, Francis J. & Gerlach, Jeffrey R., 2013. "Portfolio selection: An extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 305-323.
- Iglesias, Emma M., 2015. "Value at Risk and expected shortfall of firms in the main European Union stock market indexes: A detailed analysis by economic sectors and geographical situation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-8.
- Iglesias, Emma M., 2015. "Value at Risk of the main stock market indexes in the European Union (2000–2012)," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-13.
- Su Xu, 2017. "A VaR assuming Student t distribution not significantly different from a VaR assuming normal distribution," Risk Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(3), pages 189-201, August.
- S. T. M. Straetmans & W. F. C. Verschoor & C. C. P. Wolff, 2008. "Extreme US stock market fluctuations in the wake of 9|11," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 17-42.
- Victor Pontines, 2010. "Fat-tails and house prices in OECD countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(14), pages 1373-1377.
- Phillips, Peter C B & McFarland, James W & McMahon, Patrick C, 1996.
"Robust Tests of Forward Exchange Market Efficiency with Empirical Evidence from the 1920s,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 1-22, Jan.-Feb..
- Peter C.B. Phillips & James W. McFarland & Patrick C. McMahon, 1994. "Robust Tests of Forward Exchange Market Efficiency with Empirical Evidence from the 1920's," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1080, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & João Nicolau, 2015. "A New Regression-Based Tail Index Estimator: An Application to Exchange Rates," Working Papers w201514, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Bali, Turan G. & Neftci, Salih N., 2003.
"Disturbing extremal behavior of spot rate dynamics,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 455-477, September.
- Turan G. Bali & Salih N. Neftci, 2002. "Disturbing Extremal Behavior of Spot Rate Dynamics," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2002-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiutis:19952ae4-25ff-4e1b-8627-d21d7a62375b. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/economics-and-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.