Models of Multi-Category Choice Behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- K. Sudhir & Vrinda Kadiyali & Vithala R. Rao, 2001. "Structural Analysis of Manufacturer Pricing in the Presence of a Strategic Retailer," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm229, Yale School of Management.
- Goldberg, Stephen M & Green, Paul E & Wind, Yoram, 1984. "Conjoint Analysis of Price Premiums for Hotel Amenities," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 111-132, January.
- Green, Paul E & Devita, Michael T, 1974. " A Complementarity Model of Consumer Utility for Item Collections," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 56-67, December.
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2001.
"Duration models: specification, identification and multiple durations,"
Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 55, pages 3381-3460,
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2000. "Duration Models: Specification, Identification, and Multiple Durations," MPRA Paper 9446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erdem, Tulin & Winer, Russell S., 1998. "Econometric modeling of competition: A multi-category choice-based mapping approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 159-175, November.
- P. B. Seetharaman, 2004. "The Additive Risk Model for Purchase Timing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 234-242, March.
- Jeongwen Chiang, 1991. "A Simultaneous Approach to the Whether, What and How Much to Buy Questions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 297-315.
- K. Sudhir, 2001. "Structural Analysis of Manufacturer Pricing in the Presence of a Strategic Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 244-264, October.
- Teck-Hua Ho & Christopher S. Tang & David R. Bell, 1998. "Rational Shopping Behavior and the Option Value of Variable Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-2), pages 145-160, December.
- Boatwright, Peter & Borle, Sharad & Kadane, Joseph B., 2003. "A Model of the Joint Distribution of Purchase Quantity and Timing," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 564-572, January.
- Christian Bressen Pipper & Torben Martinussen, 2004. "An estimating equation for parametric shared frailty models with marginal additive hazards," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 207-220, February.
- Karsten Hansen & Vishal Singh & Pradeep Chintagunta, 2006. "Understanding Store-Brand Purchase Behavior Across Categories," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(1), pages 75-90, 01-02.
- Kamel Jedidi & Sharan Jagpal & Puneet Manchanda, 2003. "Measuring Heterogeneous Reservation Prices for Product Bundles," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 107-130, July.
- Raghuram Iyengar & Asim Ansari & Sunil Gupta, 2003. "Leveraging Information Across Categories," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 425-465, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boztug, Yasemin & Reutterer, Thomas, 2008. "A combined approach for segment-specific market basket analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 294-312, May.
- Youngsoo Kim & Rahul Telang & William B. Vogt & Ramayya Krishnan, 2010. "An Empirical Analysis of Mobile Voice Service and SMS: A Structural Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(2), pages 234-252, February.
- Rakesh Niraj & V. Padmanabhan & P. B. Seetharaman, 2008. "Research Note—A Cross-Category Model of Households' Incidence and Quantity Decisions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(2), pages 225-235, 03-04.
- Nguyen Tien Thong & Hans Stubbe Solgaard & Wolfgang Haider & Eva Roth & Lars Ravnâ€ Jonsen, 2018. "Using labeled choice experiments to analyze demand structure and market position among seafood products," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(2), pages 163-189, March.
- Klabjan, Diego & Pei, Jinxiang, 2011. "In-store one-to-one marketing," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 64-73.
- Peter J. Danaher & Michael S. Smith, 2011. "Rejoinder--Estimation Issues for Copulas Applied to Marketing Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(1), pages 25-28, 01-02.
- Prasad, Ashutosh & Strijnev, Andrei & Zhang, Qin, 2008. "What can grocery basket data tell us about health consciousness?," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 301-309.
- Nitin Mehta, 2007. "Investigating Consumers' Purchase Incidence and Brand Choice Decisions Across Multiple Product Categories: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 196-217, 03-04.
- George, Morris & Kumar, V. & Grewal, Dhruv, 2013. "Maximizing Profits for a Multi-Category Catalog Retailer," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 374-396.
- Hongju Liu & Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Ting Zhu, 2010. "Complementarities and the Demand for Home Broadband Internet Services," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 701-720, 07-08.
- Taha Hossein Rashidi & Matthew J. Roorda, 2018. "A business establishment fleet ownership and composition model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 971-987, May.
- Wei, Yuansheng & Huang, Pei, 2019. "A model of product compatibility introduction with consumer recognition," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 613-629.
- Wagner Kamakura, 2012. "Sequential market basket analysis," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 505-516, September.
- Park, Sangwon & Nicolau, Juan L., 2015. "Differentiated effect of advertising: Joint vs. separate consumption," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 107-114.
- Gal Oestreicher-Singer & Arun Sundararajan, 2012. "The Visible Hand? Demand Effects of Recommendation Networks in Electronic Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(11), pages 1963-1981, November.
- Sutthipong Meeyai, 2015. "Modeling Store Patronage: A Systematic Review," International Conference on Marketing and Business Development Journal, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 40-48, July.
- Xiaojing Dong & Pradeep Chintagunta & Puneet Manchanda, 2011. "A new multivariate count data model to study multi-category physician prescription behavior," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 301-337, September.
- Gielens, Katrijn & Gijsbrechts, Els & Dekimpe, Marnik G., 2014. "Gains and losses of exclusivity in grocery retailing," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 239-252.
- S. Sriram & Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Manoj K. Agarwal, 2010. "Investigating Consumer Purchase Behavior in Related Technology Product Categories," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(2), pages 291-314, 03-04.
- Pancras, Joseph & Gauri, Dinesh K. & Talukdar, Debabrata, 2013. "Loss leaders and cross-category retailer pass-through: A Bayesian multilevel analysis," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 140-157.
- Dahana, Wirawan Dony & Miwa, Yukihiro & Morisada, Makoto, 2019. "Linking lifestyle to customer lifetime value: An exploratory study in an online fashion retail market," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 319-331.
- Ma, Yu & Seetharaman, P.B. & Narasimhan, Chakravarthi, 2012. "Modeling Dependencies in Brand Choice Outcomes Across Complementary Categories," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 47-62.
- Zhang, Qin & Gangwar, Manish & Seetharaman, P.B., 2017. "Polygamous Store Loyalties: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 93(4), pages 477-492.
- A. Ye(scedilla)im Orhun, 2009. "Optimal Product Line Design When Consumers Exhibit Choice Set-Dependent Preferences," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(5), pages 868-886, 09-10.
More about this item
Keywordsmulti-category; multivariate choices; basket data; bayesian estimation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:16:y:2005:i:3:p:239-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.