Autoregressive conditional tail behavior and results on Government bond yield spreads
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John W. Galbraith, 2004.
"Circuit Breakers and the Tail Index of Equity Returns,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(1), pages 109-129.
- John Galbraith & Serguei Zernov, 2002. "Circuit Breakers and the Tail Index of Equity Returns," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-62, CIRANO.
- Longin, Francois M, 1996. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Extreme Stock Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 383-408, July.
- Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2000.
"How Relevant is Volatility Forecasting for Financial Risk Management?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 12-22, February.
- Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 1997. "How Relevant is Volatility Forecasting for Financial Risk Management?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-45, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 1998. "How Relevant is Volatility Forecasting for Financial Risk Management?," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-080, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 1998. "How Relevant is Volatility Forecasting for Financial Risk Management?," NBER Working Papers 6844, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Len Umantsev & Victor Chernozhukov, 2001. "Conditional value-at-risk: Aspects of modeling and estimation," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 271-292.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
- R.W.J. van den Goorbergh, 1999. "Value-at-Risk and least squares tail index estimation," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 578, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Rockinger, Michael & Jondeau, Eric, 2002.
"Entropy densities with an application to autoregressive conditional skewness and kurtosis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 119-142, January.
- Rockinger, M. & Jondeau, E., 2001. "Entropy Densities: with an Application to Autoregressive Conditional Skewness and Kurtosis," Working papers 79, Banque de France.
- Hsieh, David A., 1993. "Implications of Nonlinear Dynamics for Financial Risk Management," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 41-64, March.
- Livio Stracca, "undated". "Economics and Politics: Interest Rate Convergence in Europe and EMU," Discussion Papers in European Economics 99/6, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Niklas Wagner & Terry A. Marsh, 2004. "Measuring Tail Thickness under GARCH and an Application to Extreme Exchange Rate Changes," Econometrics 0401008, EconWPA.
- Carmela Quintos & Zhenhong Fan & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2001. "Structural Change Tests in Tail Behaviour and the Asian Crisis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 633-663.
- Somnath Datta & William McCormick, 1998. "Inference for the Tail Parameters of a Linear Process with Heavy Tail Innovations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 50(2), pages 337-359, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Todorov, Viktor, 2014. "Time-varying jump tails," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 183(2), pages 168-180.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:14:y:2005:i:2:p:247-261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.