Testing for multiple regimes in the tail behavior of emerging currency returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Danielsson, J. & de Haan, L. & Peng, L. & de Vries, C. G., 2001.
"Using a Bootstrap Method to Choose the Sample Fraction in Tail Index Estimation,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 226-248, February.
- J. Danielsson & L. de Haan & L. Peng & C.G. de Vries, 1997. "Using a Bootstrap Method to choose the Sample Fraction in Tail Index Estimation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-016/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Daníelsson, J. & de Haan, L.F.M. & Peng, L. & de Vries, C.G., 2000. "Using a bootstrap method to choose the sample fraction in tail index estimation," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-19/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2003.
"Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 559-581, December.
- Michael Rockinger & Eric Jondeau, 2001. "Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns," Working Papers hal-00601480, HAL.
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 2001. "Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns," Les Cahiers de Recherche 739, HEC Paris.
- P. Hartmann & S. Straetmans & C. G. de Vries, 2004.
"Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 313-326, February.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Straetmans, Stefan & de Vries, Casper, 2001. "Asset market linkages in crisis periods," Working Paper Series 0071, European Central Bank.
- P. Hartmann & S. Straetmans & C.G. de Vries, 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-071/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- de Vries, Casper G & Hartmann, Philipp & Straetmans, Stefan, 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," CEPR Discussion Papers 2916, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philipp Hartman & Stefan Straetmans & Casper De Vries, 2001. "Asset market linkages in crisis periods," Proceedings 727, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Hartmann, P. & Straetmans, S. & De Vries, C.G., 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," Papers 71, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Lee, Junsoo & Strazicich, Mark C, 2001. " Break Point Estimation and Spurious Rejections with Endogenous Unit Root Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(5), pages 535-558, December.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 1998.
"Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 47-78, January.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Jansen, Dennis W & de Vries, Casper G, 1991.
"On the Frequency of Large Stock Returns: Putting Booms and Busts into Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 18-24, February.
- Dennis W. Jansen & Casper de Vries, 1988. "On the frequency of large stock returns: putting booms and busts into perspective," Working Papers 1989-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Huisman, Ronald, et al, 2001. "Tail-Index Estimates in Small Samples," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(2), pages 208-216, April.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993.
"Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 821-856, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 943, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Carmela Quintos & Zhenhong Fan & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2001. "Structural Change Tests in Tail Behaviour and the Asian Crisis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 633-663.
- Pagan, Adrian R. & Schwert, G. William, 1990. "Testing for covariance stationarity in stock market data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 165-170, June.
- Hols, Martien C A B & de Vries, Casper G, 1991. "The Limiting Distribution of Extremal Exchange Rate Returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 287-302, July-Sept.
- Longin, Francois M, 1996. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Extreme Stock Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 383-408, July.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Mico Loretan, 1990. "Testing Covariance Stationarity Under Moment Condition Failure with an Application to Common Stock Returns," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 947, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ankudinov, Andrei & Ibragimov, Rustam & Lebedev, Oleg, 2017. "Sanctions and the Russian stock market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 150-162.
- Bee, Marco & Riccaboni, Massimo & Trapin, Luca, 2017.
"An extreme value analysis of the last century crises across industries in the U.S. economy,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 65-78.
- Marco Bee & Massimo Riccaboni & Luca Trapin, 2016. "An extreme value analysis of the last century crises across industries in the U.S. economy," Working Papers 02/2016, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Feb 2016.
- Ibragimov Marat & Khamidov Rufat, 2010. "Heavy-Tailedness and Volatility in Emerging Foreign Exchange Markets: Theory and Empirics," EERC Working Paper Series 10/06e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Nicolau, João, 2016. "Structural change test in duration of bull and bear markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 64-67.
- Ankudinov, Andrei & Ibragimov, Rustam & Lebedev, Oleg, 2017. "Extreme movements of the Russian stock market and their consequences for management and economic modeling," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 45, pages 75-92.
- Straetmans, Stefan & Candelon, Bertrand, 2013. "Long-term asset tail risks in developed and emerging markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1832-1844.
- de Zwart, Gerben & Markwat, Thijs & Swinkels, Laurens & van Dijk, Dick, 2009.
"The economic value of fundamental and technical information in emerging currency markets,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 581-604, June.
- de Zwart, G.J. & Markwat, T.D. & Swinkels, L.A.P. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2007. "The Economic Value of Fundamental and Technical Information in Emerging Currency Markets," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-096-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:46:y:2018:i:c:p:182-190 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nirei, Makoto & Sushko, Vladyslav, 2011. "Jumps in foreign exchange rates and stochastic unwinding of carry trades," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 110-127, January.
- Metiu Norbert, 2011. "Financial contagion in developed sovereign bond markets," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Wang, Yi-Chen & Wang, Ching-Wen & Huang, Chia-Hsing, 2015. "The impact of unconventional monetary policy on the tail risks of stock markets between U.S. and Japan," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 41-51.
- A. Khalifa & S. Hammoudeh & E. Otranto & S. Ramchander, 2012. "Volatility Transmission across Currency, Commodity and Equity Markets under Multi-Chain Regime Switching: Implications for Hedging and Portfolio Allocation," Working Paper CRENoS 201214, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Ibragimov, Marat & Ibragimov, Rustam & Kattuman, Paul, 2013. "Emerging markets and heavy tails," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2546-2559.
- repec:eee:ememar:v:32:y:2017:i:c:p:200-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khalifa, Ahmed A.A. & Otranto, Edoardo & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Ramchander, Sanjay, 2016. "Volatility transmission across currencies and commodities with US uncertainty measures," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 63-83.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:25:y:2006:i:7:p:1187-1205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.