Export-Led Growth Hypothesis in Pakistan: A Reinvestigation Using the Bounds Test
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heller, Peter S. & Porter, Richard C., 1978. "Exports and growth : An empirical re-investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 191-193, June.
- Shamshad Begum & Abul Shamsuddin, 1998. "Exports and economic growth in Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 89-114.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Sengupta, Jati K, 1991. "Rapid Growth in NICs in Asia: Tests of New Growth Theory for Korea," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(4), pages 561-579.
- Ashfaque H. Khan & Afia Malik & Lubna Hasan, 1995.
"Exports, Growth and Causality: An Application of Co-integration and Error-correction Modelling,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 1001-1012.
- Khan, Ashfaque Hasan & Hasan, Lubna & Malik, Afia, 1995. "Exports, Growth and Causality:An Application of Co-Integration and Error-correction Modelling," MPRA Paper 7352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chow, Peter C. Y., 1987. "Causality between export growth and industrial development : Empirial evidence from the NICs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 55-63, June.
- Yousif Khalifa Al-Yousif, 1997. "Exports and economic growth:some empirical evidence from the Arab Gulf countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 693-697.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1990. "Comparative Advantage and Long-run Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 796-815, September.
- Bardsen, G., 1988. "On The Estimation Of Long Run Coefficients In Error Correction Models," Papers 03-88, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Imam Alam & Rahim Quazi, 2003. "Determinants of Capital Flight: An econometric case study of Bangladesh," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 85-103.
- Mohammad Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J Smith, 1999.
"Bounds Testing Approaches to the Analysis of Long Run Relationships,"
ESE Discussion Papers
46, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Y. & Smith, R.J., 1999. "Bounds Testing Approaches to the Analysis of Long-run Relationships," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9907, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kravis, Irving B, 1970. "Trade as a Handmaiden of Growth: Similarities between the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 80(323), pages 850-872, December.
- Jordan Shan & Fiona Sun, 1998. "On the export-led growth hypothesis: the econometric evidence from China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 1055-1065.
- Balassa, Bela, 1978. "Exports and economic growth : Further evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-189, June.
- Jim Love & Ramesh Chandra, 2005. "Testing export-led growth in South Asia," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(2), pages 132-145, May.
- Tyler, William G., 1981. "Growth and export expansion in developing countries : Some empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 121-130, August.
- Michaely, Michael, 1977. "Exports and growth : An empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 49-53, February.
- Selami Sezgin & Julide Yildirim, 2002. "The Demand for Turkish Defence Expenditure," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 121-128.
- Jang Jin, 2002. "Exports and growth: is the export-led growth hypothesis valid for provincial economies?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 63-76.
- Subrata Ghatak & Stephen Price, 1997. "Export composition and economic growth: Cointegration and causality evidence for India," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 133(3), pages 538-553, September.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Bohl, Martin T., 2000. "German monetary unification and the stability of the German M3 money demand function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 203-208, February.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Jung, Woo S. & Marshall, Peyton J., 1985. "Exports, growth and causality in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-12.
- Satya Paul & Kabir Chowdhury, 1995. "Export-led growth hypothesis: some empirical testing," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(6), pages 177-179.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap, 2005. "Export-Led Growth Hypothesis: Further Econometric Evidence From South Asia," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 43(4), pages 472-488, December.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Pereira, Alfredo M & Xu, Zhenhui, 2000. "Export Growth and Domestic Performance," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 60-73, February.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Mohtadi, Hamid & Shabsigh, Ghiath, 1991. "Exports, growth and causality in LDCs : A re-examination," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 405-415, October.
- Greenaway, David & Sapsford, David, 1994. "Exports, growth, and liberalization: An evaluation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 165-186, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ksp:journ2:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:75-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ady Soejoto & Waspodo Tjipto Subroto & Suyanto, 2015. "Fiscal Decentralization Policy in Promoting Indonesia Human Development," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 763-771.
- Fatemah, Ambreen & Qayyum, Abdul, 2018. "Modeling the Impact of Exports on the Economic Growth of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 83929, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jan 2018.
- Kurtovic, Safet & Halili, Blerim & Maxhuni, Nehat, 2016. "Bilateral Trade Elasticity: B&H versus its seven trade partners," MPRA Paper 72297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:psl:pslqrr:2017:24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghazi Al-Assaf & Bashier Al-Abdulrazag, 2015. "The Validity of Export-Led Growth Hypothesis for Jordan: A Bounds Testing Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 199-211.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Growth; Exports; Imports; Labor Force Participation.;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F49 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:journl:v:13:y:2008:i:2:p:59-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsecopk.html .