Export composition and economic growth: Cointegration and causality evidence for India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Serletis, Apostolos, 1992. "Export growth and Canadian economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 133-145, January.
- Chow, Peter C. Y., 1987. "Causality between export growth and industrial development : Empirial evidence from the NICs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 55-63, June.
- David Greenaway & David Sapsford, 1994.
"What does liberalisation do for exports and growth?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(1), pages 152-174, March.
- David Greenaway & David Sapsford, "undated". "What does Liberalisation do for Exports and Growth?," Working Papers ec4/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Kravis, Irving B, 1970. "Trade as a Handmaiden of Growth: Similarities between the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 80(323), pages 850-872, December.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Riezman, Raymond G & Whiteman, Charles H & Summers, Peter M, 1996.
"The Engine of Growth or Its Handmaiden? A Time-Series Assessment of Export-Led Growth,"
Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 77-110.
- Riezman, R.G. & Summers, P.M. & Whiteman, C.H., 1991. "The Engine of Growth or Its Handmaiden? A Time Series Assessment of Export-Led Growth," Working Papers 92-27, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Raymond Riezman & Charles Whiteman & Peter M. Summers, 1996. "The Engine of Growth or Its Handmaiden? A Time-Series Assessment of Export-Led Growth," GE, Growth, Math methods 9602002, EconWPA.
- Riezman, R. & Whiteman, C. & Summers, P.M., 1995. "The Engine of Growth or Its Handmaiden? A Time Series Assessment of Export-Led Growth," Working Papers 95-16, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Michaely, Michael, 1977. "Exports and growth : An empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 49-53, February.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Hwa, Erh-Cheng, 1988. "The contribution of agriculture to economic growth: Some empirical evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(11), pages 1329-1339, November.
- Feder, Gershon, 1983. "On exports and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-2), pages 59-73.
- Perron, Pierre & Vogelsang, Timothy J, 1992. "Testing for a Unit Root in a Time Series with a Changing Mean: Corrections and Extensions," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(4), pages 467-470, October.
- Jones, Jonathan D. & Joulfaian, David, 1991. "Federal govemment expenditures and revenues in the early years of the American republic: Evidence from 1792 to 1860," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 133-155.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Mohtadi, Hamid & Shabsigh, Ghiath, 1991. "Exports, growth and causality in LDCs : A re-examination," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 405-415, October.
- Sims, Christopher A & Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1990. "Inference in Linear Time Series Models with Some Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 113-144, January.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:7:y:1991:i:1:p:1-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heller, Peter S. & Porter, Richard C., 1978. "Exports and growth : An empirical re-investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 191-193, June.
- Tyler, William G., 1981. "Growth and export expansion in developing countries : Some empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 121-130, August.
- Perron, Pierre, 1990.
"Testing for a Unit Root in a Time Series with a Changing Mean,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 153-162, April.
- Perron, P., 1989. "Testing For A Unit Root In A Time Series With A Changing Mean," Papers 347, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1991. "Asymptotically Efficient Estimation of Cointegration Regressions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 1-21, March.
- Ahmad, Jaleel & Kwan, Andy C. C., 1991. "Causality between exports and economic growth : Empirical evidence from Africa," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 243-248, November.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Milner, Chris & Utkulu, Utku, 1995. "Trade Liberalisation and Endogenous Growth: Some Evidence for Turkey," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 28(2-3), pages 147-167.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sayef Bakari, 2017.
"The Impact of Vegetables Exports on Economic Growth in Tunisia,"
Economic Research Guardian,
Weissberg Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 72-87, December.
- Bakari, Sayef, 2017. "The Impact of Vegetables Exports on Economic Growth in Tunisia," MPRA Paper 80722, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daly V. & Siddiki J., 2001. "An Empirical Growth Model for India: 1954-1994," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3-4), pages 141-154, July - De.
- Saima Siddiqui & Sameena Zehra & Sadia Majeed & Muhammad Sabihuddin Butt, 2008. "Export-Led Growth Hypothesis in Pakistan: A Reinvestigation Using the Bounds Test," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 13(2), pages 59-80, Jul-Dec.
- Jiayi Huang & Miguel D. Ramirez, 2016.
"Do Exports lead Economic Output in Five Asian Countries? A Cointegration and Granger Causality Analysis,"
Business and Economic Research,
Macrothink Institute, vol. 6(2), pages 30-50, December.
- Jiayi Huang & Miguel Ramirez, 2016. "Do Exports lead Economic Output in Five Asian Countries? A Cointegration and Granger Causality Analysis," Working Papers 1601, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Akmal, Muhammad Shahbaz & Ahmad, Khalil & Ali, Muhammad, 2009. "Exports-Led Growth Hypothesis in Pakistan: Further Evidence," MPRA Paper 16043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dierk HERZER & Felicitas NOWAK-LEHMANN D. & Boriss SILIVERSTOVS, 2006.
"Export-Led Growth In Chile: Assessing The Role Of Export Composition In Productivity Growth,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(3), pages 306-328.
- Dierk Herzer & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2004. "Export-Led Growth in Chile: Assessing the Role of Export Composition in Productivity Growth," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 103, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas & Herzer, Dierk & Siliverstovs, Boriss, 2005. "Export-Led Growth in Chile: Assessing the Role of Export Composition in Productivity Growth," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 20, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Shafiullah, Muhammad & Selvanathan, Saroja & Naranpanawa, Athula, 2017. "The role of export composition in export-led growth in Australia and its regions," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 62-76.
- Javier Alejandro Vera Vargas & Werner Kristjanpoller Rodríguez, 2017. "Granger causality between exports, economic growth and electricity production: empirical evidence for Latin America," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 86, pages 25-62, Enero - J.
- Abo-Zaid Salem M, 2011.
"The Trade-Growth Relationship in Israel Revisited: Evidence from Annual Data, 1960-2004,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 63-93, February.
- Abo-Zaid, Salem, 2010. "The Trade–Growth Relationship in Israel Revisited: Evidence from Annual Data, 1960-2004," MPRA Paper 26344, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap, 2005. "Export-Led Growth Hypothesis: Further Econometric Evidence From South Asia," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 43(4), pages 472-488, December.
- Vera Vargas, Javier Alejandro & Kristjanpoller Rodríguez, Werner, 2016. "Causalidad de Granger entre composición de las exportaciones, crecimiento económico y producción de energía eléctrica: evidencia empírica para Latinoamérica," REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, issue 86, pages 25-62, December.
- Dr. Devesh Gupta & Dr. Geetika Shukla, 2014. "Problems and Solutions of Export Promotion Measures in India," Journal of Commerce and Trade, Society for Advanced Management Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 22-28, October.
- Mah Jai S., 2011. "Export Promotion Policies, Export Composition and Economic Development of Korea," The Law and Development Review, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 3-27, February.
- Fethi, Meryem Duygun & Fethi, Sami & Katircioglu, Salih Turan, 2008. "Does Trade Policy Matter in an Isolated Economy? A Case Study," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 61(4), pages 637-664.
- repec:agr:journl:v:2(615):y:2018:i:2(615):p:221-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cagri Levent Uslu, 2016. "Cointegration and Causality between Turkish, Imports and GDP: A Structural Analysis," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 4(2), pages 91-100.
- Mousumi Bhattacharya & Sharad Nath Bhattacharya, 2011. "The Interrelationship Between Merchandise Trade, Economic Growth and FDI Inflows in India," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 9(2), pages 229-244.
- Abhijit Sharma & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2003. "An Analysis of Exports and Growth in India: Some Empirical Evidence (1971-2001)," Working Papers 2003004, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2003.
- Musleh-Ud Din, 2004. "Exports, Imports, and Economic Growth in South Asia: Evidence Using a Multivariate Time-series Framework," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 105-124.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap, 2004. "Exports and Economic Growth Nexus: The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 563-581.
- Kar Muhsin & Peker Osman & Kaplan Muhittin, 2008. "Trade Liberalization, Financial Development and Economic Growth in The Long Term: The Case of Turkey," South East European Journal of Economics and Business, Sciendo, vol. 3(2), pages 25-38, November.
- Vicente Donoso & Víctor Martín, 2009. "Exportaciones y crecimiento económico: estudios empíricos," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 0905, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:133:y:1997:i:3:p:538-553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.