Accounting for Primary and Secondary Demand Effects with Aggregate Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nair, Harikesh S. & Dube, Jean-Pierre & Chintagunta, Pradeep, 2004. "Accounting for Primary and Secondary Demand Effects with Aggregate Data," Research Papers 1949, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1984. "Discrete-Continuous Models of Consumer Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 541-561, May.
- K. Sudhir & Vrinda Kadiyali & Vithala R. Rao, 2001. "Structural Analysis of Manufacturer Pricing in the Presence of a Strategic Retailer," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm229, Yale School of Management.
- Neeraj Arora & Greg M. Allenby & James L. Ginter, 1998. "A Hierarchical Bayes Model of Primary and Secondary Demand," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 29-44.
- Greg M. Allenby & Peter E. Rossi, 1991. "Quality Perceptions and Asymmetric Switching Between Brands," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 185-204.
- Pakes, Ariel & Pollard, David, 1989. "Simulation and the Asymptotics of Optimization Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1027-1057, September.
- David Besanko & Sachin Gupta & Dipak Jain, 1998. "Logit Demand Estimation Under Competitive Pricing Behavior: An Equilibrium Framework," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(11-Part-1), pages 1533-1547, November.
- Harald J. van Heerde & Peter S. H. Leeflang & Dick R. Wittink, 2004. "Decomposing the Sales Promotion Bump with Store Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 317-334, December.
- David R. Bell & Jeongwen Chiang & V. Padmanabhan, 1999. "The Decomposition of Promotional Response: An Empirical Generalization," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4), pages 504-526.
- William R. Dillon & Sunil Gupta, 1996. "A Segment-Level Model of Category Volume and Brand Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 38-59.
- Jean-Pierre Dubé, 2004. "Multiple Discreteness and Product Differentiation: Demand for Carbonated Soft Drinks," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 66-81, September.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Jeongwen Chiang, 1991. "A Simultaneous Approach to the Whether, What and How Much to Buy Questions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 297-315.
- Tülin Erdem & Susumu Imai & Michael Keane, 2003.
"Brand and Quantity Choice Dynamics Under Price Uncertainty,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 5-64, March.
- Erdem, Tulin & Imai, Susumu & Keane, Michael, 2003. "Brand and Quantity Choice Dynamics Under Price Uncertainty," MPRA Paper 52516, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2001. "Quasi-random maximum simulated likelihood estimation of the mixed multinomial logit model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 677-693, August.
- K. Sudhir, 2001. "Structural Analysis of Manufacturer Pricing in the Presence of a Strategic Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 244-264, October.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- Lakshman Krishnamurthi & S. P. Raj, 1988. "A Model of Brand Choice and Purchase Quantity Price Sensitivities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 1-20.
- Greg M. Allenby & Thomas S. Shively & Sha Yang & Mark J. Garratt, 2004. "A Choice Model for Packaged Goods: Dealing with Discrete Quantities and Quantity Discounts," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 95-108, June.
- Conley, T. G., 1999. "GMM estimation with cross sectional dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 1-45, September.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 1993. "Investigating Purchase Incidence, Brand Choice and Purchase Quantity Decisions of Households," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 184-208.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liang Guo, 2006. "—Removing the Boundary Between Structural and Reduced-Form Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 629-632, 11-12.
- Ching-I Huang, 2008.
"Estimating demand for cellular phone service under nonlinear pricing,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 371-413, December.
- Huang, Ching-I, 2007. "Estimating Demand for Cellular Phone Service under Nonlinear Pricing," MPRA Paper 6459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sridhar Narayanan & Pradeep Chintagunta & Eugenio Miravete, 2007. "The role of self selection, usage uncertainty and learning in the demand for local telephone service," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Nitin Mehta, 2007. "Investigating Consumers' Purchase Incidence and Brand Choice Decisions Across Multiple Product Categories: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 196-217, 03-04.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Patterson, Paul M., 2010.
"Spatial Competition and Private Labels,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(2), August.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Patterson, Paul M., 2007. "Spatial Competition in Private Labels," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9840, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Richards, Timothy J. & Acharya, Ram N. & Molina, Ignacio, 2009. "Retail and Wholesale Market Power in Organic Foods," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49329, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:26:y:2009:i:3:p:197-206 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Harikesh S. Nair, 2011. "Structural Workshop Paper --Discrete-Choice Models of Consumer Demand in Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 977-996, November.
- Jorge Silva-Risso & Irina Ionova, 2008. "—A Nested Logit Model of Product and Transaction-Type Choice for Planning Automakers' Pricing and Promotions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 545-566, 07-08.
- Joonhwi Joo & Ali Hortacsu, 2016. "Semiparametric estimation of CES demand system with observed and unobserved product characteristics," 2016 Meeting Papers 36, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:88:y:2012:i:2:p:206-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nitin Mehta & Xinlei (Jack) Chen & Om Narasimhan, 2010. "Examining Demand Elasticities in Hanemann's Framework: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 422-437, 05-06.
- Amit Gandhi Gandhi & Zhentong Lu & Xiaoxia Shi, 2013. "Estimating demand for differentiated products with error in market shares," CeMMAP working papers CWP03/13, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ramanathan, Usha & Muyldermans, Luc, 2010. "Identifying demand factors for promotional planning and forecasting: A case of a soft drink company in the UK," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 538-545, December.
- Anindya Ghose & Panagiotis G. Ipeirotis & Beibei Li, 2012. "Designing Ranking Systems for Hotels on Travel Search Engines by Mining User-Generated and Crowdsourced Content," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 493-520, May.
- Anja Lambrecht & Katja Seim & Bernd Skiera, 2007. "Does Uncertainty Matter? Consumer Behavior Under Three-Part Tariffs," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(5), pages 698-710, 09-10.
- Arnade, Carlos Anthony & Gopinath, Munisamy & Pick, Daniel H., 2011. "How Much Do Consumers Benefit from New Brand Introductions? The Case of Potato Chips," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(1), April.
- Ishida, Takashi & Fukushige, Mototsugu, 2010. "The effects of fishery harbor-based brands on the brand equity of shore fish: An empirical study of branded mackerel in Japan," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 488-495, October.
- Raphael Thomadsen, 2007. "Product Positioning and Competition: The Role of Location in the Fast Food Industry," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 792-804, 11-12.
- Pinar Karaca-Mandic, 2011. "Role of complementarities in technology adoption: The case of DVD players," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 179-210, June.
- Jack (Xinlei) Chen & Om Narasimhan & George John & Tirtha Dhar, 2010. "An Empirical Investigation of Private Label Supply by National Label Producers," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 738-755, 07-08.
More about this item
Keywordsdiscrete/continuous demand system; logit demand system; aggregate data; price endogeneity; primary and secondary demand;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:24:y:2005:i:3:p:444-460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.