Rational Shopping Behavior and the Option Value of Variable Pricing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- João L. Assunção & Robert J. Meyer, 1993. "The Rational Effect of Price Promotions on Sales and Consumption," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(5), pages 517-535, May.
- Randolph E. Bucklin & James M. Lattin, 1991. "A Two-State Model of Purchase Incidence and Brand Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 24-39.
- Alba, Joseph W, et al, 1994. " The Influence of Prior Beliefs, Frequency Cues, and Magnitude Cues on Consumers' Perceptions of Comparative Price Data," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 219-235, September.
- Mulhern, Francis J. & Leone, Robert P., 1990. "Retail promotional advertising : Do the number of deal items and size of deal discounts affect store performance?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 179-194, November.
- Aradhna Krishna, 1994. "The Impact of Dealing Patterns on Purchase Behavior," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(4), pages 351-373.
- Rajiv Lal & Ram Rao, 1997. "Supermarket Competition: The Case of Every Day Low Pricing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 60-80.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- P. Seetharaman & Siddhartha Chib & Andrew Ainslie & Peter Boatwright & Tat Chan & Sachin Gupta & Nitin Mehta & Vithala Rao & Andrei Strijnev, 2005. "Models of Multi-Category Choice Behavior," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 239-254, December.
- Peter Boatwright & Sanjay Dhar & Peter Rossi, 2004. "The Role of Retail Competition, Demographics and Account Retail Strategy as Drivers of Promotional Sensitivity," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 169-190, June.
- David R. Bell & Jeongwen Chiang & V. Padmanabhan, 1999. "The Decomposition of Promotional Response: An Empirical Generalization," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4), pages 504-526.
- Yonezawa, Koichi & Richards, Timothy J., 2016. "Risk Aversion and Preference for Store Price Format," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(3), September.
- Baohong Sun, 2005. "Promotion Effect on Endogenous Consumption," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 430-443, July.
- Selcuk, Cemil & Gokpinar, Bilal, 2017. "Fixed vs. Flexible Pricing in a Competitive Market," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2017/9, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Chen, Zhiyuan & Liang, Xiaoying & Xie, Lei, 2016. "Inter-temporal price discrimination and satiety-driven repeat purchases," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(1), pages 225-236.
- repec:eee:transe:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:83-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boztuğ, Yasemin & Bell, David R., 2004. "The Effect of Inventory on Purchase Incidence: Empirical Analysis of Opposing Forces of Storage and Consumption," Papers 2004,43, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Jaenicke, Edward C. & Chikasada, Mitsuko, 2006. "Separate Decision-Making for Supermarket Leaders and Followers: The Case of Whether or Not to Offer Irradiated Ground Beef," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 37(03), November.
- Qian Liu & Garrett J. van Ryzin, 2008. "Strategic Capacity Rationing to Induce Early Purchases," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(6), pages 1115-1131, June.
- Katja Seim & Michael Sinkinson, 2016. "Mixed pricing in online marketplaces," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 129-155, June.
- Ji Yan & Kun Tian & Huw D. Dixon & Saeed Heravi & Peter Morgan, 2014. "Shop Around and You Pay More," CESifo Working Paper Series 4940, CESifo Group Munich.
- Teck-Hua Ho & Young-Hoon Park & Yong-Pin Zhou, 2006. "Incorporating Satisfaction into Customer Value Analysis: Optimal Investment in Lifetime Value," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 260-277, 05-06.
- Sodhi, ManMohan S. & Sodhi, Navdeep S. & Tang, Christopher S., 2014. "An EOQ model for MRO customers under stochastic price to quantify bullwhip effect for the manufacturer," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 132-142.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:1-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xuanming Su & Fuqiang Zhang, 2008. "Strategic Customer Behavior, Commitment, and Supply Chain Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(10), pages 1759-1773, October.
- Piramuthu, Selwyn, 2005. "Knowledge-based framework for automated dynamic supply chain configuration," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 219-230, August.
- Sanjog Misra, 2005. "Generalized Reverse Discrete Choice Models," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 175-200, June.
- David Bell & Yasemin Boztuğ, 2007. "The positive and negative effects of inventory on category purchase: An empirical analysis," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 1-14, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRational Shopping; EDLP; HILO; Retail Pricing Format;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:44:y:1998:i:12-part-2:p:s145-s160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.