Market and Technology Access Through Firm Acquisitions: Beyond One Size Fits All
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manuel Trajtenberg, 1990. "A Penny for Your Quotes: Patent Citations and the Value of Innovations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 172-187, Spring.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Colombo, Massimo G. & Garrone, Paola & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2005. "The impact of M&A on the R&D process: An empirical analysis of the role of technological- and market-relatedness," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 195-220, March.
- Gompers, Paul & Lerner, Josh, 2000. "Money chasing deals? The impact of fund inflows on private equity valuation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 281-325, February.
- Jung-Chin Shen & Jeffrey Reuer, 2005. "Adverse Selection in Acquisitions of Small Manufacturing Firms: A Comparison of Private and Public Targets," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 393-407, May.
- Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Market Value, R&D, and Patents," NBER Chapters,in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 249-252 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harris, Robert S & Ravenscraft, David, 1991. " The Role of Acquisitions in Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from the U.S. Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 825-844, July.
- di Giovanni, Julian, 2005.
"What drives capital flows? The case of cross-border M&A activity and financial deepening,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 127-149, January.
- di Giovanni, Julian, 2002. "What Drives Capital Flows? The Case of Cross-Border M&A Activity and Financial Deepening," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt7nq6d7wp, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Julian di Giovanni & Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 2003. "What Drives Capital Flows? The Case of Cross-Border M&A Activity and Financial Deepening," International Trade 0303002, EconWPA.
- Pierre Dussauge & Laurence Capron & Will Mitchell, 1998. "Resource redeployment following horizontal acquisitions in Europe and North America, 1988-1992," Post-Print hal-00464384, HAL.
- Grimpe, Christoph & Hussinger, Katrin, 2008.
"Pre-empting technology competition through firm acquisitions,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 189-191, August.
- Grimpe, Christoph & Hussinger, Katrin, 2007. "Pre-empting Technology Competition Through Firm Acquisitions," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-027, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Qiu, Larry D. & Zhou, Wen, 2006. "International mergers: Incentives and welfare," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 38-58, January.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Zuniga, Pluvia, 2006.
"R&D and M&A: Are cross-border M&A different? An investigation on OECD countries,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 401-423, March.
- Olivier Bertrand & Pluvia Zuniga, 2004. "R&D and M&A : Are cross-border M&A different ? An investigation on OECD countries," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla04072, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Pakes, Ariel, 1985.
"On Patents, R&D, and the Stock Market Rate of Return,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 390-409, April.
- Pakes, Ariel, 1985. "On Patents, R & D, and the Stock Market Rate of Return," Scholarly Articles 3436409, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Suzanne Scotchmer & Jacques-François Thisse, 1998.
"Patent Breadth, Patent Life, and the Pace of Technological Progress,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-32, March.
- O'DONOGHUE, Ted & SCOTCHMER, Suzanne & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1998. "Patent breadth, patent life, and the pace of technological progress," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1314, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jensen, Michael C. & Ruback, Richard S., 1983. "The market for corporate control : The scientific evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 5-50, April.
- Frey, Rainer & Hussinger, Katrin, 2006.
"The Role of Technology in M&As: A Firm Level Comparison of Cross-Border and Domestic Deals,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
06-069, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Frey, Rainer & Hussinger, Katrin, 2006. "The role of technology in M&As: a firm-level comparison of cross-border and domestic deals," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,45, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 1990. "The Manufacturing Sector Master File: 1959-1987," NBER Working Papers 3366, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Daniel A. Levinthal, 1994. "Fortune Favors the Prepared Firm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(2), pages 227-251, February.
- Aydemir, Zava & Schmutzler, Armin, 2008. "Small scale entry versus acquisitions of small firms: Is concentration self-reinforcing," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 133-146, January.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca & Piva, Evila, 2006. "In search of complementary assets: The determinants of alliance formation of high-tech start-ups," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1166-1199, October.
- Dietmar Harhoff & Francis Narin & F. M. Scherer & Katrin Vopel, 1999. "Citation Frequency And The Value Of Patented Inventions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 511-515, August.
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole & Marcin Strojwas, 2003. "Cooperative Marketing Agreements Between Competitors: Evidence from Patent Pools," NBER Working Papers 9680, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Scherer, Frederic M. & Vopel, Katrin, 2003. "Citations, family size, opposition and the value of patent rights," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1343-1363, September.
- John H Dunning, 1988. "The Eclectic Paradigm of International Production: A Restatement and Some Possible Extensions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Caves, Richard E., 1989. "International differences in industrial organization," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 21, pages 1225-1250 Elsevier.
- Rosemarie Ham Ziedonis, 2004. "Don't Fence Me In: Fragmented Markets for Technology and the Patent Acquisition Strategies of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(6), pages 804-820, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joel Stiebale & Michaela Trax, 2011.
"The effects of cross-border M&As on the acquirers' domestic performance: firm-level evidence,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 44(3), pages 957-990, August.
- Stiebale, Joel & Trax, Michaela, 2010. "The Effects of Cross-border M&As on the Acquirers' Domestic Performance – Firm-level Evidence," Ruhr Economic Papers 159, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Henkel, Joachim & Rønde, Thomas & Wagner, Marcus, 2010. "And the Winner Is--Acquired: Entrepreneurship as a Contest with Acquisition as the Prize," CEPR Discussion Papers 8147, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Fabling & Lynda Sanderson, 2014.
"Foreign acquisition and the performance of New Zealand firms,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 1-20, April.
- Richard Fabling & Lynda Sanderson, 2011. "Foreign Acquisition and the Performance of New Zealand Firms," Treasury Working Paper Series 11/06, New Zealand Treasury.
- Richard Fabling & Lynda Sanderson, 2011. "Foreign acquisition and the performance of New Zealand firms," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2011/08, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Joel Stiebale & Michaela Trax, 2010. "The Eff ects of Cross-border M&As on the Acquirers’ Domestic Performance – Firm-level Evidence," Ruhr Economic Papers 0159, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0159 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFirm acquisitions; technological assets; market access; quantile regression;
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-08-06 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2008-08-06 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2008-08-06 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-TID-2008-08-06 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:7309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .