Vertical Structure and Patent Pools
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole & Marcin Strojwas, 2003. "Cooperative Marketing Agreements Between Competitors: Evidence from Patent Pools," NBER Working Papers 9680, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeitschko Thomas D. & Zhang Nanyun, 2014.
"Adverse Effects of Patent Pooling on Product Development and Commercialization,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Thomas D. Jeitschko & Nanyun Zhang, 2012. "Adverse Effects of Patent Pooling on Product Development and Commercialization," EAG Discussions Papers 201205, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Zhang, Nanyun, 2013. "Adverse effects of patent pooling on product development and commercialization," DICE Discussion Papers 92, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Nancy Gallini, 2011.
"Private agreements for coordinating patent rights: the case of patent pools,"
ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE,
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(3), pages 5-30.
- Gallini, Nancy, 2010. "Private Agreements for Coordinating Patent Rights: The Case of Patent Pools," Economics working papers nancy_gallini-2010-34, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 17 Nov 2010.
- Gallini, Nancy, 2011. "Private Agreements for Coordinating Patent Rights: The Case of Patent Pools," IEL Working Papers 5, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Lévêque, François & Ménière, Yann, 2011.
"Patent pool formation: Timing matters,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 243-251.
- Ménière, Yann & Lévêque, François, 2008. "Early commitments help patent pool formation," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 384, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- François Lévêque & Yann Ménière, 2011. "Patent pool formation: Timing matters," Post-Print hal-00659058, HAL.
- Miao, Chun-Hui, 2016. "Licensing a technology standard," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 33-61.
- Akifumi Ishihara & Noriyuki Yanagawa, 2013. "Dark Sides of Patent Pools with Compulsory Independent Licensing," CARF F-Series CARF-F-318, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Daniel Quint, 2014. "Pooling with Essential and Nonessential Patents," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 23-57, February.
- Klaus M. Schmidt, 2014.
"Complementary Patents and Market Structure,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 68-88, March.
- Schmidt, Klaus M., 2008. "Complementary Patents and Market Structure," CEPR Discussion Papers 7005, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schmidt, Klaus M., 2014. "Complementary patents and market structure," Munich Reprints in Economics 19765, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schmidt, Klaus M., 2009. "Complementary Patents and Market Structure," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 274, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Schmidt, Klaus M., 2008. "Complementary Patents and Market Structure," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 249, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Thomas Jeitschko & Nanyun Zhang, 2011. "Patent Pools and Product Development," Working Papers 2011-02, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2011.
- Gallini, Nancy, 2014. "Cooperating with competitors: Patent pooling and choice of a new standard," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 4-21.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Chiu Yu Ko & Xuyao Zhang, 2017. "A Welfare Economic Interpretation of FRAND," IFRO Working Paper 2017/04, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Richard Schmalensee, 2009. "STANDARD-SETTING, INNOVATION SPECIALISTS AND COMPETITION POLICY -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 526-552, September.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2013. "Patent pool under endogenous technology choice," Discussion Paper Series 2013_07, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jul 2013.
- Ryan L. Lampe & Petra Moser, 2012. "Do Patent Pools Encourage Innovation? Evidence from 20 U.S. Industries under the New Deal," NBER Working Papers 18316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:57:y:2018:i:c:p:1-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matsushima, Noriaki & Mizuno, Tomomichi, 2013.
"Vertical separation as a defense against strong suppliers,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 228(1), pages 208-216.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Tomomichi Mizuno, 2009. "Vertical Separation as a Defense against Strong Suppliers," ISER Discussion Paper 0755, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Gallini, Nancy, 2015. "Promoting Competition by Coordinating Prices: When Rivals Share Intellectual Property," Economics working papers nancy_gallini-2015-22, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 07 Dec 2015.
- Spulber, Daniel F., 2016. "Patent licensing and bargaining with innovative complements and substitutes," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 693-713.
- Dequiedt, Vianney & Versaevel, Bruno, 2013. "Patent pools and dynamic R&D incentives," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 59-69.
More about this item
KeywordsDouble marginalization; licensing; patent pool; raising rivals’ costs; vertical integration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:25:y:2004:i:3:p:231-250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.